• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I know some Christians who are now skeptical of the biblical accounts about Jesus after reading the sources I provided for them, including Jesus in comparative

“Some” would be correct… but then again, It was declared that “some” would depart from the faith. It doesn’t mean one is correct

Last edited:

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
All that you have shown is that translation from one language to another is not an exact science. There are simply too many variables and nuances of meaning to come up with a one-to-ine correspondence.

The Septuagint was the Bible in use in the Greek-speaking world and is often quoted in Greek by the New Testament authors. That is why there is sometimes a difference between the Hebrew Bible and the Septuagint, and that difference is compounded when those translations are quoted in the various English Bibles.
The Aramaic Language Translates it the same exact way too. -- Create or Made

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
LORD JEHOVAH created me at the beginning of his creation and from before all his works.

Lamsa Bible - is from the Aramaic Language
The LORD created me as the first of his creations, before all of his works.

Pesh-itta Holy Bible Translated
The Pesh-itta Old Testament is an Aramaic translation of proto-Massoretic Hebrew manuscripts.
LORD JEHOVAH created me at the beginning of his creation and from before all his works.

The Pesh-itta is a version of the Bible that is related to both Aramaic and Hebrew: Google says.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Your years of study as a devout Christian, evangelist, and street preacher "paid off". Exactly how? By causing you to lose your faith and drift aimlessly through life until the end? Very admirable! LOL!
My friend @Sgt. Pepper is not drifting aimlessly through life. She has been happily married for over 30 years and has raised five children and she now has grandchildren. I consider that very admirable.
Obviously, you are not in any position to judge Christians, since you are a failed Christian and have "abandoned ship". It's like a team losing a game and claiming, "well, we taught them a thing or two about football". But they and you are losers.
My friend @Sgt. Pepper is not a failed Christian, she is a Christian who left the faith for good reasons. It is not like a game that she lost, but I consider her a winner for seeing the light leaving Christianity, which I consider a religion full of false beliefs and false doctrines.

Christianity could have been a true religion because Jesus is truly from God, but the religion went way off track so it is now full of false beliefs and false doctrines, and as such it is not a true religion.

jimb

Premium Member
I know some Christians who are now skeptical of the biblical accounts about Jesus after reading the sources I provided for them, including Jesus in comparative mythology. It was an eye-opener for them, just as it was for me. These Christians, like me, were initially unaware of the striking parallels between the stories of Jesus and other divine savior stories that predate the Bible and Christianity. Each of these Christians attempted to proselytize by preaching their preferred doctrinal beliefs and biblical interpretations about salvation. The irony was that they contradicted one another. They tried to convert me back to Christianity, but I stopped them in their tracks. My years of study as a devout Christian, evangelist, and street preacher paid off.

More times than I can count.

The irony is that Christians believe that they properly understand the Bible and have spiritual discernment, but they constantly contradict one another about the Bible and their doctrinal beliefs. They are so divided that they can't even agree about whether salvation in Jesus is conditional or unconditional.
Paid off? By leaving the faith and deserting the Savior, you're proud of yourself??? You have a very disturbed mind and a very sick spirit.

jimb

Premium Member
Some Christians believe Jesus is God; some don't. I think that this is yet another example of just how divided Christians are. We can add it to the long list of doctrinal and scriptural disputes that they have had amongst themselves since the early years of Christianity. The irony is that all these different Christian sects believe that their preferred version of Christianity is the only correct one, and yet they can't even agree on what the Bible actually says. Oh, the irony.
You have no idea what you're talking about. None.

jimb

Premium Member
In this modern age, not all Christians believe that Jesus was resurrected, and even those who believe it do not all believe it strongly.

What percentage of people believe in the resurrection?

While 66% of Americans say the biblical accounts of Jesus' resurrection are accurate, fewer (47%) strongly agree. Even among those who regularly attend church, just 71% strongly agree. Mar 25, 2024
Study shows most Americans believe in the physical ...

A quarter of people who describe themselves as Christians in Great Britain do not believe in the resurrection of Jesus, a survey commissioned by the BBC suggests.

I think that @Sgt. Pepper knows what is proper understanding of the Bible because she was a Christian for 30 years, and she has studied the Bible cover to cover.

How do you know what is proper understanding of the Bible?
How do you know what is spiritual discernment?
You really think that @Sgt. Pepper has no idea what Christianity is about, as is clear from the posted messages.

"Study shows..? LOL!!! The BBC is the source of your data? How far did you have to hunt to justify your predetermined conclusion? I hate to tell you, but the BBC is not (and never has been) a source of reliable data concerning Christianity. They are a secular, for-profit, news organization.

=> You are clearly making a fool of yourself! <=

jimb

Premium Member
I know some Christians who are now skeptical of the biblical accounts about Jesus after reading the sources I provided for them, including Jesus in comparative mythology. It was an eye-opener for them, just as it was for me. These Christians, like me, were initially unaware of the striking parallels between the stories of Jesus and other divine savior stories that predate the Bible and Christianity. Each of these Christians attempted to proselytize by preaching their preferred doctrinal beliefs and biblical interpretations about salvation. The irony was that they contradicted one another. They tried to convert me back to Christianity, but I stopped them in their tracks. My years of study as a devout Christian, evangelist, and street preacher paid off.

More times than I can count.

The irony is that Christians believe that they properly understand the Bible and have spiritual discernment, but they constantly contradict one another about the Bible and their doctrinal beliefs. They are so divided that they can't even agree about whether salvation in Jesus is conditional or unconditional.
Read your own "signature". Or have you included it as a sick joke?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You really think that @Sgt. Pepper has no idea what Christianity is about, as is clear from the posted messages.
@Sgt. Pepper knows what Christianity is about very well since she had been a Christian for 30 years and has read the Bible cover to cover. That is very clear from her posted messages where she had stated that fact.
"Study shows..? LOL!!! The BBC is the source of your data? How far did you have to hunt to justify your predetermined conclusion? I hate to tell you, but the BBC is not (and never has been) a source of reliable data concerning Christianity. They are a secular, for-profit, news organization.

More Americans Believe in Christ's Resurrection than Britons do

Updated: May 28, 2021

Two-thirds of Americans (66%) believe that Jesus Christ’s physical resurrection as described in the Bible is “completely accurate,” as Lifeway Research’s 2020 State of Theology study explains.

20% of U.S. adults don’t believe in the resurrection while 14% are unsure of their belief on this matte

The study also found that 29% of people “who do not attend religious services at least monthly” do not believe in the resurrection, while only 8% of people who do attend religious services express the same lack of belief.

A Rasmussen report reveals that the percentage of Americans who believed in the resurrection in 2013 was close to the percentage of Americans who believed the same in 2020. Eight years ago, 64% of U.S. adults stated that they believed in the resurrection. 19% did not believe, and 17% were unsure.

In Great Britain, the statistics tell a very different story. According to a 2017 survey commissioned by the BBC, 17% of all British adults believe the Bible version of the resurrection as described word-for-word, while only 31% of British adults who describe themselves as Christian believe the same.

Conversely, 50% of British adults do not believe in Christ’s resurrection. For Christian British adults, that percentage drops to 25%. It is surprising that one in four Britons who describe themselves as Christians do not believe in the resurrection since it is one of the core tenets of Christian faith.

As for non-religious adults in Britain, just 9% believe in the resurrection.

American Christians are slow to catch up with the rest of the Christian world.
Most still believe ridiculous stories like Adam and Eve are actually true.
=> You are clearly making a fool of yourself! <=
I trust the judgment of the members on this forum so I will allow them to decide who is making a fool of themself.

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I never said that they should believe me.

I said:
Yes, I believe Baha'u'llah's words, but I don't expect anyone else to believe them.
That would have to be their choice.

I think you are more Christlike than most of the Christians I know or have met, including on this forum. I've said before, and I'll say it again: If it weren't for my Christian husband and a few others I know, I would despise Christians. The majority of those I've interacted with on this forum make my stomach turn.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I never said that they should believe me.

I said:
Yes, I believe Baha'u'llah's words, but I don't expect anyone else to believe them.
That would have to be their choice.
You asked someone here why should anyone believe him. So I ask you why should anyone believe you in your belief with Bahaullah.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
@Sgt. Pepper knows what Christianity is about very well since she had been a Christian for 30 years and has read the Bible cover to cover. That is very clear from her posted messages where she had stated that fact.

Two-thirds of Americans (66%) believe that Jesus Christ’s physical resurrection as described in the Bible is “completely accurate,” as Lifeway Research’s 2020 State of Theology study explains.

20% of U.S. adults don’t believe in the resurrection while 14% are unsure of their belief on this matte

The study also found that 29% of people “who do not attend religious services at least monthly” do not believe in the resurrection, while only 8% of people who do attend religious services express the same lack of belief.

A Rasmussen report reveals that the percentage of Americans who believed in the resurrection in 2013 was close to the percentage of Americans who believed the same in 2020. Eight years ago, 64% of U.S. adults stated that they believed in the resurrection. 19% did not believe, and 17% were unsure.

In Great Britain, the statistics tell a very different story. According to a 2017 survey commissioned by the BBC, 17% of all British adults believe the Bible version of the resurrection as described word-for-word, while only 31% of British adults who describe themselves as Christian believe the same.

Conversely, 50% of British adults do not believe in Christ’s resurrection. For Christian British adults, that percentage drops to 25%. It is surprising that one in four Britons who describe themselves as Christians do not believe in the resurrection since it is one of the core tenets of Christian faith.

I trust the judgment of the members on this forum so I will allow them to decide who is making a fool of themself.
That's a very sad statement.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You asked someone here why should anyone believe him. So I ask you why should anyone believe you in your belief with Bahaullah.
I asked someone here why should anyone believe him because I saw no reason why anyone should believe him.
I also see no reason why anyone should believe me, or why anyone should believe anyone else on this forum.

Now do you understand?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

I'm glad to see Christianity is declining in some places. I think that's encouraging news.

And so this is, in my opinion.

In U.S., Decline of Christianity Continues at Rapid Pace

And this article as well: Decline of Christianity Shows No Signs of Stopping.

"In a new study out today, Pew projects that in 2070, Christians will likely make up less than half the US population."

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm glad to see Christianity is declining in some places. I think that's encouraging news.

And so this is, in my opinion.

In U.S., Decline of Christianity Continues at Rapid Pace

And this article as well: Decline of Christianity Shows No Signs of Stopping.

"In a new study out today, Pew projects that in 2070, Christians will likely make up less than half the US population."
That is very interesting. I recall reading that in the 1950s, 95% of the U.S. population were Christians.
Given that, my parents were a rarity, since they dropped out of Christianity long before I was born, which is why I did not have a Christian upbringing. I never even read one page of the Bible until I was 60 years old, and then only because I had started to post on some religious forums, before I came here.