• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brussels Under Attack

Underhill

Why are those fanatics being hidden and protected by so many Muslims? Why are there Muslim riots in SUPPORT of killing cartoonist for drawing Muhammad? Why there was a Muslim mob ATTACKING the Belgian police when the police was detaining one of the authors of the Paris massacre? Why "moderate" Muslims never riot against extremism? Do you think that perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the Qur'an EXPLICITLY commands Muslims to wage war on non Muslims? Do you think it may be related to the fact that Muhammad killed everyone who criticized him? Do you think it has something to do with the fact that Sharia law teaches that the world is divided between "the house of Islam" (all Muslim countries) and "the house of war" (all of the non-Muslim countries)?

I'm not going to continue this conversation if you are just going to lie. Muslims by and large have denounced all of those things. Pretending that all, most, or even a majority of Muslims support terrorism is fairy tail nonsense.

As for the house of Islam nonsense... the bible says, "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, “I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you, and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty.”

So believers are good, and the light, while nonbelievers are lawless, unclean and dark. Sounds familiar? But 'yes' you say, 'but the bible doesn't say kill the infidels the way the koran does' you say.

Except it does... in Deuteronomy 13.

"6. If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7. gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8. do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9. You must certainly put them to death."

And just to be clear, it says it again a few versus later.

"12. If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13. that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14. then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15. you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock."

And in Deuteronomy 17.

"If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die."

Does that mean all christians want to slaughter everyone who worship other gods? Of course not. Are you going to claim I quoted these versus out of context, or misunderstand their meaning? Of course you are. Just as a moderate muslim, you know... the majority of muslims, would tell you the same about the Koran.

Underhill

Are the followers of Lot killing us almost on a daily basis?

Sure. From Wikipedia...

"After 1981, members of groups such as the Army of God began attacking abortion clinics and doctors across the United States.[100][101][102] A number of terrorist attacks were attributed by Bruce Hoffman to individuals and groups with ties to the Christian Identity and Christian Patriot movements, including the Lambs of Christ.[103] A group called Concerned Christians was deported from Israel on suspicion of planning to attack holy sites in Jerusalem at the end of 1999; they believed that their deaths would "lead them to heaven".[104][105]

Eric Robert Rudolph carried out the Centennial Olympic Park bombing in 1996, as well as subsequent attacks on an abortion clinic and a lesbian nightclub. Michael Barkun, a professor at Syracuse University, considers Rudolph to likely fit the definition of a Christian terrorist. James A. Aho, a professor at Idaho State University, argues that religious considerations inspired Rudolph only in part.[106]

Terrorism scholar Aref M. Al-Khattar has listed The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord (CSA), Defensive Action, the Montana Freemen, and some "Christian militia" as groups that "can be placed under the category of far-right-wing terrorism" that "has a religious (Christian) component".[107]

In 1996 three men—Charles Barbee, Robert Berry and Jay Merelle—were charged with two bank robberies and bombings at the banks, a Spokane newspaper, and a Planned Parenthood office in Washington State. The men were anti-Semitic Christian Identity theorists who believed that God wanted them to carry out violent attacks and that such attacks will hasten the ascendancy of the Aryan race.[108]

In 2011, analyst Daryl Johnson of the United States Department of Homeland Security said that the Hutaree Christian militia movement possessed more weapons than the combined weapons holdings of all Islamic terror defendants charged in the US since the September 11 attacks.[109]

In 2015, Robert Doggart, a 63 year old mechanical engineer, was indicted for solicitation to commit a civil rights violation by intending to damage or destroy religious property after communicating that he intended to amass weapons to attack a Muslim enclave in Delaware County, New York.[110] Doggart, a member of several private militia groups, communicated to an FBI source in a phone call that he had an M4 carbine with "500 rounds of ammunition" that he intended to take to the Delaware County enclave, along with a handgun, molotov cocktails and a machete. The FBI source recorded him saying "if it gets down to the machete, we will cut them to shreds."[111] Doggart had previously travelled to a site in Dover, Tennessee described in chain emails as a "jihadist training camp", and found that the claims were wrong. Doggart pleaded guilty in an April plea bargain stating he had “willfully and knowingly sent a message in interstate commerce containing a true threat” to injure someone. The plea bargain was struck down by a judge because it did not contain enough facts to constitute a true threat.[112][113] Doggart stood as an independent candidate in Tennessee's 4th congressional district, losing with 6.4% of the vote.[114] He has a number of degrees from a degree mill and an ordination from an ordination mill. Various Muslim groups have declared Doggart a terrorist, though none of the charges against him are terrorism related.[115][116][117][118]

In November 2015, Robert Lewis Dear killed three and injured nine at the Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, Colorado.[119]Dear voiced on several occasions his support for radical Christian views and interpretations of the Bible, and praised people who attacked abortion providers, saying they were doing "God's work." He also described members of the Army of God, a loosely organized group of anti-abortion Christian extremists that has claimed responsibility for a number of killings and bombings, as heroes[120]In May 1991, Dear was arrested and convicted in Charleston, for the unlawful carrying of a "long blade knife" and illegal possession of a loaded gun.[121]A woman who was married to Dear from 1985 to 1993 told NBC News that Dear had targeted a Planned Parenthood clinic before, by putting glue on its locks, and had a history of violent behavior.In the court document for their 1993 divorce, his ex-wife said, "He claims to be a Christian and is extremely evangelistic, but does not follow the Bible in his actions. He says that as long as he believes he will be saved, he can do whatever he pleases. He is obsessed with the world coming to an end."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You are the one who needs to read the Tanakh. Just because someone is praised for certain qualities it does not mean that that someone is a perfect role model.
I never said he was a "perfect role model", so you might actually want to reread my post #248. And, btw, it is not a slam-dunk fact that Jesus was a "perfect role model" either even though that's your belief. As Gandhi said about so many Christians, "they elevated the man and forgot his message".

metis

The Vatican is a disgrace.
Maybe you should look into the mirror before throwing stones at someone else. All I see you post is hatred and bigotry on top of more hatred and bigotry, and do you honestly believe that this is what Jesus would want you to write? Remember Paul's statement that anyone who says he loves God but then hates others is a "liar", to use his word for it?

Crypto2015

Maybe you should look into the mirror before throwing stones at someone else. All I see you post is hatred on top of more hatred, and do you honestly believe that this is what Jesus would want you to write?

I don't feel any hatred for Muslims. However, I hate Islam with all my heart and soul. This in line with the teachings of both the Old and New Testaments.

metis

I don't feel any hatred for Muslims. However, I hate Islam with all my heart and soul. This in line with the teachings of both the Old and New Testaments.
Both testaments make no mention of Islam or Muslims, so maybe it's best for you to go back and read them. As the old saying goes, "hate the sin and not the sinner" but apparently you didn't get the memo on that. You are showing the same kind of hatred and bigotry that you accuse Muslims of, but you just can't seem to realize that. Too bad.

Crypto2015

I'm not going to continue this conversation if you are just going to lie. Muslims by and large have denounced all of those things. Pretending that all, most, or even a majority of Muslims support terrorism is fairy tail nonsense.

As for the house of Islam nonsense... the bible says, "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, “I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you, and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty.”

So believers are good, and the light, while nonbelievers are lawless, unclean and dark. Sounds familiar? But 'yes' you say, 'but the bible doesn't say kill the infidels the way the koran does' you say.

Except it does... in Deuteronomy 13.

"6. If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7. gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8. do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9. You must certainly put them to death."

And just to be clear, it says it again a few versus later.

"12. If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13. that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14. then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15. you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock."

And in Deuteronomy 17.

"If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die."

Does that mean all christians want to slaughter everyone who worship other gods? Of course not. Are you going to claim I quoted these versus out of context, or misunderstand their meaning? Of course you are. Just as a moderate muslim, you know... the majority of muslims, would tell you the same about the Koran.

It is written in the Bible that the Law of Moses was binding only for the Israelites that lived in Israel and that its relevance as a legal code ended with the death and resurrection of Jesus. The New Testament asserts clearly that Christians do not need to follow the legal aspects of the Law of Moses. Jesus himself saved people from being stoned to death, although that was the penalty that the Law had prescribed for them (check John 9 to see how Jesus saves an adulterous woman from being stoned to death). The corollary of all of this is that I am peaceful not because I ignore the teachings of my religion, but because I follow them. If I were a Muslim and I took my faith seriously, I would be out there killing infidels, since this is what Islam teaches.

Crypto2015

I doubt they'll be laughing at all since I more than likely won't go to the bother of showing them your posts on the subject. That and I more than likely won't have kids.

Given the most likely future of the UK in regards to Islam, they won't have so many reasons to smile anyway, unless they convert to Islam, of course.

Crypto2015

Both testaments make no mention of Islam or Muslims, so maybe it's best for you to go back and read them. As the old saying goes, "hate the sin and not the sinner" but apparently you didn't get the memo on that. You are showing the same kind of hatred and bigotry that you accuse Muslims of, but you just can't seem to realize that. Too bad.

They say that we must hate sin. Islam is full of sin. Hating Islam and hating Muslims is not the same thing. I hate Nazism, but I don't hate Germans. I think that some Nazis even lived to become decent human beings after repenting from their affiliation to Nazism. I know a lot of Muslims who left Islam because they realized what Islam is all about. Muslims are human beings that can be rescued from Islam. However, Islam itself is something that has to be condemned in the strongest of terms.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
They say that we must hate sin. Islam is full of sin. Hating Islam and hating Muslims is not the same thing. I hate Nazism, but I don't hate Germans. I think that some Nazis even lived to become decent human beings after repenting from their affiliation to Nazism. I know a lot of Muslims who left Islam because they realized what Islam is all about. Muslims are human beings that can be rescued from Islam. However, Islam itself is something that has to be condemned in the strongest of terms.

I agree totally.

metis

But if you take that route, much of this can also be said about Christianity during it's long history. But I assume you don't hate your own faith, so this is where the bigotry comes in.

I don't hate any religious faith nor those in it, but I do hate what some people do and preach that can be found in all religions. Our enemy should not be Islam-- it should be the hatred and bigotry that all too many believe and put into practice. I live in an area just outside of Detroit whereas I have had many as former students and friends, going to some of their weddings and mosques, and they simply ain't all alike.

Crypto2015

But if you take that route, much of this can also be said about Christianity during it's long history. But I assume you don't hate your own faith, so this is where the bigotry comes in.

I don't hate any religious faith nor those in it, but I do hate what some people do and preach that can be found in all religions. Our enemy should not be Islam-- it should be the hatred and bigotry that all too many believe and put into practice. I live in an area just outside of Detroit whereas I have had many as former students and friends, going to some of their weddings and mosques, and they simply ain't all alike.

No. I am not a bigot. I just take Islam seriously. When I read its texts, I read them as I normally read my own sacred texts. I am a sincere believer in Jesus and because of that I understand how the mind of a sincere believer in Muhammad works. To be honest with you, before becoming a Christian I used to hate the Jewish people. Now I love the Jewish people because the New Testament has taught me to love them. Just read the New Testament with an open mind and you will see that any sincere believer in Jesus Christ will certainly end up feeling love for the Jews.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Yes he did:

Allah's Apostle said, "I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Apostle has left the world and now you, people, are bringing out those treasures (i.e. the Prophet did not benefit by them). Bukhari (4.52.220)

Ok, but it was God who've put terror in the heart of the enemy, not Muhammad > 8.12 , 59.2

8.63 "And (as for the believers) hath attuned their hearts. If thou hadst spent all that is in the earth thou couldst not have attuned their hearts, but Allah hath attuned them.

You can't be victorious if you don't earn the heart of people. He won because people were little by little convinced by him not because of terror.

Muhammad wasn't send to bring terror to people if that's the reason why you quoted this.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Catholicism does not teach hatred towards any religious group, and this has been reinforced many times by this Pope and previous ones.

I never said I hate anyone or any group.

The pope is great and I love him but scripture supercedes everything he says is my belief:

Psalm 97:10King James Version
10 Ye that love the Lord, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

metis

No. I am not a bigot. I just take Islam seriously. When I read its texts, I read them as I normally read my own sacred texts. I am a sincere believer in Jesus and because of that I understand how the mind of a sincere believer in Muhammad works. To be honest with you, before becoming a Christian I used to hate the Jewish people. Now I love the Jewish people because the New Testament has taught me to love them. Just read the New Testament with an open mind and you will see that any sincere believer in Jesus Christ will certainly end up feeling love for the Jews.
No, you simply do not "understand how the mind of a sincere believer in Muhammad works" because they simply are not all the same, much like those of you in Christianity and those of us in Judaism are not all the same. Stereotyping any group almost always leads to prejudice and hatred.

metis

I never said I hate anyone or any group.

The pope is great and I love him but scripture supercedes everything he says is my belief:

Psalm 97:10King James Version
10 Ye that love the Lord, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.
The above says nothing in regards to Islam nor how to treat Muslims, and...

Micah 6[8] He has showed you, O man, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?

This is what the Pope is preaching and how the scriptures do say about how we should act. If you seriously believe that this Pope and the previous ones in recent decades are wrong, as well as Jesus' emphasis on compassion and justice, then maybe you're in the wrong religious faith.