• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Europe be Saved?

Primordial Annihilator

which is exactly how Europeans view each other Lol

Not these days...we have had enough of warring with each other...we are all too close geographically to nuke each other.

And the balance of power between Germany and the UK or France is relatively equal...not so with individual european states and the US.

Strategically speaking we are allies by necessity.

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
Not these days...we have had enough of warring with each other...we are all too close geographically to nuke each other.

And the balance of power between Germany and the UK or France is relatively equal...not so with individual european states and the US.

Strategically speaking we are allies by necessity.

i think that a matter of opinion. I cant say i have come across much trust for the Europeans, the EU or France and Germany.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
i think that a matter of opinion. I cant say i have come across much trust for the Europeans, the EU or France and Germany.
See what they're doing to Ireland with the 'bailout'. Borrowing money at 3 odd % and lending it at 6 odd %.,
See their regard for democracy re Lisbon Treaty.

A person would have to be crazy to trust the EU. Unless they were ridiculously rich or a banker.

They con us with this nationality ****. Our elites have more in common with each other than they do with their fellow citizens (I should have said consumers - that's how they want us to view it) in any given jurdistiction.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Your personal apathy is not an important point Kathryn, regarding your holidaying arrangements...nor one that makes any difference to me..no offence.

If you choose to reply to my posts...obviously in some measure you do care...regardless.

Please don't confuse enjoying a debate with caring. ;)

Primordial Annihilator

Please don't confuse enjoying a debate with caring. ;)

Whatever Kathryn...I dont give a crap where you go on holiday...everyone treats paying tourists well..the spanish tolerate us drunken louts 'holidaying' in their costal cities and towns...they depend on us...it is of no importance to the thread or me or anyone.

The way you are treated by europeans is anecdotal and entirely irrlevant.

I dont 'care' if you 'care' or not...I dont 'care' about your holiday or anything you say about it...it is all about the debate yes...so dont tell me europeans are nice to you...because I dont care...at all...all I care about (on this thread) is how best to verbally attack your nation with maximum efficency and altruism...and to counter any attempts to defend it.

PS

No offence.

Last edited:

Primordial Annihilator

See what they're doing to Ireland with the 'bailout'. Borrowing money at 3 odd % and lending it at 6 odd %.,
See their regard for democracy re Lisbon Treaty.

A person would have to be crazy to trust the EU. Unless they were ridiculously rich or a banker.

They con us with this nationality ****. Our elites have more in common with each other than they do with their fellow citizens (I should have said consumers - that's how they want us to view it) in any given jurdistiction.

Ahhh boo hoo...6% is pretty generous if you ask me...you were all happy enough in the EU when your economy was booming...dont blame europe for your failings.
Blame the US banks for screwing us all over.

You dont know what you are talking about...still you will always get malcontented parochially minded nationalists anywhere you go...

Last edited:

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Ahhh boo hoo...6% is pretty generous if you ask me...you were all happy enough in the EU when your economy was booming...dont blame europe for your failings.

You dont know what you are talking about...still you will always get malcontented parochially minded nationalists anywhere you go...

Oh dear.
Have e nice day :)

Reactions: kai

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Whatever Kathryn...I dont give a crap where you go on holiday...everyone treats paying tourists well..the spanish tolerate us drunken louts 'holidaying' in their costal cities and towns...they depend on us...it is of no importance to the thread or me or anyone.

The way you are treated by europeans is anecdotal and entirely irrlevant.

I dont 'care' if you 'care' or not...I dont 'care' about your holiday or anything you say about it...it is all about the debate yes...so dont tell me europeans are nice to you...because I dont care...at all...all I care about (on this thread) is how best to verbally attack your nation with maximum efficency and altruism...and to counter any attempts to defend it.

PS

No offence.

Pointless.

No offense.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
European politics is not all bad. Up to the Financial crash it was all going quite well.
However, the domino effect of the lending/investment crash in America demonstrated the appalling lack of financial controls in the world.
America has been able to put off the evil day of reckoning by adding a few zeros to its national debt and selling its future to China.
The weaker countries in Europe had no such cushion to fall back on and financially small countries like Ireland were left with out real credit lines.
Europe will definitely come out of the disaster in time. and on a stronger basis.

The danger for Europe is still the power of the Banks to do what they like.

In the long term the greater danger is for America, that is, when the rest of the world decides.. or needs ... to call in its debts. If they had to pay off their national debt in the time scale Ireland is being forced to, there would be total melt down.

lunakilo

Yes, yes, blame the US.
It is always nice to have someone else to blame for all you troubles. What would we do without the USA? :D

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Yes, yes, blame the US.
It is always nice to have someone else to blame for all you troubles. What would we do without the USA? :D

The problem started in the USA with the Failure of Crooked banks, financial institutions and the unsupportable selling of toxic mortgage assets. That is history.

Unfortunately Financial institutions and banks are still not regulated either in the USA or the rest of the world. They are essentialy above any countries law or control.

They are making very large proffits from the situation. And because of previous losses, due to the crash, are paying very little tax now.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
The problem started in the USA with the Failure of Crooked banks, financial institutions and the unsupportable selling of toxic mortgage assets. That is history.

I think the problem can be traced back to Reagan and Thatcher and their policies of de-regulation.

On my understanding capitalism was regulated for the 40/50 odd years after the Great Depression and the worst excesses of the boom and bust were avoided.
Then along came Maggie and Ronnie and took the hand brake off.
It's only now, in recent years, that we've rolled off the cliff.

Random

Europe is strong and the Euro will survive. It's America that is in doubt.

Americans, look to yourselves. No longer or ever more will Europe or her diverse people's (which is her strength) be held responsible for the mis-deeds of your flawed and failing Empire.