• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brussels Under Attack

Crypto2015

I've read a lot of the Qur'an and read some of the Hadiths. Different Muslim sects interpret the Qur'an differently and take different Hadiths as authoritative (or none of the Hadiths at all). It's objectively no different from any other religion.

Not true. It is clear and simple. For example:

"To Allah, there are no animals viler than those who do not believe and remain unbelievers" (Sura 8:55)

How can this be more clear than it is?

Demonslayer

This people even tell you straight away that they kill you because you are a non-Muslim.

The Bible also commands the deaths of anyone who worships a different God.

-------------------------

Deuteronomy 17

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Not true. It is clear and simple. For example:

"To Allah, there are no animals viler than those who do not believe and remain unbelievers" (Sura 8:55)

How can this be more clear than it is?
And Yahweh was a genocidal fanatic and Jesus went around insulting people and threatening them with hellfire. So?

Crypto2015

Deuteronomy 17

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

This was written for the Israelites and it was meant to be applied only in the land of Israel. The Bible clearly says that Christians do not need to follow the Law of Moses.

Flankerl

I realize you have the Talmud, but the Hebrew Bible does contain many supposed commands from God to destroy "idols" and demonizes all other religions except for that of the Jewish deity.

Most of the time its about US not to be like THEM and then goes into detail about what to do with US if we do like THEY do.

This in no way means we should go out and cleanse India from the Hindus.

However you know you must hate idolater is a part of your 613 laws , tzit ,zit

Yes Jews who pray to Idols are a problem.

Is Jesus son of YHWH or prophet to you ?
Do you love Jesus ?

Sh'ma Yisra'eil Adonai Eloheinu Adonai echad.

Deuteronomy 17

Oh for crying out loud. This is clearly addressed towards Jews and not anyone else.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Sh'ma Yisra'eil Adonai Eloheinu Adonai echad.
All paths (tao) lead to the same place
Stupid and ignorant , but not bad people , I live amongst them
Can only be one God all paths lead to him ?
All religion is Yahweh , is about culture why we choose different paths to Yahweh
I know is same place is just known by different tongue.
Some really mixed up think Satan as Allah pfff we can control them
Yahweh , Allah in a different tongue
Yahweh for all , to be forced on none

Last edited:

Demonslayer

Oh for crying out loud. This is clearly addressed towards Jews and not anyone else.

Wait, what? Does it or does it not say to stone people who worship a different God? What are you saying, that only Jews are supposed to stone non-believers? Or only Jews should be stoned?

One way or the other, that passage says to stone to death people who worship other Gods. You'll have to explain how your comment makes this not so.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Wait, what? Does it or does it not say to stone people who worship a different God? What are you saying, that only Jews are supposed to stone non-believers? Or only Jews should be stoned?

One way or the other, that passage says to stone to death people who worship other Gods. You'll have to explain how your comment makes this not so.
Those the kind of question Jesus asks
He is why he ultimately put to death .
Is hatred in society from over 2000 years ago , still today we haven't addressed this cause of hatred.
Was not gods law that Jesus questioned .
However this time I'm safe in a christian nation and they can't touch me .
However after Friday my jesus role play is over , and is up to humanity .
You a young guy that likes a challenge ?

Flankerl

I don't get the confusion. The entire chapter is addressed to Jews.

Devarim 17
1 You shall not sacrifice to the Lord, your God, an ox or a sheep that has in it a blemish or any bad thing, for that is an abomination to the Lord, your God.

2 If there will be found among you, within one of your cities which the Lord, your God is giving you, a man or woman who does evil in the eyes of the Lord, your God, to transgress His covenant,

3 and who will go and worship other gods and prostrate himself before them, or to the sun, the moon, or any of the host of the heavens, which I have not commanded;

4 and it will be told to you, and you will hear it, and investigate thoroughly, and behold, the matter coincides; this abomination has been perpetrated in Israel.

5 Then you shall bring out that man or that woman who has committed this evil thing, to your cities, the man or the woman, and you shall pelt them with stones, and they shall die.

This is then followed by the requirements, there needing to be witnesses etc, though this is rarely quoted with it because that would be far too boring and related to the topic at hand.

So yes this is a law for Jews. Its almost as if the entire book is addressed at Jews. In the language of the Jews.
No idea why that is the case tbh.
012.gif

Demonslayer

So yes this is a law for Jews. Its almost as if the entire book is addressed at Jews. In the language of the Jews.

OK so God told the Jews to kill non-believers. I don't see how it differs from Allah telling the Muslims to kill non-believers.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Like arm wrestling or something?
Yes arm wrestling no bone breaking , all must be preserved
Yahweh is God , lest not **** him of to much , he has huge armies on earth .
Jesus died for Israel sin not christian , in no debt owed from Jewish only recognized
that Yahweh is great

mindlight

See in the dark
Because they think- they know that they're better than you. Justifying killing is easy for anyone who claims "righteousness" from God.

Blowing up some trains or people in an airport is no better than murdering an abortion doctor. God has spoken to you in your head and given you permission and/or orders to kill, regardless of laws governing basic civilized behavior in society.

The real question is why religions continue to put up with such people in their midst and refuse to police them out via reforms.

Murders of abortion doctors are extremely rare and practically non existent amongst European Christians you will be hard pressed to find any examples of Christian terrorism here while Islamic examples are commonplace. This action was an atasck on the EU designed to get us angry and get us fighting. Apparently these nutcases think that is a fight they can win. We need to hunt these Salafi Jihaddists down whever they may be but condeming the innocent with the guilty is the IS agenda not ours surely!?