• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Did I say that I wanted to talk about it?
You don't have to say it. Your answers say it. But thanks anyway for saying you don't care what the Bible says -- and that you don't think Jesus is God -- and that you also make up scriptures. Thanks. Have a good one...

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So why did you post the following:
"Ecc 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
Ecc 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the soul shall return unto God who gave it."

Where did you get any translation other than that from your own mind that says "the soul shall return unto God who gave it"? Realizing you also said you don't care what the Bible says, I do wonder why you say now that you do not think that God's spirit/breath of life = soul when you deliberately gave your own uneducated translation of Ecc 12:7 as well as saying you don't care what the Bible says anyway.
Forget what I said. My beliefs are based upon the Baha'i Writings which say that the soul is the human spirit.

Let's talk about what you believe.

What do you believe "and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it" means?

What do YOU think is going to return to God?
What is the spirit that is going to return to God?

YoursTrue

Forget what I said. My beliefs are based upon the Baha'i Writings which say that the soul is the human spirit.

Let's talk about what you believe.

What do you believe "and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it" means?

What do YOU think is going to return to God?
What is the spirit that is going to return to God?
I believe you meant what you said about the Bible. You said you do not care what it says. You've said that in many ways and then you're making up scriptures. Anyway, have a good evening. Nothing else to discuss right now because you believe Bahaullah's sayings and then some people believe they can talk with dead persons. (Have a good evening...)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe you meant what you said about the Bible. You said you do not care what it says. You've said that in many ways and then you're making up scriptures. Anyway, have a good evening. Nothing else to discuss right now because you believe Bahaullah's sayings and then some people believe they can talk with dead persons. (Have a good evening...)
Why did you change the subject? Why couldn't you answer the questions that I asked you?

YoursTrue

I do not make up scriptures, I only interpret them.
You wrote Eccl 2:7 in two ways. You did not say the second one is your interpretation. Not one translator says it the way you said it in the second statement. Now you say you "only interpret" them. You already said you don't believe the Bible. And that you also do not believe Jesus is God. Thanks. take care.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33

G4151 πνεῦμα - Strong's Greek Lexicon Number​

This is the same exact Greek word that is used at Ecclesiastes 12:7, wind, breath, spirit. πνεῦμα

New King James Version
for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. -2nd Peter 1:21

YoursTrue

Why did you change the subject? Why couldn't you answer the questions that I asked you?
You said you don't care what the Bible says. There is no further point right now to discuss anything more with you about interpretation since you said you don't care what the Bible says. I believe you don't care. Nothing further to say. (Have a good one.)

YoursTrue

This is the same exact Greek word that is used at Ecclesiastes 12:7, wind, breath, spirit. πνεῦμα

New King James Version
for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. -2nd Peter 1:21
Indeed, Walt.

YoursTrue

New King James Version
Yes. indeed. wind-breath-spirit.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Okay super, I thought I heard that you know the Bible pretty good is that true?

Yes, it is.

I could post here some of the scriptures that help me understand? But I don't want to debate over each word.

It's like if I was asking you for the scriptures you feel are informative, I would look at each scripture, but I wouldn't pick apart each word.

I feel the words in the scripture explain the meaning and the interpretation of that one scripture.

I have no intention of analyzing every word or arguing with you on any scriptures you quote.

I'm simply trying to understand your personal beliefs about the Bible and the afterlife.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You said you don't care what the Bible says. There is no further point right now to discuss anything more with you about interpretation since you said you don't care what the Bible says. I believe you don't care. Nothing further to say. (Have a good one.)
Whether I care what the Bible says is completely irrelevant.
That is just your way of avoiding my questions since you have no answers.

YoursTrue

Yes, it is.

I have no intention of analyzing every word or arguing with you on any scriptures you quote.

I'm simply trying to understand your personal beliefs about the Bible and the afterlife.
The term afterlife is somehow clashing with itself. There is life. And then what? Life? After life? what's after life, more life? maybe you need to describe if you think there's life before, life during, and life after...

YoursTrue

Obviously it's not "completely irrelevant." Except for your belief. Since you don't care what the Bible says and will give your Bahai interpretation or something about "Hidden Words" regarding Son of Soul or maybe? you think soul/spirit, who knows? because you don't know. But then you talk about it. Son of Spirit, why not Son of Soul since now you start talking about Hidden Words. there is nothing to discuss based on your own words.If you want to find out more, I suggest you pray for help.
Now if you care what the Bible says, that's another perspective. But since you said you don't care and constantly shift to something like hidden words, it's like discussing any other subject. If a person doesn't care what another says, then there really is no discussion. And so on this point I bid you adieu. In more ways than simply saying so long...English translation usually. :)

YoursTrue

No, it's not "completely irrelevant."
Another wild accusation. :) Once again, take care. I guess you don't get it. Don't understand. Enjoy and no problem have a good one. No use discussing the Bible with you since you don't care what it says.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

I think it's understandable that the Bible isn't relevant to you since it isn't your holy book. It isn't relevant to me either.

I didn't see your questions answered.

YoursTrue

I think it's understandable that the Bible isn't relevant to you since it isn't your holy book. It isn't relevant to me either.
Right. So no use discussing anything in contrast to your beliefs. Whether you both believe in life before life, what is life after life, or what death is, or anything else. Take care. Maybe @Trailblazer can talk with the dead also. Or livedeadafterlife people. Maybe she doesn't care --