• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

McBell

Admiral Obvious
What you say is a myth is what I call supernatural events by a supernatural, all powerful God who has the ability to create things by speaking them into existence. The Flood was a supernatural event, the Resurrection was a supernatural event.
I know this God because whether you believe it or not He supernaturally delivered and changed me, continues to supernaturally provide for me.
You do understand that you are merely advocating an "anything goes" approach, right?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is evidence but you dismiss it because you don’t like the source and only accept yours because it fits for you at the moment.
No, you really should not make false claims about others. You probably do not have evidence. Many people do not understand the concept. Tell me your one best piece of evidence. If I reject I will explain to you why it is not evidence.

You do understand that you are merely advocating an "anything goes" approach, right?
Well that’s what I’m finding with how “science” works. You have believers like creation research and you have another group of scientists who try figure out and reproduce events from thousands of years ago. We have a hard time proving things from 500 years ago or even last week, was that photo shopped or real? Consider this:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Well that’s what I’m finding with how “science” works. You have believers like creation research and you have another group of scientists who try figure out and reproduce events from thousands of years ago. We have a hard time proving things from 500 years ago or even last week, was that photo shopped or real? Consider this:
What you are advocating for is that me claiming that the photo is not photoshopped because it was god who took it is just as valid as any other claim presented.

Even the claim that it was god who photoshopped it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You really should not use a lying pseudoscience source. They exist only to dupe the ignorant.

You do not know how science works. If you did you would not link to a site where one has to swear that one will not follow the scientific method to work there.

Here is the thing. If one swears that one will not follow the scientific method one cannot claim to be a scientist. A scientist is one that follows the scientific method.

Tell me, can a person be a Christian if they deny that Jesus ever existed and do not follow what he taught?

What you are advocating for is that me claiming that the photo is not photoshopped because it was god who took it is just as valid as any other claim presented.

Even the claim that it was god who photoshopped it.
No that’s not at all what I meant by that, have you done the research and archeology yourself? Can you reproduce in a lab what happened in Noah’s day? Were you there or anyone else? Have you compiled all the possible evidence? Are you ruling out God in all that because you personally haven’t met him yourself?

You really should not use a lying pseudoscience source. They exist only to dupe the ignorant.

You do not know how science works. If you did you would not link to a site where one has to swear that one will not follow the scientific method to work there.

Here is the thing. If one swears that one will not follow the scientific method one cannot claim to be a scientist. A scientist is one that follows the scientific method.

Tell me, can a person be a Christian if they deny that Jesus ever existed and do not follow what he taught?
See what I mean, you didn’t even read it

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No that’s not at all what I meant by that, have you done the research and archeology yourself? Can you reproduce in a lab what happened in Noah’s day? Were you there or anyone else? Have you compiled all the possible evidence?
No need.
You have declared magic poofing as an acceptable explanation.
Therefore, nothing else really matters, now does it?
From here on out all I need do is say "GodDidIt" and that is the end of it.
I mean, if that is good enough for you then it is good enough for you, right?

I have absolutely no interest in a known proven Liar For Jesus source.
No need to talk then, science has no way to detect spiritual matters and is deaf and blind to that. I’m not spiritually deaf or blind so I can see and hear.
Sorry you can’t, so no sense talking to you about that.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No need to talk then, science has no way to detect spiritual matters and is deaf and blind to that. I’m not spiritually deaf or blind so I can see and hear.
Sorry you can’t, so no sense talking to you about that.
There was no further "need" for discussion with you once you declared that anything goes.
But you feel free to fly on home and claim victory.

No need.
You have declared magic poofing as an acceptable explanation.
Therefore, nothing else really matters, now does it?
From here on out all I need do is say "GodDidIt" and that is the end of it.
I mean, if that is good enough for you then it is good enough for you, right?
Well, He did author the Scriptures and a narrative of the past, prophecies of the future sent His Son Jesus Christ to prove everything He wrote beforehand, when Jesus left He empowered believers to carry out His mission to save humanity. He has told us the things to come and it’s all happening now in Israel just like He said it would. Why with all the evidence we’ve found so far about the Flood wouldn’t I believe that account and go for a man’s account who is anti-god just trying to disprove it? That would be a biased source.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Well, He did author the Scriptures and a narrative of the past, prophecies of the future sent His Son Jesus Christ to prove everything He wrote beforehand, when Jesus left He empowered believers to carry out His mission to save humanity. He has told us the things to come and it’s all happening now in Israel just like He said it would. Why with all the evidence we’ve found so far about the Flood wouldn’t I believe that account and go for a man’s account who is anti-god just trying to disprove it? That would be a biased source.
"GodDidIt"
See, enough said.

What I do not understand, in all honestly, is if "GodDidIt" is all you need, why are you still talking about it?
Makes a person wonder who it is you are trying to convince.

"GodDidIt"
See, enough said.

What I do not understand, in all honestly, is if "GodDidIt" is all you need, why are you still talking about it?
Makes a person wonder who it is you are trying to convince.
You did start the conversation, it is a debate forum and you did give a noble victory to me and I thanked you for that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
See what I mean, you didn’t even read it
I am very very familiar with them. If your next door neighbor has a kid that only tells lies would you give him any credibility when someone else believed him?

If I look at it will you promise to learn at least the basics of science? I will even tell you what they got wrong and why.

I am very very familiar with them. If your next door neighbor has a kid that only tells lies would you give him any credibility when someone else believed him?

If I look at it will you promise to learn at least the basics of science? I will even tell you what they got wrong and why.
Where is the lie in the article, you know I really don’t think people have a clue about much and speculate especially the scientific community.
How in the world could the Bible talk about Israel so much and all of their history come true right before our eyes just like the Bible says? A nation born in a day in 1948 after being scattered all over the place? That little piece of land that no one can take from them? Ok brother, Daniel’s vision of the nations from Babylon, to
Medes and Persians, The Greek, divided into 4 parts, then Rome, then the feet and toes of a confederacy of 10 nations with the anti-Christ rising from these 10 kicking out 3, a one world government and control so much that you won’t be able to buy or sell unless you have his mark. You don’t see that happening right before your eyes right now? I do and all just a coincidence?

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Where is the lie in the article, you know I really don’t think people have a clue about much and speculate especially the scientific community.
How in the world could the Bible talk about Israel so much and all of their history come true right before our eyes just like the Bible says? A nation born in a day in 1948 after being scattered all over the place? That little piece of land that no one can take from them? Ok brother, Daniel’s vision of the nations from Babylon, to
Medes and Persians, The Greek, divided into 4 parts, then Rome, then the feet and toes of a confederacy of 10 nations with the anti-Christ rising from these 10 kicking out 3, a one world government and control so much that you won’t be able to buy or sell unless you have his mark. You don’t see that happening right before your eyes right now? I do and all just a coincidence?
No, you first have to learn the basics of science. It won't take terribly long, I just want you to learn the scientific method and the concept of scientific evidence. We can go over your other arguments too. Let's begin. Here is a simplified flowchart of the scientific method. It is not the only one, but it is rather good because it hits all of the important points:
1704776087704.png

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I anticipated a response like this because it's typical for Christians to claim that they are led by the Holy Spirit while insisting that other Christians are not, despite their own claims to be so. Frankly, I see no reason to believe them or you, because I think you're just stating what you believe and want to be true.

What an interesting belief. I've met other Christians who believed the same about themselves, but upon further investigation, it was proven to be false.
There are things that are true but yet to be proved. Meaning they are prophecies. I believe faith is one of the gifts of the spirit from God. Faith is that which is not seen.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What you say is a myth is what I call supernatural events by a supernatural, all powerful God who has the ability to create things by speaking them into existence. The Flood was a supernatural event, the Resurrection was a supernatural event.
What objective test will distinguish a supernatural event from an imaginary event in the absence of objective evidence?