• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The topic is by the way-‘if you consider yourself to be a Christian what do you consider to be true be specific:
So I consider the Cross - Jesus Christ God incarnate died, was buried and rose from the dead. I believed this to be true, repented of my former lifestyle and God did something inside of me I couldn’t explain except I could see and understand spiritual things and also the Bible made sense to me. So based on that first of many encounters with God I believe every part of the Bible narrative and also found God to be faithful to His promises. I’ve obtained many so far and know God for myself
And once again that sort of event is not unique to Christianity. As a result it cannot be evidence for Christianity.

And once again that sort of event is not unique to Christianity. As a result it cannot be evidence for Christianity.
Your comments have nothing to do with the post, you seem to be proselytizing something because you’re way off the mark on the original post.
Why don’t you just answer the question of the post ?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your comments have nothing to do with the post, you seem to be proselytizing something because you’re way off the mark on the original post.
Why don’t you just answer the question of the post ?
What question is that? I may have answered it a long time ago. If so I will answer it again.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Hey @YoursTrue , hope you’re well.

This thread has taken off, hasn’t it?

Many different responses….. very little agreement, but that’s to be expected….
More evidence for the existence of the Great Deceiver (Revelation 12:9), eh?

There are a great many more attacks to the Bible, than any other religious book; and a much higher percentage of disagreements between those in christendom, than within any other religion!

Since Jesus called Satan “the ruler of this world” (John 12:31), we should expect that spiritual truth would be a target, and that confusion — be it religious or secular — is everywhere.

Have you found any responses to this thread that agree with your view? Or any that you at least find interesting?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Hey @YoursTrue , hope you’re well.

This thread has taken off, hasn’t it?

Many different responses….. very little agreement, but that’s to be expected….
More evidence for the existence of the Great Deceiver (Revelation 12:9), eh?

There are a great many more attacks to the Bible, than any other religious book; and a much higher percentage of disagreements between those in christendom, than within any other religion!

Since Jesus called Satan “the ruler of this world” (John 12:31), we should expect that spiritual truth would be a target, and that confusion — be it religious or secular — is everywhere.

Have you found any responses to this thread that agree with your view? Or any that you at least find interesting?
It's interesting in a way. There are many different viewpoints. I've met some people lately in real life that are interested in the Bible and its message. God reads the heart.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
It's interesting in a way. There are many different viewpoints. I've met some people lately in real life that are interested in the Bible and its message. God reads the heart.
Yes, me too, lately.

It is nice when some we meet are willing to take some time to learn about what the Bible really teaches us…. I think more & more people are getting disillusioned with this System, frustrated with the lack of answers, and scared from what trends they notice is happening in our global society!

YoursTrue

Yes, me too, lately.

It is nice when some we meet are willing to take some time to learn about what the Bible really teaches us…. I think more & more people are getting disillusioned with this System, frustrated with the lack of answers, and scared from what trends they notice is happening in our global society!
Yes. Many I meet are realizing things are getting worse in a certain sense in the world. Crime is rampant. I believe we can see from situations in the world that Bible prophecy is being fulfilled. For someone to poo poo the situation by saying things are not so bad while there is sickness, death, injustice around us is callous indeed. And selfish.

Last edited:
Yes. Many I meet are realizing things are getting worse in a certain sense in the world. Crime is rampant. I believe we can see from situations in the world that Bible prophecy is being fulfilled. For someone to poo poo the situation by saying things are not so bad while there is sickness, death, injustice around us is callous indeed. And selfish.
I’m finding a lot of people sick of being stuck going through the motions and hungry for the presence of God.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
"Crime is rampant.". Unless, of course, one checks the statistics.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

I think you are correct because the savior story about Jesus isn't the first of its kind. Personally, I don't believe that it's any more credible than the archaic myths from which it was seemingly copied and adapted. In fact, savior stories were common lore in Greek mythology and other ancient pagan religions. I was genuinely surprised at just how common it was when I studied Jesus in comparative mythology. I further explained my viewpoint in the following post.

YoursTrue

I’m finding a lot of people sick of being stuck going through the motions and hungry for the presence of God.
Then you have a lot of people who don't believe in God. Or who believe there is hellfire waiting for the "unsaved..."

YoursTrue

I don't believe from the Bible that Jesus is God equal to two other persons called God. But I do believe in Jesus. And God. And the holy Spirit of God. They are not three persons in one.

YoursTrue

I think you are correct because the savior story about Jesus isn't the first of its kind. Personally, I don't believe that it's any more credible than the archaic myths from which it was seemingly copied and adapted. In fact, savior stories were common lore in Greek mythology and other ancient pagan religions. I was genuinely surprised at just how common it was when I studied Jesus in comparative mythology. I further explained my viewpoint in the following post.

I do believe it's "more credible" than other stories. I also believe there are living spirits who pretend to be dead persons who speak to the living.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I do believe it's "more credible" than other stories. I also believe there are living spirits who pretend to be dead persons who speak to the living.

You're entitled to believe whatever you want, YoursTrue. It makes absolutely no difference to me.