• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Is this going anywhere? Whatever you are trying to accomplish, You win I lose.
I was not trying to accomplish anything except to point out that you did not show me what I asked you to show me.
You showed me something else I had said.

You said in post # 4072: Why do you pick apart everybody's words? Especially when you don't even believe the Holy Bible is true?
I said in post # 4079: Please show me where I said that I don't believe the Holy Bible is true.

Then in post # 4086 you said that I said: I do not care what the Bible says because I am not a Christian.
So you did not show me where I said that I don't believe the Holy Bible is true.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
I was not trying to accomplish anything except to point out that you did not show me what I asked you to show me.

You said in post # 4072: Why do you pick apart everybody's words? Especially when you don't even believe the Holy Bible is true?
I said in post # 4079: Please show me where I said that I don't believe the Holy Bible is true.

Then in post # 4086 you said that I said: I do not care what the Bible says because I am not a Christian.
So you did not show me where I said that I don't believe the Holy Bible is true.
ok

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
A person does not have to CARE what the Bible says in order to debate about what the Bible says.
They might just be debating about what the Bible says because they DON'T CARE what the Bible says.

Just more personal attacks. Not surprising as the thread was created as a personal attack against someone who dares to be Christian and agree with evolution.

walt

I accept all of your holy scriptures as truthful to you, Its words support all your beliefs. I don't question one word. These words give you hope and peace of mind. :sparklingheart:

My Bible gives me hope and peace of mind. :twohearts:

I don't attack the words in your scriptures, so why do you have to attack the words in my scriptures?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Just more personal attacks. Not surprising as the thread was created as a personal attack against someone who dares to be Christian and agree with evolution.

That's not to mention the subtle snarky remarks in this thread and in others that have absolutely nothing to do with this thread's topic.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Whether you realize it or not, I got the answer to the question I was wondering about. Do debate; don't debate, -- whatever --

walt

So you did not show me where I said that I don't believe the Holy Bible is true.Ia
Is that what this debate forum is for? You get to list all your holy scriptures to prove your belief is true.

And when I mention one scripture, that opens up a big debate, so what happens? I don't even get to prove one point let alone two or three.

You don't even let me use one scripture as a reference for my beliefs.

YoursTrue

Is that what this debate forum is for? You get to list all your holy scriptures to prove your belief is true.

And when I mention one scripture, that opens up a big debate, so what happens? I don't even get to prove one point let alone two or three.

It's one side against other sides. Doesn't matter if someone talks to the dead, that's all ok for many. As long as they're on the same side. I'm not a betting person, but if I were, I'd bet that someone will say, what side are you talking about? :) :) Be that as it may I look forward to the future.

walt

It's one side against other sides. Doesn't matter if someone talks to the dead, that's all ok for many. As long as they're on the same side. I'm not a betting person, but if I were, I'd bet that someone will say, what side are you talking about? :) :) Be that as it may I look forward to the future.
I look forward to the future also.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And the righteous ones inherit the Earth and dwell upon it for eternity. Psalm 37:29

Berean Literal Bible
But according to His promise, we are awaiting new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells. 2nd Peter 3:13

New King James Version
Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth. Matthew 5:5, Psalm 37:11

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
A person does not have to CARE what the Bible says in order to debate about what the Bible says.
They might just be debating about what the Bible says because they DON'T CARE what the Bible says.

Personally, I like debating about the Bible. I studied it and Christian theology for many years, so I'm very well-versed in both. One advantage I have as a former evangelist and street preacher is that I can always counteract the Christians who either try to proselytize and preach at me or to others publicly.

Given my extensive background as an evangelist and street preacher, I can successfully counteract them. Of course, I don't heckle them, but I will ask them specific questions that will lead into a more in-depth discussion of the Bible and Christian theology. To be honest, it amazes me how many of these street preaching Christians don't have a comprehensive understanding of either one. Like many JWs I've met over the years, their understanding of the Bible is restricted to their church's doctrines and their personal biblical interpretation, or their church's interpretation. It doesn't take long for me to recognize this.

walt

Personally, I like debating about the Bible.
Do you have 10 scriptures to explain the details of your belief?

Can you use the words in this scriptures alone to explain your beliefs?

Or do you like the debates just for the sake of debating?

YoursTrue

The rûaḥ (often transliterated as ruach and various other ways) in the Tanakh is, I gather, the 'spirit' of God, not as a distinct entity ─ though after the adoption of the Trinity doctrine the Christian 'Holy Ghost' became such ─ but simply a manifestation of God [him]self
maybe the unseen force exercised by God in harmony with His will? Almost like Jesus said and I paraphrase -- the wind blows this way and that way.

YoursTrue

It's a debate forum!!!!!!!!!!!!! The point is to debate. If you don't want to debate go to a non debate sub forum. I have offered twice to show you how to join them but you didn't respond.
Isn't someone allowed according to you to make a comment and then ask for a reasonable on subject response?

YoursTrue

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No, that is not what it is for.
You can try to prove any points you want to with scripture but that is not what you did.
Who stopped you from doing that? Nobody.