• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
In response to all of the snarky remarks (both direct and indirect) about me talking with the dead, which have occurred both in this thread and recently in another completely unrelated one, I've decided to re-post what I previously wrote in this thread (post #3,499). Once again, I feel it is vital for me to speak out against the rude and sarcastic behavior directed at me (and others) by someone who publicly claims to follow Jesus Christ. I think that's a real shame.

Some people in this thread appear to be under the impression that I care about what they think of my mediumship. It appears they are either unaware of what I've already said on this subject, have forgotten it, or are deliberately ignoring it. Therefore, I thought it necessary to reiterate my previous statements about this dilemma in order to make it abundantly clear that it makes no difference to me what others think of my mediumship, my years of experience as a medium and seasoned paranormal investigator, or my beliefs as a spiritualist, Wiccan, and Druid. I will further explain why it makes no difference to me.

First, I am not responsible, either directly or indirectly, to convince others that my mediumship and my lifelong experiences with it are real. It is also not my responsibility to convince others that the paranormal is real (e.g., ghosts, hauntings, crytids, and UFOs). Second, I mean no offense when I say this, but it doesn't matter to me if some people choose not to believe that my personal experiences as a medium are real or that the paranormal in general is real.

It doesn't matter to me, because their skepticism doesn't negate my lifelong experiences with encountering spirits. The fact is, other genuine mediums, people I've given readings to, and other paranormal investigators who have recorded some of my interactions with spirits have validated my experiences as a medium (for a more detailed explanation, see my previous post here). Therefore, I have no interest in debating the paranormal or convincing others that it is real. I've never once tried to persuade any skeptics that I converse with online or in person to believe in the paranormal, and I don't intend to start now. I just let it happen naturally. Third, no amount of preaching by Christians quoting a few scriptures and stating their religious beliefs about spirits, or the continued efforts to lecture me or others, will ever convince me that the earthbound human spirits with whom I interact and communicate are demons.

I no longer believe in such things (as I explained in my previous post here). Furthermore, I'd like to make it abundantly clear that any Christian (no matter their church affiliation) will never convince me that their church's doctrines and its interpretation of the Bible regarding the afterlife are absolutely correct. I've read the Bible cover to cover and studied it many times, so I am well versed in it. As a result, I believe that its depictions of the afterlife are not only inaccurate and misleading, but that the Bible is also chock full of contradictions, and that the stories about Jesus are either based on hearsay, embellished tales, or copied and adapted from Greek mythology and other ancient pagan religions that predate both the Bible and Christianity. Finally, I've stated in numerous other threads that I don't share my lifelong experiences in an attempt to persuade others to believe in the paranormal. As far as I'm concerned, it's entirely up to those who read my posts to decide whether they believe me or not. So, I've made my peace on this matter, and I'm not going to repeat myself or debate with anyone about what I've written in this post. If others disagree with what I've said in this post, then it's their personal issue, not mine.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
In response to all of the snarky remarks (both direct and indirect) about me talking with the dead, which have occurred both in this thread and recently in another completely unrelated one, I've decided to re-post what I previously wrote in this thread (post #3,499). Once again, I feel it is vital for me to speak out against the rude and sarcastic behavior directed at me (and others) by someone who publicly claims to follow Jesus Christ. I think that's a real shame.

Some people in this thread appear to be under the impression that I care about what they think of my mediumship. It appears they are either unaware of what I've already said on this subject, have forgotten it, or are deliberately ignoring it. Therefore, I thought it necessary to reiterate my previous statements about this dilemma in order to make it abundantly clear that it makes no difference to me what others think of my mediumship, my years of experience as a medium and seasoned paranormal investigator, or my beliefs as a spiritualist, Wiccan, and Druid. I will further explain why it makes no difference to me.

First, I am not responsible, either directly or indirectly, to convince others that my mediumship and my lifelong experiences with it are real. It is also not my responsibility to convince others that the paranormal is real (e.g., ghosts, hauntings, crytids, and UFOs). Second, I mean no offense when I say this, but it doesn't matter to me if some people choose not to believe that my personal experiences as a medium are real or that the paranormal in general is real.

It doesn't matter to me, because their skepticism doesn't negate my lifelong experiences with encountering spirits. The fact is, other genuine mediums, people I've given readings to, and other paranormal investigators who have recorded some of my interactions with spirits have validated my experiences as a medium (for a more detailed explanation, see my previous post here). Therefore, I have no interest in debating the paranormal or convincing others that it is real. I've never once tried to persuade any skeptics that I converse with online or in person to believe in the paranormal, and I don't intend to start now. I just let it happen naturally. Third, no amount of preaching by Christians quoting a few scriptures and stating their religious beliefs about spirits, or the continued efforts to lecture me or others, will ever convince me that the earthbound human spirits with whom I interact and communicate are demons.

I no longer believe in such things (as I explained in my previous post here). Furthermore, I'd like to make it abundantly clear that any Christian (no matter their church affiliation) will never convince me that their church's doctrines and its interpretation of the Bible regarding the afterlife are absolutely correct. I've read the Bible cover to cover and studied it many times, so I am well versed in it. As a result, I believe that its depictions of the afterlife are not only inaccurate and misleading, but that the Bible is also chock full of contradictions, and that the stories about Jesus are either based on hearsay, embellished tales, or copied and adapted from Greek mythology and other ancient pagan religions that predate both the Bible and Christianity. Finally, I've stated in numerous other threads that I don't share my lifelong experiences in an attempt to persuade others to believe in the paranormal. As far as I'm concerned, it's entirely up to those who read my posts to decide whether they believe me or not. So, I've made my peace on this matter, and I'm not going to repeat myself or debate with anyone about what I've written in this post. If others disagree with what I've said in this post, then it's their personal issue, not mine.
I cannot say which sect might believe if any or all of their viewpoints about scripture are unalterable, or incorrect or correct beyond doubt. I wonder if you believe there is a God or if you just believe in spirits that exist as dead persons that are alive somehow somewhere? I hope you do not interpret this as a snarky comment and will answer if you will, thank you.

YoursTrue

No, that is not what it is for.

You can try to prove any points you want to with scripture but that is not what you did.

Who stopped you from doing that? Nobody.
Do you care what the Bible says? You said you didn't, so in a conversation about something like that it's a reasonable question.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Do you derive some pleasure in continually making fun of people on a public forum?
Is this how Jesus taught you to behave? I don't think so.

Matthew 7 KJV
Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

According to the Bible:

Christians are to love their neighbor as themselves, love their enemies, do good to their enemies, pray for their enemies, turn the other cheek, go the extra mile, treat others the way they want to be treated, be ambassadors for Christ, to always be prepared to give a gentle and respectful answer to anyone who asks them about the hope they have in them, and to let their light so shine before that they will see their good works and glorify their father in heaven. In my experience with Christians over the years, these commands are frequently ignored by them, despite their public proclamation of following Jesus Christ.

YoursTrue

According to the Bible:

Christians are to love their neighbor as themselves, love their enemies, do good to their enemies, pray for their enemies, turn the other cheek, go the extra mile, treat others the way they want to be treated, be ambassadors for Christ, to always be prepared to give a gentle and respectful answer to anyone who asks them about the hope they have in them, and to let their light so shine before that they will see their good works and glorify their father in heaven. In my experience with Christians over the years, these commands are frequently ignored by them, despite their public proclamation of following Jesus Christ.

Recognizing that neither of you believe in the Bible but in different ways of not believing.
Families sometimes separate and emigrate to other countries. Once a war starts it could be family members killing their own at the order of the warfaring nations. Or members of the same churches killing members of those churches in a national war.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Do you care what the Bible says? You said you didn't, so in a conversation about something like that it's a reasonable question.
Care in what sense?

1. to have concern for or interest in:
It's a privilege to stand in the presence of so many people who care about building a better Canada.
They don't care about the privacy of the people who use their services.

2. to have affection for; love:
One of my greatest joys in life is cooking for those I care about.

I care in that I have concern for or interest in the Bible, mainly because so many people believe in it, but I do not care in the sense that I have affection or love for the Bible.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
(Deuteronomy 18:9-14) (Leviticus 20:27) (Ecclesiastes 9:5) (Exodus 22:18) (Leviticus 19:31, 20:6) (Revelation 21:8) (1 Samuel 28:7, 28:3)
(1 Chronicles 10:13-14)

YoursTrue

Sure. However attacking the person who made the post is not. If you don't know the difference then you need to learn.
Well, if someone says he doesn't care what you say, I guess that's why people make decisions. :) so take care. be well. and have a happy.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Sorry I am a scripture guy..

I let Jesus and the Apostles do all the talking, explaining and debating. I feel Jesus and the Apostles words are so much more important than anything I could say. :sparklingheart: Thanks for your understanding, patience and kindness.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
maybe the unseen force exercised by God in harmony with His will? Almost like Jesus said and I paraphrase -- the wind blows this way and that way.
Hmm. Interesting theology.

From my PoV the problem is to pinpoint any real examples of such an 'unseen force'.