• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I find it interesting that the Rainbow is considered a phenomenon. It it pretty remarkable
It's pretty but rather unremarkable. It's nothing more than light being refracted, dispersed and reflected through certain materials, such as cut crystals and water droplets. You can make small ones with a garden hose.
Laws had to come from somewhere go back to the beginning and let me know where they came from.
According to whom? An original cause isn't nearly as important to scientists as it is theists, amd theists who posit the original cause haven't even explained why their creator must be the prime mover.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I believe this is especially true when comparative mythology demonstrates that some of the stories about Jesus are plagiarized myths adapted from Greek mythology and other pagan religions that predate both the Bible and Christianity. As I explained in other threads (such as this one), it's my opinion, based on my personal research, that the stories about Jesus were either greatly embellished and based on hearsay or copied and adapted from pagan religions that his devout followers would have been familiar with at the time. To be honest, I don't believe that the stories about him are any more credible than the stories of other demigods. Finally, I'd like to include what I wrote regarding Christians who use archaeology to justify believing that the Bible is accurate.

That is an interpretation that you are welcome to entertain IMV

The story of the Messiah was instituted from the beginning to all mankind. How religions used it can be seen. We simply hold that the TaNaKh is correct.

Much like there are many stories about Daniel Boone that are fabricated but doesn’t change the reality that there is a Daniel Boone.
A lot of Christians believe that the Bible is accurate because it includes actual locations that exist today. They will use this as one of their justifications for believing that the Bible was divinely inspired by God. However, Greek mythology predates the Bible and contains references to factual places in Greece as well as references to multiple gods and goddesses. Like the Bible, which cites several factual places, Greek mythology also cites several factual locations in Greece, including Athens, Crete, Delphi, Thebes, and Mount Olympus. But I've never met a Christian who believes Zeus, Hera, Ares, and Athena (as well as the other gods and goddesses) are real deities, despite the fact that there are references to actual sites in Greece that they could visit today, just as there are actual sites referenced in the Bible that they could visit today. I've met Christians who tried to use archaeological discoveries of biblical locations to claim that the Bible is true, but the same can be done with Greek mythology. Do archaeological discoveries prove that Greek mythology is true as well?

The big difference is quite obvious. Everyone knows that Zeus is mythological. El Elyon is not.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Then why dies the evidence not support it? Like the entire book of Genesis. It mentions some real people and places, but so do Stephen King novels.

Correct, and obviously we don’t trust the history of the Spain because it mentions some real people and places. It is all a fabrication, of course.

the logic of your statement is flawed IMV

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I find it interesting that the Rainbow is considered a phenomenon. It it pretty remarkable
Refraction is a simple consequence of the laws of electromagnetism. Rainbows are a simple consequence of refraction.

The same thing happens with other wave phenomena. It also happens in different parts of the spectrum. We just don’t see the results.

What, precisely, do you find so remarkable about a simple spectrum being generated?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Correct, and obviously we don’t trust the history of the Spain because it mentions some real people and places. It is all a fabrication, of course.

The point is that we don’t trust it merely because it mentions real people. To be trustable takes far, far more.

The Iliad mentions real places and real people. But it doesn’t show Athena exists.

Refraction is a simple consequence of the laws of electromagnetism. Rainbows are a simple consequence of refraction.

The same thing happens with other wave phenomena. It also happens in different parts of the spectrum. We just don’t see the results.

What, precisely, do you find so remarkable about a simple spectrum being generated?
The different color arrangements in a rainbow and not some other random order

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

Spain is a real country with a real history. Maine is a real state with a real history. It's not reflected in Stephen King novels.
The Bible mentions real places like Babylon and Egypt, but the stories if the Bible, much like a Stephen King novel, do not match or reflect the evidence and records of the real history of Egypt and Babylon.
Work on your own skills and abilities in logic and reading before telling someone else to. You didn't even follow my own line accurately, failed to follow up with a reply that indicates understanding, it comes off no different than a layman trying to tell someone knowledgeable in a field how to do their work, like my mom who doesn't know anything about cars trying to tell me how to fix them, or someone who has never taught guitar (sometimes never played) repeating the nonsense you have to start on an acoustic guitar if you want to learn to play.

Don’t read in more than is there.
I agree, I do the same with Scripture. When the Scriptures make sense seek no other sense.
I made it my aim to know God my Creator and enjoy fellowship with Him. The word of the Lord comes to me and is effective.
Psalm 1 for example, I’ve lived on both ends of that, have experienced both in my lifetime.