• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

can christians support a homosexual inclination?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
they can societally tolerate it among strangers perhaps, but anything less than personal condemnation would be against what it truly means to "love" since the idea is that G-d hates it, and if you accept something G-d hates and punishes people severely for, that's not loving G-d or your neighbor.
And who is my neighbor? The one whom the Bible says is acceptable and doing "right?" Or the one one whom the Bible says is untouchable, and acting compassionately?

sojourner

I'm sorry to hear that you're sorry to hear that. You don't need to make a judgment call on my beliefs. I'm sorry anyone would accept and tolerate their offspring growing up to be a promiscuous skank male or female.

(*Yes I know there are a few, perhaps a slight slight few who are not promiscuous).

:redcard:

Your response here, though, begs for such judgment.

sojourner

If you're interested in the non-religious rationale or where the "Christian" context isn't the central focus, you can start another thread to discuss the "Rationale". But this thread is for the religious rationale.
Except that your religious rationale...
just isn't.

sojourner

As far as my own social experience has led me to believe, their idea of "love" is 99% lust and their promiscuity rate and cheating rate and such are remarkably high. Therefore, scripturally speaking, their behavior, which is mostly based on lust for the most part by far and large among them.
Oh, well, here we have it, boys and girls! Shermana's "own social experience" has spoken. Therefore, it must be universally true for everyone.
He spoke against lustful intentions and feelings.
Sexual orientation is not "lustfully-intended."

Oh, I forgot! There's that whole, "in my social experience" bugaboo. Sorry. You're right. And I suppose that the thousands of couples in long-term, monogamous relationships mean nothing.

sojourner

Define "hurt anyone". How do you know that it's not devaluing their Cosmic worth? Giving them "Bad karma"? Dishonoring their immortal being?
Oh, please! Another cop out.
How does an act of love devalue a person? Jesus would disagree with you.

sojourner

Would Jesus condone something that the Father Himself says "Offends Him"?
Wait...
Who said it? God? Surrously?
A human being said it.
Another great example of the poor exegetical skills we've come to expect from this quarter.

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
i was referring to religion.

Good because not everyone gets the difference between the Almighty and religion. Unfortunately, sometimes even those that do understand the difference don't clearly say which one they mean or don't care.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Good because not everyone gets the difference between the Almighty and religion. Unfortunately, sometimes even those that do understand the difference don't clearly say which one they mean or don't care.

religion is an idea. just an idea...a very flawed idea.
and if there are those that confuse religion with the person, they have a very flawed understanding of what an idea is.

Road Warrior

You hate religion. Based on some of your posts, it appears there is overlap into those who are religious. Why do you hate religion?

waitasec

Veteran Member
You hate religion. Based on some of your posts, it appears there is overlap into those who are religious. Why do you hate religion?

because it's an excuse.
because it justifies
because it has the potential to defend bad behavior, like any other excuse.

Road Warrior

What do you think it is an excuse for? You mean all those Catholics attending Mass on Sundays are simply excusing bad behavior? Wow. I would never have guessed. I also disagree.

Road Warrior

no dear this...

it's disgusting

Dear, that's just one guy. Not "religion". Besides, your broadbrushed all religion by saying "because it's an excuse. because it justifies because it has the potential to defend bad behavior, like any other excuse." Or did you mean something else?

I'd also like a better understanding of your hatred(s). Please explain further.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Dear, that's just one guy. Not "religion".

no it's not one person it's 50% of the US population which so happens to be 80% christian :facepalm:

Besides, your broadbrushed all religion by saying "because it's an excuse. because it justifies because it has the potential to defend bad behavior, like any other excuse." Or did you mean something else?

I'd also like a better understanding of your hatred(s). Please explain further.
your selective hearing is definitely showing...did i say religion is the ONLY excuse? no i did not...
religion is AN excuse for bad behavior not THE excuse...

Last edited: