• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brussels Under Attack

SpeaksForTheTrees

That's revisionist history of the highest order. In other words, it just didn't happen that way.
No it didn't , both religions spawned into a world of already set laws
YHWH is his name and anything less is idolatery
Thinking of flipping to judaism myself starting to share thier philosophies for all the wrong reasons.

Crypto2015

Catholics and Protestants were slaughtering each other in Northern Ireland not too long ago, Catholics and Orthodox Christians were murdering each other in the former Yugoslavia not too long ago and Orthodox Christians were murdering Muslims,too. Christians in some parts of Africa conduct witchhunts and torture and murder children who are suspected of being witches.

As for Buddhists, they are currently committing genocide against the Muslim minority in Myanmar and the Buddhist monks are leading the way there.

I have lived in Ireland for a long time. The Protestant vs. Catholic conflict is actually an Ethnic English and Ethnic Scottish vs. Ethnic Irish conflict. The problem is that the Ethnic Irish and the Ethnic English cannot distinguish themselves by their physical appearance and, since both groups have lived in Northern Ireland for centuries, they can't distinguish themselves by their accents either. So, the only way to tell who is who in Northern Ireland is by their religion. Ethnic Irish are Catholic and Ethnic English are Protestants. The religions themselves don't really matter, though. They have never fought against each other for theological reasons.

Regarding African Christianity and its attacks, I simply don't hear about them and I have never seen them. As far as I am concerned, they may well be a media invention. I have seen the rubble of the buildings that the Muslim bombs have destroyed, though. I have met Islamic radicals and I know how dangerous they are. Islam is the only religion in the world that should not be considered a religion. It is a political party. A fascist one.

SpeaksForTheTrees

You know nothing except for what your Rabbis tell you.
You was just quoting the rabbis in your reply bro .
No mate I'm white Englishman old blood English
I'm a baptized ,confirmed in a christian school and church in England .
Free thinking Christians
I hate Christians & Muslims for thier ignorance and stupidity is all

SpeaksForTheTrees

I am glad that we arrived at the conclusion that its all the Jews fault.

Wonderful.
No you can't be blamed for our ignorance and stupidity
Be nice if you did just accept us for what we are and stop hating us
We do our best )
Few rewording on your side might not go a miss for a greater good

Underhill

He's referring to those not so wonderful historical crusades and of course the inquisition. Of course the Catholic Church has come a long way since then. I have no idea why they contradicted Jesus' teachings and did those things.

Actually he referred to abortion clinic attacks which happen fairly frequently here in the states. It is an apt comparison.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I have lived in Ireland for a long time. The Protestant vs. Catholic conflict is actually an Ethnic English and Ethnic Scottish vs. Ethnic Irish conflict. The problem is that the Ethnic Irish and the Ethnic English cannot distinguish themselves by their physical appearance and, since both groups have lived for centuries in Northern Ireland, they can't distinguish themselves by the accent either. So, the only way to tell who is who in Northern Ireland is by the religion. Ethnic Irish are Catholic and Ethnic English are Protestants. The religions themselves don't really matter though. They have never fought each other for theological reasons.
That's pretty much how it is with all of these conflicts and killings. It's really about politics, nationalism and savage tribalism. Religion is really just an excuse, in all of these conflicts. Humans are just dumb animals, especially in large groups and when passions are high. We're violent apes.

Underhill

That's pretty much how it is with all of these conflicts and killings. It's really about politics, nationalism and savage tribalism. Religion is really just an excuse, in all of these conflicts. Humans are just dumb animals, especially in large groups and when passions are high. We're violent apes.

The problem is not the religion itself but the indoctrination of religion allows for them to be led easily. This is why Stalin and Hitler both used similar models to those used in religion to indoctrinate youth and control the people without religion. (And no, I am not equating religion or religious people with Stalin or Hitler.)

Crypto2015

Not true. Islam is a political movement whose goal is the subjugation and/or the annihilation of all non-Muslims.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Not true. Islam is a political movement whose goal is the subjugation and/or the annihilation of all non-Muslims.
Blah, blah, blah. You can do that same trick with all the religions. You can make any religion beautiful or ugly. It all depends on your interpretation of it. The Romans made Roman religion ugly by enforcing worship of the emperor. The Imperial Japanese made Shintoism ugly by tying it to their ultra-nationalism. (The suicide attacks by jihadists are much the same as the kamikaze attacks of the Imperial Japanese.)

Last edited:

SpeaksForTheTrees

Well wouldn't yours be if you was threatened from day 1
remove the threat on Islam they would be forced to lay down arms .
Islam a trapped animal is like saying don't bite while I slice your throat .
Is the fate of idolaters the spillers of blood on a hunch

Crypto2015

Blah, blah, blah. You can do that same trick with all the religions. You can make any religion beautiful or ugly. It all depends on your interpretation of it.

No, you can't. Take a look at their text because making that sort of statements. Just read the Sharia, for God's sake. This people even tell you straight away that they kill you because you are a non-Muslim.

Crypto2015

Well wouldn't yours be if you was threatened from day 1
remove the threat on Islam they would be forced to lay down arms .
Islam a trapped animal is like saying don't bite while I slice your throat .
Is the fate of idolaters the spillers of blood on a hunch

How do you think Islam conquered all of North Africa and most of the East all the way up to India in less than one hundred years? Jihad is not only defensive, but offensive as well. The goal of the Muslim community is the conquest of the world. By the way, for a devout Muslim you will always be worth less than a worm, since the Qur'an says that unbelievers are the most vile of created beings. Your behaviour does not count.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
No, you can't. Take a look at their text because making that sort of statements. Just read the Sharia, for God's sake. This people even tell you straight away that they kill you because you are a non-Muslim.
I've read a lot of the Qur'an and read some of the Hadiths. Different Muslim sects interpret the Qur'an differently and take different Hadiths as authoritative (or none of the Hadiths at all). It's objectively no different from any other religion.

SpeaksForTheTrees

How do you think Islam conquered all of North Africa and most of the East all the way up to India in less than one hundred years? Jihad is not only defensive, but offensive as well. The goal of the Muslim community is the conquest of the world. By the way, for a devout Muslim you will always be worth less than a worm, since the Qur'an says that unbelievers are the most vile of created beings. Your behaviour does not count.
Laws of Judaism say the same
Your point ?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
How do you think Christianity conquered Europe, much of Africa, parts of Asia, the Americas, etc? Lol. You think they all converted peacefully? Lol.