• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Building Bridges to the Unity of Humanity

Building bridges to the Unity of Humamity will require a plan?

• Total voters

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
But are the people that get elected to this World Tribunal really going to be all that virtuous? If they are in the least bit greedy or hungry for power or have any bad qualities, how's the decisions made by the World Tribunal going to be fair and just?
I see we need to be positive about the future of humanity, concentrating our positivity on the potential we all have.

It's a new world order that is on its way.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I see we need to be positive about the future of humanity, concentrating our positivity on the potential we all have.

It's a new world order that is on its way.

Regards Tony
Yes, we need to be positive. So, let's just go for it. Let's all disarm. Elect that World Tribunal, and see what happens. Like I said before... What could go wrong?

Except going by what has happened in the past when a religion was in power, I'm "positive" things won't go very good.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Yes, we need to be positive. So, let's just go for it. Let's all disarm. Elect that World Tribunal, and see what happens. Like I said before... What could go wrong?

Except going by what has happened in the past when a religion was in power, I'm "positive" things won't go very good.
If it is a genuine effort, it will work.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
If it is a genuine effort, it will work.

Regards Tony
Again, God's supposed perfect plan has to be implemented by corruptible, fallible people.

How many sound so "genuine" when the speak? Like all those cult leaders that got people to follow them? And no matter which side a person is on here in the U.S., both political leaders sound so "genuine" to their followers.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Again, God's supposed perfect plan has to be implemented by corruptible, fallible people.

How many sound so "genuine" when the speak? Like all those cult leaders that got people to follow them? And no matter which side a person is on here in the U.S., both political leaders sound so "genuine" to their followers.
God's plans unfold over centuries and millenniums. All our choices have been included in that plan.

God already knows the end, as God already knew the beginning. God knows all our choices, all our thoughts, all are written on Tablets of chrysolite

"Think not the deeds ye have committed have been blotted from My sight. By My beauty! All your doings hath My pen graven with open characters upon tablets of chrysolite. Bahá’u’lláh, Hidden Words, Persian 63

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
"Think not the deeds ye have committed have been blotted from My sight. By My beauty! All your doings hath My pen graven with open characters upon tablets of chrysolite. Bahá’u’lláh, Hidden Words, Persian 63
But there's a whole bunch of verses in the Bible and the NT that says that God does not remember them. So, does the God of the Baha'is remember both the good and the bad deeds? Because the God in the Bible and the NT supposedly forgets the bad deeds. Here's just some of the verses.

Hebrews 8:12 ESV / 172 helpful votes​

For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.”

Isaiah 43:25 ESV / 158 helpful votes​

“I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.

Hebrews 10:17 ESV / 134 helpful votes​

Then he adds, “I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.”

1 John 1:9 ESV / 133 helpful votes​

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Psalm 103:12 ESV / 116 helpful votes​

As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.

Jeremiah 31:34 ESV / 115 helpful votes​

And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

Isaiah 1:18 ESV / 89 helpful votes​

“Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.

Acts 3:19 ESV / 72 helpful votes​

Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out,

Micah 7:19 ESV / 65 helpful votes​

He will again have compassion on us; he will tread our iniquities underfoot. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
But there's a whole bunch of verses in the Bible and the NT that says that God does not remember them. So, does the God of the Baha'is remember both the good and the bad deeds? Because the God in the Bible and the NT supposedly forgets the bad deeds. Here's just some of the verses.

Hebrews 8:12 ESV / 172 helpful votes​

For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.”

Isaiah 43:25 ESV / 158 helpful votes​

“I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.

Hebrews 10:17 ESV / 134 helpful votes​

Then he adds, “I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.”

1 John 1:9 ESV / 133 helpful votes​

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Psalm 103:12 ESV / 116 helpful votes​

As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.

Jeremiah 31:34 ESV / 115 helpful votes​

And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

Isaiah 1:18 ESV / 89 helpful votes​

“Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.

Acts 3:19 ESV / 72 helpful votes​

Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out,

Micah 7:19 ESV / 65 helpful votes​

He will again have compassion on us; he will tread our iniquities underfoot. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.
That is part of the process of being born again CG and asking for forgiveness, a private act between the beleiver and God.

We answer for all our choices when we pass from this world.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
So, how do they handle it when some of the people aren't Baha'i? How are they building bridges with people that believe in a different religion?
If you watch the video, many were not Baha'i and joined in, they were attracted because their choice of heart. Attracted to the realisation thay can be more than they currently were.

This happens in many communities. Many people join in, that are not Baha'i.

The Rhui process has its challenges, even for Baha'is. The wiser the facilitator, the better the experience. It is all about building that capacity in every individual.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
If you watch the video, many were not Baha'i and joined in, they were attracted because their choice of heart. Attracted to the realisation thay can be more than they currently were.

This happens in many communities. Many people join in, that are not Baha'i.

The Rhui process has its challenges, even for Baha'is. The wiser the facilitator, the better the experience. It is all about building that capacity in every individual.

Regards Tony
But it's similar to a Christian Church camp. Some kids are not going to be Christian. But they are going to be taught Christian values and Christian morality, and probably some Christian beliefs about getting saved.

Both get the kids away from the negative things going on in the places where they live. But they're all going to go back there. I know a Christian kid that was doing fine while he was with his Christian friends. But he got pulled back into the "good times" of what his non-Christian friends were doing.

So, with these kids, how do they stay connected? How does the program follow up when the kids are back home and are around negative influences?

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
So, with these kids, how do they stay connected? How does the program follow up when the kids are back home and are around negative influences?
The program is all.aboutvslef empowering each individual. In a lot of cases, it attracts the parents to come, as they see such a change in their children.

Regards Tony