• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

servant1

I have known my friend @It Aint Necessarily So for about seven years from this forum and I do not think that he stands in opposition to God's will and his son. He simply does not believe in God or that God has a son.
There are 2 kinds of people on earth in Gods view= the righteous( sheep) and the wicked( goats)--The righteous live to do Gods will( Matt 7:21) over self, thus they believe in God.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Was it Designed?

The Earth's magnetic field:
Our protective blanket helps shield us from unruly space weather.
Without the magnetic field, life on Earth as we know it would not be possible as it shields us all from the constant bombardment by charged particles emitted from the sun — the solar wind.

Why is the ozone layer important?
The ozone layer absorbs 97% to 99% of the sun’s incoming ultraviolet radiation (UV-B).

This is fundamental to protecting life on Earth’s surface from exposure to harmful levels of this radiation, which can damage and disrupt DNA.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Was it Designed?

The Earth's magnetic field:
Our protective blanket helps shield us from unruly space weather.
Without the magnetic field, life on Earth as we know it would not be possible as it shields us all from the constant bombardment by charged particles emitted from the sun — the solar wind.

Why is the ozone layer important?
The ozone layer absorbs 97% to 99% of the sun’s incoming ultraviolet radiation (UV-B).

This is fundamental to protecting life on Earth’s surface from exposure to harmful levels of this radiation, which can damage and disrupt DNA.
Post #3699

You keep presenting That which is thoroughly refuted with the quote in post #3699

McBell

Admiral Obvious
In my opinion, there are other Abrahamic theists on this forum who seem to believe that they too speak for God.

Ironically, they often contradict one another and relentlessly bicker about what they believe the Bible actually says.
I once, a long long time ago, had as my signature:

I would rather be with one hypocrite, myself, than in a group of hypocrites arguing over whose hypocrisy is sanctioned by God​

McBell

Admiral Obvious
On RF people keep presenting comments they feel are true. It requires intelligence to write on paper 1 2 3
Yes, you are free to present whatever you like.
As am I.

If you are satisfied with such a weak position, by all means go with it.

Luke 10:21.

So “spiritual discernment”, ie., accurate understanding, comes from Yahweh, Jesus’ Father. -Luke 10:21

And Yahweh requires exclusive devotion. In most Bibles, Exodus 20:1-5 says He’s a jealous God.

So if people are including Jesus as their God (or doing other things the Bible condemns), which includes the vast majority of Christendom, they won’t be given accurate understanding.

I don’t care how long they’ve claimed to be Christian.

It’s as simple as that.
There's something about forgiveness that rings a bell in relation to what we say about the son of man in contrast to the spirit of truth, the holy one.

Matthew 12:26-32

I'm suggesting that true navigation of life requires and honest and truthful spirit. To navigate in error is an error in navigation, so to get to where we need to be, we should keep it real and honor God in spirit and truth.

Last edited:

walt

Yes, you are free to present whatever you like.
As am I.

If you are satisfied with such a weak position, by all means go with it.
I am very thankful for each and every thing my creator has done. According to current estimates, the average human body contains around 30 trillion cells.

For you that may be weak, but for me that is very strong! It requires intelligence to write a single number on a piece of paper, I would think it requires intelligence to make a living cell.

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
There's something about forgiveness that rings a bell in relation to what we say about the son of man in contrast to the spirit of truth, the holy one.

Matthew 12:26-32

I'm suggesting that true navigation of life requires and honest and truthful spirit. To navigate in error is an error in navigation, so to get to where we need to be, we should keep it real and honor God in spirit and truth.
Hello.

My post was about “gaining understanding”, not about being forgiven.

but since you brought it up: does forgiveness come automatically from God, if there is no repentance on the part of the offender?

For example, God condemns sexual immorality, ie., sex outside of marriage.
If a person knows such behavior is wrong yet continues doing that, will he be forgiven?

What do you think?

Another question is, what if a person doesn’t know such behavior is wrong?
What happens to him, then?

Hello.

My post was about “gaining understanding”, not being forgiven.

but since you brought it up: does forgiveness come automatically from God, if there is no repentance on the part of the offender?

For example, God condemns sexual immorality, ie., sex outside of marriage.
If a person knows such behavior is wrong yet continues doing that, will he be forgiven?

What do you think?

Another question is, what if a person doesn’t know such behavior is wrong?
What happens to him, then?

A truthful and honest spirit is a valuable asset. So much changes in life, even our own understanding requires repentance sometimes. As a Christian, I am obligated to truth, but truth is also subjective in nature. This equates to a personal relationship with God and how we relate to that relationship as individuals. We all fall short, so it is expected that we are required to repent from time to time, if only to remain in truth with an honest and truthful spirit.

Allowing ourselves this freedom, enables many things, some of which include love, joy, peace, patience, temperance, and self control. It's like our work out with God as God disciplines and develops us into what we are to become. This is a Hebrews 12 reference. 2 Timothy is correct in that the scriptures are good for instruction, so I tend to take what I read to heart and at least attempt to discern the text and associated implications being made. I fall short of an understanding often enough to acknowledge a need, which amounts to this type of attitude: When I understand it, I'll understand it, and until then I'm called to separate truth from error the best I am able, so I allow myself to walk in the truth I understand to be true.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
A truthful and honest spirit is a valuable asset. So much changes in life, even our own understanding requires repentance sometimes. As a Christian, I am obligated to truth, but truth is also subjective in nature. This equates to a personal relationship with God and how we relate to that relationship as individuals. We all fall short, so it is expected that we are required to repent from time to time, if only to remain in truth with an honest and truthful spirit.

Allowing ourselves this freedom, enables many things, some of which include love, joy, peace, patience, temperance, and self control. It's like our work out with God as God disciplines and develops us into what we are to become. This is a Hebrews 12 reference. 2 Timothy is correct in that the scriptures are good for instruction, so I tend to take what I read to heart and at least attempt to discern the text and associated implications being made. I fall short of an understanding often enough to acknowledge a need, which amounts to this type of attitude: When I understand it, I'll understand it, and until then I'm called to separate truth from error the best I am able, so I allow myself to walk in the truth I understand to be true.
You know you didn’t answer my questions, right?

But that’s fine ….
Have a good day, my cousin.

You know you didn’t answer my questions, right?

But that’s fine ….
Have a good day, my cousin.

I think it's better to have never known truth, than to turn oneself away from truth after knowing it to be true. This does not suggest that the truth dynamic does not shift and alter, requiring a change or repentance of our own understanding. A word of truth is active and sharper than any two edged sword. Hebrews 4 or 12 (I think). The scriptures state something to this effect, anyway.

You do the same.

Last edited:

walt

Oxygen is heavier than air, is this by Design?

The average molecular weight of air is around 29.
Oxygen is slightly heavier than air - 32.
The molecular weight of water vapor (H2O) is 18 grams per mole. - Cloud Formation.

The molecular weights are: Oxygen (O2) - 32, Carbon Dioxide (CO2) - 44, and Nitrogen (N2) - 28.

( Helium is the molecular weight of Approx. 2 ) We don't need large amounts of helium. Due to its low density, helium readily escapes into outer space, making it a trace element in our atmosphere.

Oxygen is heavier than air, is this by Design?

The average molecular weight of air is around 29.
Oxygen is slightly heavier than air - 32.
The molecular weight of water vapor (H2O) is 18 grams per mole. - Cloud Formation.

The molecular weights are: Oxygen (O2) - 32, Carbon Dioxide (CO2) - 44, and Nitrogen (N2) - 28.

( Helium is the molecular weight of Approx. 2 ) We don't need large amounts of helium. Due to its low density, helium readily escapes into outer space, making it a trace element in our atmosphere.

I remember my younger years when we combined three separate liqueurs, layering them according to density, and doing shots at the lake. Same principle, and it makes me wonder how long it might take for that trace helium among other elements in the cosmos floating around the ethers to separate and gather into their own respective elements of same and/or similar densities.