• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”—John 13:35. NIV,

Why does the Bible include these words?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”—John 13:35. NIV,

Very good question, Walt. Thanks for bringing that out. Jesus said everyone will KNOW those who are his disciples if...they love one another. Excellent.

walt

Last edited:

YoursTrue

That is so interesting, Walt. I realize there is no J sound in Hebrew, so even Jerusalem or Joshua isn't said like English speakers would say it.

YoursTrue

At Psalms 83:18

47 Bibles:
17 Bibles say Lord
23 say Jehovah
7 say Yahweh
Arabic - يهوه At Psalms 83:18

Link to over 100 Bibles.

Yehuwa Is God's name in Indonesian, every language pronounces consonants and vowels differently.

Cantonese - Yehwowah

The translations that use the expression LORD instead of Yahweh or Jehovah are not translating properly and can mislead people who read those translations.

walt

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Few translations actually have the divine Name written out from the Hebrew. Even though it's there thousands of times in the Hebrew texts. When I went to synagogue as a young woman the "Ten Words," or Commandments were on the wall. I never ever knew (because I did not read Hebrew even though I went to synagogue for years since I was a youngster into my young-er adulthood) that the four Hebrew letters on the wall were God's Name. The rabbi never spoke of it. I stopped going to synagogue when I left home and went to college, and resisted attempts by others to proselytize even though I wanted to know what other religions taught. It's a long story...:)

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
In this modern age, not all Christians believe that Jesus was resurrected, and even those who believe it do not all believe it strongly.

What percentage of people believe in the resurrection?

While 66% of Americans say the biblical accounts of Jesus' resurrection are accurate, fewer (47%) strongly agree. Even among those who regularly attend church, just 71% strongly agree. Mar 25, 2024
Study shows most Americans believe in the physical ...

A quarter of people who describe themselves as Christians in Great Britain do not believe in the resurrection of Jesus, a survey commissioned by the BBC suggests.

I think that @Sgt. Pepper knows what is proper understanding of the Bible because she was a Christian for 30 years, and she has studied the Bible cover to cover.

How do you know what is proper understanding of the Bible?
How do you know what is spiritual discernment?
Luke 10:21.

So “spiritual discernment”, ie., accurate understanding, comes from Yahweh, Jesus’ Father. -Luke 10:21

And Yahweh requires exclusive devotion. In most Bibles, Exodus 20:1-5 says He’s a jealous God.

So if people are including Jesus as their God (or doing other things the Bible condemns), which includes the vast majority of Christendom, they won’t be given accurate understanding.

I don’t care how long they’ve claimed to be Christian.

It’s as simple as that.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Luke 10:21.

So “spiritual discernment”, ie., accurate understanding, comes from Yahweh, Jesus’ Father. -Luke 10:21

And Yahweh requires exclusive devotion. In most Bibles, Exodus 20:1-5 says He’s a jealous God.

Yet, YHWH’s Holy Spirit also teaches us:

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teachyou all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Just when we think we have it all together, we learn something new :)

So if people are including Jesus as their God (or doing other things the Bible condemns), which includes the vast majority of Christendom, they won’t be given accurate understanding.

I would agree that most Christians haven’t studied the Bible.. But I don’t agree that just because YHWY and Adonai are different words, it doesn’t translate into “The Word” is not “God”… He is a part of the Godhead - just like “spirit” and “soul” are not the same words but they are part of who we are.

I don’t care how long they’ve claimed to be Christian.

You don’t have to have all your “P’s” and “Q’s” correct to be a Christian though we should study to show ourselves approved.
It’s as simple as that.

Shalom :)

Last edited:

walt

I have brothers and sisters in many countries, Jesus says "If you love one another" Would I be loving my brother If I went to war against my brother's country?

YoursTrue

I have brothers and sisters in many countries, Jesus says "If you love one another" Would I be loving my brother If I went to war against my brother's country?
And that principle, my friend, is what drew me to study the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses.

walt

Always be a little kinder than necessary - J.M. Barrie

I found this quote today, on this thread among many other quotes about kindness.

Muffled

Jesus in me
It's not only natural, it's 100% logical based on observation and plain old common sense-- things change over time, and that's clearly obvious.
I believe things change over time. In fact I am now more bald than I was at age 27 but that isn't evolution.

walt

The Sun stays at the perfect distance from the Earth and the Earth stays the perfect distance from the Sun, for all life to begin and continue to exist. Both never too close, both never too far away, to me this is a daily miracle, for our Huge Sun and our Planet to continue to do this very thing, everyday, since the beginning of human life, to me this is incredible!

The other planets in our solar system are either too close or too far away for human life to start or exist, our Earth is at the perfect distance.

Does someone have something, they would call a daily miracle?

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Always be a little kinder than necessary - J.M. Barrie

I found this quote today, on this thread among many other quotes about kindness.
The first counsel of Baha'u'llah is to be kind. I try to always keep that in mind as I go about my day.

1: O SON OF SPIRIT! My first counsel is this: Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart, that thine may be a sovereignty ancient, imperishable and everlasting.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The Sun stays at the perfect distance from the Earth and the Earth stays the perfect distance from the Sun, for all life to begin and continue to exist. Both never too close, both never too far away, to me this is a daily miracle, for our Huge Sun and our Planet to continue to do this very thing, everyday, since the beginning of human life, to me this is incredible!

The other planets in our solar system are either too close or too far away for human life to start or exist, our Earth is at the perfect distance.

Does someone have something, they would call a daily miracle?

“This is rather as if you imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in — an interesting hole I find myself in — fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!' This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise. I think this may be something we need to be on the watch out for.”​

― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt: Hitchhiking the Galaxy One Last Time