• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That’s like asking… “If the prices of eggs in China are $8 a dozen, is it a crime to have a pen?

WOW! Do you have to be an atheist to come up with these hairball ideas? Or is one born that way? And you want me to understand logic? :facepalm:
This is not honorable behavior on your part. I guess that you do not want to know how you keep claiming that your God is a liar. By the way, you do not know how to use the face palm emoji properly either. Unless that was a self own. That was a post that was incredibly without one iota of rational thought.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I'd think that a pastor would know better than to post sarcastic remarks like these and would want to set a better example for others to follow.
Sometimes you have to overturn the tables. I found it quite appropriate.
This sounds like faux piety to me. Perhaps you should concentrate more on loving your neighbor (in this case, @Subduction Zone) as yourself and treating him the way you'd like for him to treat you. I think it's sad that a pastor has to be reminded of these basic biblical teachings, whether online or in person.

That gives me pause to think… Thank you.

PS… We are all human. Even the apostles messed up.

Last edited:

Sometimes the person you’re talking is entitled to an honest and straightforward answer, it is loving and respectful, don’t see any lack of love in answering a person according to their comments.
A lack of love would be ignoring them, leaving them in their folly.
Seems people can blaspheme, slander, misrepresent God and believers and then cry about it when confronted on their folly. IMHO

As @Sgt. Pepper pointed out, and very well, I might say… you are absolutely correct.

My humble and heartfelt apologies. I will have a 180 degree turn around.
Brother, This Word I have for you, thinking about your humility and character:

”For all those things My hand has made, And all those things exist,” Says the Lord. “But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at My word.“
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭66‬:‭2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Kenny

Premium Member
Sometimes the person you’re talking is entitled to an honest and straightforward answer, it is loving and respectful, don’t see any lack of love in answering a person according to their comments.
A lack of love would be ignoring them, leaving them in their folly.
Seems people can blaspheme, slander, misrepresent God and believers and then cry about it when confronted on their folly. IMHO
I could have corrected it differently. But thank you.

Kenny

Premium Member
Brother, This Word I have for you, thinking about your humility and character:

”For all those things My hand has made, And all those things exist,” Says the Lord. “But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at My word.“
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭66‬:‭2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Thank you!

May you be filled this day with Him and the blessing that is commanded towards you!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And the usual hypocritical nonsense on yours.
How so? Or are you just looking for an excuse to attack. He wanted to understand how he was calling his God a liar. Or at least he claimed that he did. When on claims to want something and then tries to sabotage the discussion that is not following the spirit of the conversation. It is not being honest.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As @Sgt. Pepper pointed out, and very well, I might say… you are absolutely correct.

My humble and heartfelt apologies. I will have a 180 degree turn around.
I hope that you are being serious. You asked me to discuss this with you and then you made those recent posts. Would you like to get back to the conversation? I was leading to a point.

I hope that you are being serious. You asked me to discuss this with you and then you made those recent posts. Would you like to get back to the conversation? I was leading to a point.
Your points are unclear and it may be because we aren’t having a face to face conversation in person so things get taken the wrong way on here.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your points are unclear and it may be because we aren’t having a face to face conversation in person so things get taken the wrong way on here.
The point was a work in progress. We were not there yet.

But let me ask a variation on the same question: If a friend of yours did something, it does not really matter what, and then planted false evidence to cover up that act would that be a form of lying?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

We will have to agree to disagree on whether or not your response was appropriate. During the years when I was a Christian, I dealt with my fair share of people who challenged my beliefs and even rudely heckled me while I was street preaching or evangelizing elsewhere. I turned the other cheek and never retaliated against them. In fact, my patience and kindness towards some of these people (including the hecklers) led them to convert to Christianity (i.e., see my posts below). I realized that it wasn't my place to "overturn the tables," but rather to be calm in the midst of a raging storm of division and strife.

Good, then when you claim that the stories in Genesis are literally true you are also calling God a liar.

Now would you like to learn how you are doing that?
That’s your opinion that is based on your form of testing. Like I said that I believe the stories in Genesis that you consider a myth. I think it’s you that is calling God a liar saying they are a myth.
We can go back and forth for years until we come face to face before God. At that time we will see what comes of all this.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Good, then when you claim that the stories in Genesis are literally true you are also calling God a liar.

In response to your statement, I'd like to repost what I wrote on this topic in another thread.

I believe the theory of evolution is a more reasonable explanation for the origin of mankind than believing that a god created a man from dirt, breathed air into him and made him alive, created a woman from this man's rib, and that a talking serpent cunningly deceived both the man and the woman into disobeying the god by taking a bite of a forbidden fruit from a magical tree of life, or that the rest of mankind is supposedly descended from these two individuals. In comparison to these stories, believing that human beings evolved from an ancient primate ancestor doesn't seem so unreasonable to me.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That’s your opinion that is based on your form of testing. Like I said that I believe the stories in Genesis that you consider a myth. I think it’s you that is calling God a liar saying they are a myth.
We can go back and forth for years until we come face to face before God. At that time we will see what comes of all this.
No, it is not "just an opinion". Why would you make a false claim like that about others. You may have just an opinion, but people that understand evolution can show you why it is a fact.

You may think that it is calling God a liar to point out that the myths in Genesis are myths but that is only because you abuse your own Bible. You cannot properly support that claim. I can show you how we know those stories to be myths. Or morality tales if you prefer. We know that they did not happen. Here is an undisputable fact: All of the scientific evidence tells us that those myths never happened.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
In response to your statement, I'd like to repost what I wrote on this topic in another thread.

I believe the theory of evolution is a more reasonable explanation for the origin of mankind than believing that a god created a man from dirt, breathed air into him and made him alive, created a woman from this man's rib, and that a talking serpent cunningly deceived both the man and the woman into disobeying the god by taking a bite of a forbidden fruit from a magical tree of life, or that the rest of mankind is supposedly descended from these two individuals. In comparison to these stories, believing that human beings evolved from an ancient primate ancestor doesn't seem so unreasonable to me.

Feel free. I know of countless Christians that accept evolution. That Genesis is a myth does not mean that Christianity is wrong. It is rather amazing that creationists can never seem to understand that.