• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brussels Under Attack

Crypto2015

Look up devotion on Google, it is more in line of priests and nuns, not crazy fanatics and stupid suicide bombers.

It depends on what your religion teaches. Axe-wielding Vikings were very devout to their war-oriented mythology.

Crypto2015

True devotion would not follow principles that dictate wanton murder. Brainwashed zombies are not devotees. A true devotee has a mind of his own. That is why he can be devout. Do you understand the difference between the two states of mind? Essentially, the devotee is self-directed, the zombie other-directed. C'mon now, use your head!

Man, your problem is that you think that all religions teach peace. This is not true.

Crypto2015

What is it that I'm betraying and what is it you think I support?

I'm a fan of reason, not blind hysterics and mania. (My avatar is of the Goddess Athena, after all.)

Do you think Sharia is reasonable? Because Sharia is what you will get. The Muslim population of Europe is no larger than 8% of the total population now. Imagine how things would look like if the European population were 40% Muslim. Major European cities would be Jihad strongholds. Imagine a Luton of the size of Paris or a Molenbeek of the size of London. Do you think Europe will survive to that? Once they have taken Europe, they will come after all other non-Muslim nations.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
Do you think Sharia is reasonable? Because Sharia is what you will get. The Muslim population of Europe is no larger than 8% of the total population now. Imagine how things would look like if the European population were 40% Muslim. Major European cities would be Jihad strongholds. Imagine a Luton of the size of Paris or a Molenbeek of the size of London. Do you think Europe will survive to that? Once they have taken Europe, they will come after all other non-Muslim nations.

Ohhh, imagine,imagine,imagine!

If you are not a fortuneteller then probably there is something wrong with the way you imagine things.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Man, your problem is that you think that all religions teach peace. This is not true.

YOUR problem is that you assume I am referring to any religion at all! NOT! What did I say? I said that a true devotee is 'INNER DIRECTED'; that excludes religion, though he may still follow and practice some of the tenets of a religion. But he has made a conscious choice, rather than being driven by fear to follow some authority.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
It depends on what your religion teaches. Axe-wielding Vikings were very devout to their war-oriented mythology.

Nope, not devotion. It's just another form of mental conditioning; ie; 'enslaved attention'. We are talking lower and higher states of consciousness here. The first three lower centers of consciousness are Power, Security, and Sensation, all of which are addictions toward selfish behavior, such as war and territoriality, most likely in the name of some glittering slogan, such as 'honor', or 'the conqueror', etc. The fourth center, that of Love, is transformative of the first three, turning them from addictions into preferences. A man functioning from the fourth center and beyond is not driven by the three addictions.

Last edited:

skl

A man on a mission

Devout, having or showing deep religious feeling or commitment. pious, religious, devoted, dedicated, reverent, God-fearing, believing, spiritual, prayerful, holy, godly, saintly, faithful, dutiful, righteous, churchgoing, orthodox

Fanatic, a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause. zealot, extremist, militant, dogmatist, devotee, sectarian, bigot, rabid, maniacal, radical, diehard, activist, apologist, adherent.

Radical, (especially of change or action) relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough. : thoroughgoing, thorough, complete, total, entire, absolute, utter, comprehensive, exhaustive, sweeping, far-reaching, wide-ranging, extensive, profound, drastic, severe, serious, major, desperate, stringent, violent, forceful, rigorous, draconian.

see the difference?

Pastek

Sunni muslim
I always wonder what would happen if somebody stole the Qaaba meteorite and wouldn't return it until there's a guarantee that all attacks will cease. And if attacks don't cease, then directly bomb the Qaaba and every Muslim symbol available in Mecca and Medina. Attacking symbols would cause less casualties than what is done now which is bombing facilities, houses, etc. And it would prove to Muslims that Allah doesn't protect his things. I think the whole terrorism thing would stop. But before you tell me I'm insane; there are some US Republicans thinking about this already.

You do that you'll have more anger from the terrorists, you will give them an other reason to attack you.
Attacking a symbol and a sacred place because of a minority is clearly stupid. All those who have nothing to do with the attacks and are against it and who have even probably suffer of it will be against you. This will be seen as an attack against the faith and everyone, not just a bunch of people, you will won 2 billions ennemies.
This is the best way to open the 3rd WW.

Underhill

Note that the promises were only made to Abraham. Lot was excluded. I guess you have to wonder why.

But you don't have to wonder so much if you read Genesis 19 and find out that Lot's daughters were the mothers of Moab and Ammon. Not Israelites and not children of promise.

No, I don't wonder why. And that makes sending them out to be raped okay?

I don't give a rats bunghole who their mothers were. That is like saying it's okay that a man was beaten because he was only a slave.

Underhill

Only because the Sodomites rejected Lot's offer. They preferred to rape what they thought were men, rather than take Lot's offer of his virginal daughters. For the time period Genesis was written in, Lot's proposed offer was not barbaric, as young girls were often used as chattel in this way. Placing the lense of 21st Century and its sensitivities upon history is grossly unfair, particularly when you consider that Lot's daughters were not raped, as they were under the protection of the Lord.

So, we can make judgements of Muhammad but not Lot. Got it.

Underhill

People, why are you so stupid? Why the hell are you trying so hard to prove that Christianity is dangerous and pernicious, and this in the context of an Islamic terrorist attack? Would you really be as moronic as to go to the relatives of the Brussels victims to tell them: "Don't be afraid. Islam has killed your relatives today. Tomorrow they will probably kill you, but rejoice: Christianity is just as bad as Islam". In what part of your tiny little brains that this make any sense? You have turned Western Civilization into a huge pathetic joke. Your enemy is killing you almost on a daily basis and your only concern is to destroy what little remains of your own culture. This is not only pathetic, but utterly disgusting.

You might have a point if Islam had killed them. But in truth, fanatical extremist killed them. It would be like telling a murdered abortion doctors family that he was killed by the christian god.

You are the one who tried to claim this attack is all about religion. I'm saying this is about power, as is usually the case with war and tyranny. Religion is just a tool to exploit those weak enough to be manipulated.

Intelligent people realize that what ISIS is trying to do is divide the world into religious camps. They want that war. This is exactly why we cannot allow that to happen.

Crypto2015

You might have a point if Islam had killed them. But in truth, fanatical extremist killed them. It would be like telling a murdered abortion doctors family that he was killed by the christian god.

You are the one who tried to claim this attack is all about religion. I'm saying this is about power, as is usually the case with war and tyranny. Religion is just a tool to exploit those weak enough to be manipulated.

Intelligent people realize that what ISIS is trying to do is divide the world into religious camps. They want that war. This is exactly why we cannot allow that to happen.

Why are those fanatics being hidden and protected by so many Muslims? Why are there Muslim riots in SUPPORT of killing cartoonist for drawing Muhammad? Why there was a Muslim mob ATTACKING the Belgian police when the police was detaining one of the authors of the Paris massacre? Why "moderate" Muslims never riot against extremism? Do you think that perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the Qur'an EXPLICITLY commands Muslims to wage war on non Muslims? Do you think it may be related to the fact that Muhammad killed everyone who criticized him? Do you think it has something to do with the fact that Sharia law teaches that the world is divided between "the house of Islam" (all Muslim countries) and "the house of war" (all of the non-Muslim countries)?

Crypto2015

He never said that.

Yes he did:

Allah's Apostle said, "I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Apostle has left the world and now you, people, are bringing out those treasures (i.e. the Prophet did not benefit by them). Bukhari (4.52.220)

He also said this:

"Sahih Muslim (1:33) The Messenger of Allah said: "I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer and pay zakat."

Last edited:

Crypto2015

Devout, having or showing deep religious feeling or commitment. pious, religious, devoted, dedicated, reverent, God-fearing, believing, spiritual, prayerful, holy, godly, saintly, faithful, dutiful, righteous, churchgoing, orthodox

Fanatic, a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause. zealot, extremist, militant, dogmatist, devotee, sectarian, bigot, rabid, maniacal, radical, diehard, activist, apologist, adherent.

Radical, (especially of change or action) relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough. : thoroughgoing, thorough, complete, total, entire, absolute, utter, comprehensive, exhaustive, sweeping, far-reaching, wide-ranging, extensive, profound, drastic, severe, serious, major, desperate, stringent, violent, forceful, rigorous, draconian.

see the difference?

Islamic terrorists are all of that (according to Islam) because Islam teaches them to kill us.