• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cardinal Pell and Evolution

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
lmaooo: you just dont know what else to say anymore!!!
No, I know what happened in the Dover Trial. I know how and why the side backed by the Discovery Toot lost. In some cases for the people that was trying to introduce the lies of the Discovery Toot the judge was tempted to charge them with perjury.

Why not try to learn just the basics of science? You will not keep making these errors if you do.

Reactions: ppp

urantianX

No, I know what happened in the Dover Trial. I know how and why the side backed by the Discovery Toot lost. In some cases for the people that was trying to introduce the lies of the Discovery Toot the judge was tempted to charge them with perjury.

Why not try to learn just the basics of science? You will not keep making these errors if you do.
stop saying i dont know science, you do not know who i am nor what i do, you are just dishonest like i see from other of your posts here at RF, and you dont know anything on dover.
and for people here who wanna know the actual facts, i already provided the links above so here is the dover reality again:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
stop saying i dont know science, you do not know who i am nor what i do, you are just dishonest like i see from other of your posts here at RF, and you dont know anything on dover.
and for people here who wanna know the actual facts, i already provided the links above so here is the dover reality again:
When you use known lying sources you demonstrate that you do not understand science. But we could have a discussion on it. If you did understand the concepts of science and scientific evidence Here are a couple of quick question that will show quickly if you understand the concept of scientific evidence or not.

Is there ample scientific evidence for the theory of evolution?

Is there scientific evidence for intelligent design?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
When you use known lying sources you demonstrate that you do not understand science. But we could have a discussion on it. If you did understand the concepts of science and scientific evidence Here are a couple of quick question that will show quickly if you understand the concept of scientific evidence or not.

Is there ample scientific evidence for the theory of evolution?

Is there scientific evidence for intelligent design?
In harmony with your questions, did bookcases evolve?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't think the reason was to fool people.
Too bad that you are afraid to learn what is and what is not evidence. You would be able to see that the false evidence needed gets down to the molecular level. The only reasonable conclusion is that if the myths of Genesis are true then God is a liar. Just because you do not understand the concept of evidence is not an excuse that saves you from claiming that your God is a liar.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think the reason was to fool people.
I think the reason is pretty obvious. The evidence supports the conclusions and those conclusions of science are valid.

I don't pretend that I interpret the Bible perfectly, correctly on the only way it can be. So, why should I think that somebody else interprets it perfectly, when their interpretation is at odds with what I consider to be God's Work, the natural world. Demanding a particular interpretation is a closed-minded, short-sighted and wrong approach in my opinion.

Just because atheists don't believe, doesn't mean their interpretations of the evidence of the natural world and science are wrong. Science is everyone's gift. It is something that can be agreed on whether believer or not. Denying those facts isn't a valid Christian position in my view.

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
Real science is nice, I have nothing against it, because it only tells what can be observed. The problem is the people who make extraordinary claims from the scientific observations.
No, science does a lot more than simply report what is observed. Have you ever come across Newton's Laws of Motion? These do not just report what Newton saw. They are parts of a theory of mechanics, which tells us what we can expect in future observations, based on past ones.

Science consists of two parts, firstly the observations of nature and secondly the theories developed to extract from them the general principle and relationships that account for them.

Without the theories that unify the observations and draw out the patterns, you just have a pile of data. That's not science.

Audie

Veteran Member
Evolution news. :D
We learn a lot about who you are that you'd
cite such a worthless dishonest source.

Audie

Veteran Member
Real science is nice, I have nothing against it, because it only tells what can be observed. The problem is the people who make extraordinary claims from the scientific observations.
Nobody but the theists thinks highly of
extraordinary (untedtable, unverifiable)
claims
You have no prob with extraordinary claims about
"God", with no data at all?

exchemist

Veteran Member
The mere fact you cite that website shows you don't understand science.

The Dover school trial exposed and destroyed the Intelligent Design scam. I have a pdf of the entire judgement and have read it all. It makes fascinating reading. The judge clearly enjoyed taking down these bullies and charlatans.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure what "real" science means or what you mean by extraordinary claims.

Reactions: ppp

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Real science means the use of scientific method: observe, hypothesize, test, record results, conclude, repeat. The studies are published in peer reviewed journals.

Whether that's what 1213 means, I can't say.
That's what I would consider real science and just call it science.

I don't know what @1213 means by that either, but I have some suspicions.