• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can humanity surprise God?

averageJOE

zombie
Not God's fault...just His technique of correction.

And if He is willing to destroy so many at one time...for correction....
what then of anyone else making objection?
Right...got it. Your god didn't make an error, just something that needed a correction. Charles Manson thought he was "correcting" society also.

Beaudreaux

Not God's fault...just His technique of correction.
RIght. Hey, what do we call those things that need to be corrected? There's a specific word for them. Do you know what it is?
And if He is willing to destroy so many at one time...for correction....
what then of anyone else making objection?
So...anyone objecting to logical inconsistencies attributed to God gets killed in a horrifying manner?

jonman122

RIght. Hey, what do we call those things that need to be corrected? There's a specific word for them. Do you know what it is?

So...anyone objecting to logical inconsistencies attributed to God gets killed in a horrifying manner?

I think he might be suffering from a psychotic breakdown, people have destroyed his perception of god so utterly that he can't form coherent sentences anymore. I haven't seen him make one post that has made sense in 90-200 posts.

God doesn't exist, therefore he can't be surprised by us.

If crocodiles exist, why are there still ducks? CHECKMATE DARWIN

Beaudreaux

I also like what post #183 has to say about this trend of referencing earlier posts when you have no response.

jonman122

I'm doing just fine.
Apparently you don't understand.

you haven't even said anything coherent...

i honestly feel bad for you, i don't know how you came across this incredible form of illogical reasoning, but it seems to be having a serious detriment to your ability to argue in a reasonable and discussion-worthy fashion.

Beaudreaux

Thief said:
I'm doing just fine.
Apparently you don't understand.

I understand everything you have said. I just don't fond it compelling. The last thing you posted that was KIND of an argument was along the lines of "wait until you die and you'll see I'm right." You alternate between just saying you are correct and making veiled threats about how God will punish us for disagreeing with you. What you have NOT done, in any post, is provide any reason for believing then stuff you believe.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I understand everything you have said. I just don't fond it compelling. The last thing you posted that was KIND of an argument was along the lines of "wait until you die and you'll see I'm right." You alternate between just saying you are correct and making veiled threats about how God will punish us for disagreeing with you. What you have NOT done, in any post, is provide any reason for believing then stuff you believe.

So don't.

I still believe in cause and effect...including the consequence for denial.
You seem to have no faith at all.

So to you this is nothing more than a collection of words.
And you think your words are more than mine.

In the next life (which you seem to deny) your words unto your fellow man
become the words that will determine how you are dealt with.

Not my words...your own.

So go on making denial.

jonman122

So don't.

I still believe in cause and effect...including the consequence for denial.
You seem to have no faith at all.

So to you this is nothing more than a collection of words.
And you think your words are more than mine.

In the next life (which you seem to deny) your words unto your fellow man
become the words that will determine how you are dealt with.

Not my words...your own.

So go on making denial.

no one is in denial here, we just don't make false claims about things that don't exist.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Yes. We are able to determine what does exist. What doesn't exist is logically everything else.

This is incorrect.

There are several threads here at the forum...at length....
one attempt after another to disprove God....or life after death.

Not having proof doesn't take away the belief...or the line of thought that
people hold to it.

Can humanity surprise God?
How about taking on a faith or belief and not have physical evidence for it?
How about believing and not having cause to do so?

How about living beyond your last breath?

Of course, some preparation is needful to accomplish...what you can't be sure of.

But humans do so, quite often...going further than expected.
Are we not surprised when we do?

Maybe God can be surprised....
How about you showing up at the Door?