• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

To think that women need to be taken care of is part of the problem. That is denigrating to women. To think that sex is ‘using’ someone as opposed to sharing something is another part of the problem. To think that women don’t ‘use’ men for sex is a blindness that is way too common. To think that having sex it’s bad unless it is in a marriage is yet another huge problem. To think that two (or more) people mutually agreeing to be sexual is bad is, indeed, sex-negative.
The woman I know does want to be taken care of and like it when her husband protects and provides, doesn’t bail out on the kids but actually trains and brings up their children in the Lord.
The woman I know likes sharing a special relationship with her husband that is all there’s and not to be shared with anyone else, ever.
The woman I know likes being the most important person in the world. So you know nothing of that kind of love. It’s supernatural and one of a kind.
She also likes the fact that her husband loves and knows God.

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
We all die sooner or later. And the heaven of Christians sounds like a hell to a lot of the rest of us. It also appears to be made up. If you are going to believe in something because of a made up heaven why not pick a religion with a decent heaven?
Honestly, one of my biggest fears is that there is a heaven and I will be stuck there for all eternity with all the Christians who go to such great lengths here on Earth to drive as many people away from god as they can.

That you think you know what another does and does not know about love is rather telling.
Especially when you use said alleged knowledge in a desperate attempt at disrespect.
You’ve already communicated you don’t know and now you do a desperate attempt of what you accuse another of.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So what do you know about what love is
I do not pretend to know what others know or think of love.
I have been with the love of my life for the last 30+ years.
I personally have no need or want to interject myself or my opinions into anyone else's love life.

However, i will offer up my thoughts to those who ask me.
With the disclaimer that love is a personal thing and what I do and do not know about it can fill volumes.

JCMIV

Which parts do you consider true? Please be specific.
It's easy for me to believe Jesus was born of a virgin, did miracles, died on a cross, and raised himself from the dead, then ascended to Heaven. No problem. You would think that might make me a Christian....

But, I don't think that "word of God", or "inerrant and infallible" are accurate descriptions of the Bible. I believe God can manifest in any form, for example Krishna, Shiva, Kali, or many other forms. I believe in Karma, reincarnation, Brahman. I think Islam is a beautiful and true path.

The parts of Christianity that I believe are true are the parts that can be truly experienced. Love, compassion, sacrifice. But you can experience that without Christianity too. I was a devout Christian for sixteen years, finally I had to be honest with myself and admit to myself that I did not have a personal connection to Jesus. I don't know what Him dying for my sins means or how to apply that to my spiritual path. I don't believe penal substitution is the gospel message. I can only guess what the gospel is, perhaps "Behold, the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand."?

I used to be jealous of Christian friends who talked about gifts of the Holy Spirit, or how much they loved Jesus. For me, I started thinking of God as a rich Dad, he gave me food and shelter, a family, but He never answered my calls or wanted to just hang out.

Everything that I thought about God changed when I stumbled across Vedanta. Now, I see Jesus in the light of Vedanta, and it makes a lot more sense.

I do not pretend to know what others know or think of love.
I have been with the love of my life for the last 30+ years.
I personally have no need or want to interject myself or my opinions into anyone else's love life.

However, i will offer up my thoughts to those who ask me.
With the disclaimer that love is a personal thing and what I do and do not know about it can fill volumes.
That was lots of nothing but thanks

I believe that this is true from the Scriptures:
”Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.“
‭‭John‬ ‭15‬:‭13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I believe that this is true from the Scriptures:
”Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.“
‭‭John‬ ‭15‬:‭13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Fair enough.
though to lay down your life for your enemies is a much greater showing of love.

Fair enough.
though to lay down your life for your enemies is a much greater showing of love.
That’s right!
”But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.“
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5‬:‭8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

This is so marvelous and true for the Scriptures:
”For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.“
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5‬:‭10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Probably because all you’ve known is this world, when you enter into the presence of God everything changes.
That is the claim. But since we have no evidence for this 'God', that claim is literally useless. It is like a snake-oil salesman that leaves town before the side effects kick in.

The woman I know does want to be taken care of and like it when her husband protects and provides, doesn’t bail out on the kids but actually trains and brings up their children in the Lord.
Perhaps you should find a woman that can take care of herself but *still* wants to be with you. This is part of the evil of Abrahamic religions: they treat women as children and property instead of independent, thinking people.
The woman I know likes sharing a special relationship with her husband that is all there’s and not to be shared with anyone else, ever.
That would be her choice. Some get fulfillment and respect in other ways. part of freedom is the ability to be your own person.
The woman I know likes being the most important person in the world. So you know nothing of that kind of love. It’s supernatural and one of a kind.
She also likes the fact that her husband loves and knows God.
Again, her choice.

The woman I know and love can stand up for herself, wants to be with me because of my character and values, does not *need* me to hold her hand, but *wants* to hold my hand, is a partner as opposed to a piece of property, can make her own decisions, and values the fact that I am not a religious nutcase.

There is no such thing as a supernatural. Love is a human emotion (a very important one, mind you). It consists of valuing another as much or more than you value yourself. It consists of wanting them to be the happiest and most fulfilled they can be and helping them to achieve their goals.

As a Christian, I believe this to be true from the Scriptures:
”Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.“
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2‬:‭5‬-‭11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

There is no such thing as a supernatural. Love is a human emotion (a very important one, mind you). It consists of valuing another as much or more than you value yourself. It consists of wanting them to be the happiest and most fulfilled they can be and helping them to achieve their goals.
This kind of love is not natural because most people are selfish and put themselves first above other people so that’s why this is supernatural love or agape love that God showed in Jesus Christ for us as is posted above.