• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There are no basics to explain abiogenesis...yet. to say that tiktaalik proves (yes,I know many don't like the word prove in this type of context, but that's how it's really used) the theory that fish eventually became landdwellers and possibly mammals and humans is not truly substantiated as far as I am concerned. As far as you are concerned, that's obviously your option to believe it.
One does not have to believe if one knows. You should try to learn the basics of science, yet you run away from the idea. You could quickly see for yourself in many cases if something was evidence for evolution or not.

Wow. That site is full of misinformation and distortion. It gets the history and the motivations *completely* wrong. For example, the discovery that evolution occurred has NOTHING to do with ancient paganism!
The interpretation of evolution has everything to do with ancient paganism and from people in rebellion against God. IMO
It’s the interpretation of the science that’s the problem, personally I don’t care what science you trust or not. The point I was making is not the ICR but what I wrote.
I should’ve posted the science where they photoshopped pictures and the other changes made over the years to make my point, which was that in the end the narrative of the Bible will be shown to have been correct, this is of course my belief and why would I even have to say that, IMO???

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
The interpretation of evolution has everything to do with ancient paganism and from people in rebellion against God. IMO
Too bad that the actual history of the subject contradicts your views.
It’s the interpretation of the science that’s the problem, personally I don’t care what science you trust or not. The point I was making is not the ICR but what I wrote.
I should’ve posted the science where they photoshopped pictures and the other changes made over the years to make my point, which was that in the end the narrative of the Bible will be shown to have been correct, this is of course my belief and why would I even have to say that, IMO???

And this is simply false. The Biblical stories have NOT been shown to be correct, or even a good approximation.

And this is simply false. The Biblical stories have NOT been shown to be correct, or even a good approximation.
Sure they are and it’s only an unbelief on your part because you weren’t there nor were any of the people who disagree. Science disregards the supernatural, which God is supernatural, for example when someone rises from the dead what does science say…they were never dead.

Oh really, yet here we are with Israel surrounded by her enemies yet not destroyed, even with the global warning scare how we will be flooded, hasn’t happened and still have the promise of the Rainbow in the sky, how Daniel prophesied the kingdoms from Babylon, Medes and Persians, Greece, Rome to the last kingdom partly strong partly weak with the one world government and currency coming right now as we live in this time, that a ruler coming from these 10 to bring peace by deceit to build the temple in Israel and you still are saying nah.
Well, I see different and see the reality we live in currently. Not sure how you can dismiss things like this yet here we are.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Sure they are and it’s only an unbelief on your part because you weren’t there nor were any of the people who disagree.
You don’t need to be there if the evidence is there.
Science disregards the supernatural, which God is supernatural, for example when someone rises from the dead what does science say…they were never dead.
Science disregards the supernatural only because it fails as a testable hypothesis.

If someone died and started to rot and then is alive after, that would be evidence that death isn’t a permanent state. Doctors regularly save people who would have died before.

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Or these stats:
Wild interpretation of vague statements taken out of context. The probability is quite high that someone will interpret any statement made as a prophecy and twist it to mean whatever they want.

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh really, yet here we are with Israel surrounded by her enemies yet not destroyed, even with the global warning scare how we will be flooded, hasn’t happened and still have the promise of the Rainbow in the sky, how Daniel prophesied the kingdoms from Babylon, Medes and Persians, Greece, Rome to the last kingdom partly strong partly weak with the one world government and currency coming right now as we live in this time, that a ruler coming from these 10 to bring peace by deceit to build the temple in Israel and you still are saying nah.
Well, I see different and see the reality we live in currently. Not sure how you can dismiss things like this yet here we are.
Vague writings don’t make it a legitimate prophecy. A rainbow occurs because of refractive properties of light, not because of some miracle.

Science disregards the supernatural only because it fails as a testable hypothesis.

If someone died and started to rot and then is alive after, that would be evidence that death isn’t a permanent state. Doctors regularly save people who would have died before.
That’s the problem with science, it’s a weak test because it disregards God and the spiritual world. It has no test for this.
Even science tries to explain how creation started and it’s a supernatural beginning no matter how you look at it.
You make it seem like science is neutral when it isn’t. It’s biased in its interpretation depending on the scientist.

Vague writings don’t make it a legitimate prophecy. A rainbow occurs because of refractive properties of light, not because of some miracle.
Daniel, Ezekiel, Micah and the prophecies of the coming of Jesus, Israel and the times we live in are specific and you pick the rainbow? Ok brother, just asking if you ever searched the scriptures?
But as far as the laws for the Rainbow, I believe God sets those laws as the Creator, how do you interpret those laws, how did they come about?

Wild interpretation of vague statements taken out of context. The probability is quite high that someone will interpret any statement made as a prophecy and twist it to mean whatever they want.
Like Jesus would be born in Bethlehem, wild bro and a self fulfilling prophecy to boot!

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

I believe this is especially true when comparative mythology demonstrates that some of the stories about Jesus are plagiarized myths adapted from Greek mythology and other pagan religions that predate both the Bible and Christianity. As I explained in other threads (such as this one), it's my opinion, based on my personal research, that the stories about Jesus were either greatly embellished and based on hearsay or copied and adapted from pagan religions that his devout followers would have been familiar with at the time. To be honest, I don't believe that the stories about him are any more credible than the stories of other demigods. Finally, I'd like to include what I wrote regarding Christians who use archaeology to justify believing that the Bible is accurate.

A lot of Christians believe that the Bible is accurate because it includes actual locations that exist today. They will use this as one of their justifications for believing that the Bible was divinely inspired by God. However, Greek mythology predates the Bible and contains references to factual places in Greece as well as references to multiple gods and goddesses. Like the Bible, which cites several factual places, Greek mythology also cites several factual locations in Greece, including Athens, Crete, Delphi, Thebes, and Mount Olympus. But I've never met a Christian who believes Zeus, Hera, Ares, and Athena (as well as the other gods and goddesses) are real deities, despite the fact that there are references to actual sites in Greece that they could visit today, just as there are actual sites referenced in the Bible that they could visit today. I've met Christians who tried to use archaeological discoveries of biblical locations to claim that the Bible is true, but the same can be done with Greek mythology. Do archaeological discoveries prove that Greek mythology is true as well?

6 Famous Greek Mythology Locations

Greek Mythological Sites You Can Still Visit Today

Where should I go to see sites from Greek mythology?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
That’s the problem with science, it’s a weak test because it disregards God and the spiritual world. It has no test for this.
Which a there is no reliability in beliefs of such. Testable is required for knowledge.
Even science tries to explain how creation started and it’s a supernatural beginning no matter how you look at it.
Um, no. It is all due to the laws of physics. That is not supernatural.
You make it seem like science is neutral when it isn’t. It’s biased in its interpretation depending on the scientist.
It is based on testimony. Those that disagree on a point find some test to resolve the issue. If there is no test, it isn’t a real issue. If you don’t like the interpretation, find a test that it fails.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Daniel, Ezekiel, Micah and the prophecies of the coming of Jesus, Israel and the times we live in are specific and you pick the rainbow? Ok brother, just asking if you ever searched the scriptures?
But as far as the laws for the Rainbow, I believe God sets those laws as the Creator, how do you interpret those laws, how did they come about?
Yes, I have read the Bible. Those prophecies are, at best, vaguely worded and misinterpreted. Those Old Testament prophets didn’t predict Jesus. Christians rewrote the story of Jesus to fit their interpretation of the prophecy.

Yes, I have read the Bible. Those prophecies are, at best, vaguely worded and misinterpreted. Those Old Testament prophets didn’t predict Jesus. Christians rewrote the story of Jesus to fit their interpretation of the prophecy.
Would like you to actually site the vague prophecies that Christians rewrote.