• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
What I dislike is hypocrisy. Those that say others should be heterosexually monogamous while playing the field themselves are a problem. Better to simply stand up for what they do.
The Bible says that. Ask others here who say they're Christian more about that.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The Bible says fornicators and adulterers will not inherit God's kingdom. I wonder how many who claim to be Christian here believe that.
1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites...will inherit God's kingdom
How, exactly, does the fortification and or adultery of others effect you?

If the system itself is unjust, there can be no equity. To say anyone who doubts is deserving of punishment is unjust.
Its rejecting your only option, there is a punishment for sin and rebellion against a Holy God and that is Eternal Damnation in Hell. We all deserve that, His justice demands that, no escaping that.
But God loves us so much He lived the perfect life of obedience that we didn’t and was crucified and by His sacrifice satisfied the wrath of God for us, He did it Himself. That’s why Jesus Christ is way above everyone else. When a person rejects His gift and what He did there is no other option then for that person to do their sentence themselves. Why do that?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Its rejecting your only option, there is a punishment for sin and rebellion against a Holy God and that is Eternal Damnation in Hell. We all deserve that, His justice demands that, no escaping that.
But God loves us so much He lived the perfect life of obedience that we didn’t and was crucified and by His sacrifice satisfied the wrath of God for us, He did it Himself. That’s why Jesus Christ is way above everyone else. When a person rejects His gift and what He did there is no other option then for that person to do their sentence themselves. Why do that?
If people are good only out of fear of punishment or hope for reward, are they really good?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
They are sex positive and a blessing when you do things Gods way and a curse when you don’t.

And that ends up being very sex-negative. it is also very much denigrating of women.

Then God is evil for setting up such a deranged system.
That isn't love. That is ego.

If people are good only out of fear of punishment or hope for reward, are they really good?
If you want to receive eternal life on your own merit you have to live a perfect life before God in motive and in works of the law otherwise you fall short of His Glory, He is Holy, Holy, Holy.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

"The question I get asked by religious people all the time is, without God, what’s to stop me from raping all I want?" And my answer is: I rape all I want. And the amount I want is zero. And I do murder all I want, and the amount I want is zero. The fact that these people think that if they didn’t have this person watching over them, they would go on killing and raping rampages is the most self-damning thing I can imagine." - Penn Jillette. Personally, I believe he was spot-on.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Not how I see it, I think when men don’t take care of women after using them for sex is denigrating to
Women and immature for the guys.
To think that women need to be taken care of is part of the problem. That is denigrating to women. To think that sex is ‘using’ someone as opposed to sharing something is another part of the problem. To think that women don’t ‘use’ men for sex is a blindness that is way too common. To think that having sex it’s bad unless it is in a marriage is yet another huge problem. To think that two (or more) people mutually agreeing to be sexual is bad is, indeed, sex-negative.

YoursTrue

Why don't you answer his question since you are a Christian?
Because he believes the account about Adam is a myth, therefore cannot believe the genealogy about Jesus. And therefore I wonder if he believes Jesus existed as said. There is no point to discuss what a person thinks Jesus meant if he does not believe Jesus really existed as written.

YoursTrue

Why would anyone want eternal life? Anything past a few billion years would be a torment.
Well if you have it you can always somehow get rid of it. I really must say that I am never bored. But there's not enough time to do what I'd like to do.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Because he believes the account about Adam is a myth, therefore cannot believe the genealogy about Jesus. And therefore I wonder if he believes Jesus existed as said. There is no point to discuss what a person thinks Jesus meant if he does not believe Jesus really existed as written.
Yes, Genesis Creation is based on myth, and older myths going back to Sumeria and Babylonia. Yes the genealogy is flawed, but that does not mean Jesus was who he claimed he was. The genealogy is flawed and incomplete likely because if it was compiled by humans with insufficient
knowledge,

If people claim to be Christian they have to honest about the history o Judaism and Christianity and the historical origins of the texts of their scripture.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So what's your hope? An old friend years ago was similar to you. He died young. He is exalted in Wikipedia. You don't need to know his name. That was before I knew and I understood God's promises and goodness. Sooo glad I'm outta there. And because my friend was disturbed by this world,I look forward to seeing him again a resurrection and a new world where righteousness dwells. Revelation 21.
We all die sooner or later. And the heaven of Christians sounds like a hell to a lot of the rest of us. It also appears to be made up. If you are going to believe in something because of a made up heaven why not pick a religion with a decent heaven?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
We all die sooner or later. And the heaven of Christians sounds like a hell to a lot of the rest of us. It also appears to be made up. If you are going to believe in something because of a made up heaven why not pick a religion with a decent heaven?
Mark Twain has a hilariously work on the Heaven and Hell in Christianity, I believe he preferred Hell.