• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
See how you make false claims about others because you make false assumptions…

What false assumption did I make?
I believe I will receive an inheritance tomorrow, when tomorrow comes I and I receive the inheritance I don’t need to believe anymore because I have received my inheritance.
What you say is you only believe you received the inheritance.

No, okay I am not disputing that you believe what you believe, but in no way do I think that knowledge and the ability to reason is mine alone. You could reason properly too, if you could set aside your religious beliefs long enough.
Brother it’s in the bank and I’m using it.

Again, that appears to be just a belief. Are you too afraid to test it properly? I think that may be the case. I have seen many Christians afraid of falling back to their old ways that simply refuse to test their own beliefs.
You still don’t believe that, why? Because it hasn’t happened to you?
Sounds like you believe if a person thinks hard enough they can do miraculous things for themselves and that sounds like new age thinking.
No, I just accept reality. Perhaps it did begin when I realized that if God cannot lie then the stories of Genesis cannot be literally true. As a Christian I refused to call God a liar. You are right now keeping yourself willfully ignorant probably because that if you did not do that you would see that I am right. And finding that the Bible is built upon a foundation of sand will allow it to wash away once one begins to see the flaws in the Bible.

What false assumption did I make?

No, okay I am not disputing that you believe what you believe, but in no way do I think that knowledge and the ability to reason is mine alone. You could reason properly too, if you could set aside your religious beliefs long enough.

Again, that appears to be just a belief. Are you too afraid to test it properly? I think that may be the case. I have seen many Christians afraid of falling back to their old ways that simply refuse to test their own beliefs.

No, I just accept reality. Perhaps it did begin when I realized that if God cannot lie then the stories of Genesis cannot be literally true. As a Christian I refused to call God a liar. You are right now keeping yourself willfully ignorant probably because that if you did not do that you would see that I am right. And finding that the Bible is built upon a foundation of sand will allow it to wash away once one begins to see the flaws in the Bible.
You don’t seem to understand that I didn’t even have or read a Bible when God visited me in my room and delivered me. It wasn’t till after I was born again that I started reading and understanding the Bible. You’re badly mistaken

flowerpower

Which parts do you consider true? Please be specific.

A lot of the Old Testament stuff is actually regarded as historical sources that historians rely upon to further their understanding of Ancient Egypt.

Same can be said for some of the NT stuff and Ancient Rome.

I know that's not exactly specific but ancient historiography is often really hard to untangle and refine. Sacred texts can be helpful in doing so.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You don’t seem to understand that I didn’t even have or read a Bible when God visited me in my room and delivered me. It wasn’t till after I was born again that I started reading and understanding the Bible. You’re badly mistaken
You did not need to. You grew up in a Christian culture. You were imbued with what the Christian God would be like without exposure. After the fact one's memory is malleable enough to change to match the Bible. And none of this changes the fact that you never tested your beliefs properly. You have demonstrated that since the event you rely on confirmation bias rather than rational thought.

Why do you get upset when this fact is pointed out to you and explained to you? It does not mean that you are automatically wrong, it only means that you only have belief and not knowledge.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A lot of the Old Testament stuff is actually regarded as historical sources that historians rely upon to further their understanding of Ancient Egypt.

Same can be said for some of the NT stuff and Ancient Rome.

I know that's not exactly specific but ancient historiography is often really hard to untangle and refine. Sacred texts can be helpful in doing so.
Some of it may be. Exodus is not part of it. You may be using a logical fallacy here. Some parts of the Bible being right does not mean that all of it is right. We can find historical errors all through it. And again, some of it being wrong does not mean that all of it is wrong.

flowerpower

Some of it may be. Exodus is not part of it. You may be using a logical fallacy here. Some parts of the Bible being right does not mean that all of it is right. We can find historical errors all through it. And again, some of it being wrong does not mean that all of it is wrong.

Of course Exodus is a fairy tale. And of course the Bible is full of metaphors, allegories and things that were probably never intended to be taken literally.

I'm just saying that a lot of sacred texts are used as valid sources of verifiable historical information.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Of course Exodus is a fairy tale. And of course the Bible is full of metaphors, allegories and things that were probably never intended to be taken literally.

I'm just saying that a lot of sacred texts are used as valid sources of verifiable historical information.
I agree on that. But quite a few Christians here do not. Of course forums do not attract regular people. We are all a bit odd here. For Christians forums do tend to attract the more extreme Christians.

You did not need to. You grew up in a Christian culture. You were imbued with what the Christian God would be like without exposure. After the fact one's memory is malleable enough to change to match the Bible. And none of this changes the fact that you never tested your beliefs properly. You have demonstrated that since the event you rely on confirmation bias rather than rational thought.

Why do you get upset when this fact is pointed out to you and explained to you? It does not mean that you are automatically wrong, it only means that you only have belief and not knowledge.
Get out more brother, mix it up a little with the young generation coming up, they’re looking for and hungry for the spiritual things that you deny exist and finding it, some in the demonic, some finding the one true God.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Of course and made in your image as well, now we really getting to the root of things
Yours too. All gods are made in people images. That is why the God of the Old Testament was so evil at times. Morals were very poorly formed back then.

The morals of the FSM are far better than those of the Christian God.

Yours too. All gods are made in people images. That is why the God of the Old Testament was so evil at times. Morals were very poorly formed back then.

The morals of the FSM are far better than those of the Christian God.
Actually no you’re wrong, the cross is foolishness and makes no sense to the natural man, none of us would have thought about this and many other things and you’ve communicated that very thing by believing the Bible is full of myths.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Actually no you’re wrong, the cross is foolishness and makes no sense to the natural man, none of us would have thought about this and many other things and you’ve communicated that very thing by believing the Bible is full of myths.
I did not say anything of the cross. But yes, we know that the Bible is full of myths. But since you could not be serious and stay on topic I thought that I would quit being serious too.

Are you too afraid to carry on when it comes to the sciences?

I did not say anything of the cross. But yes, we know that the Bible is full of myths. But since you could not be serious and stay on topic I thought that I would quit being serious too.

Are you too afraid to carry on when it comes to the sciences?
The topic is by the way-‘if you consider yourself to be a Christian what do you consider to be true be specific:
So I consider the Cross - Jesus Christ God incarnate died, was buried and rose from the dead. I believed this to be true, repented of my former lifestyle and God did something inside of me I couldn’t explain except I could see and understand spiritual things and also the Bible made sense to me. So based on that first of many encounters with God I believe every part of the Bible narrative and also found God to be faithful to His promises. I’ve obtained many so far and know God for myself