• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cardinal Pell and Evolution

You have no prob with extraordinary claims about
"God", with no data at all?
Why do you think I have no data? Bible is lot of data. I think Bible itself is good evidence for God, because people are too evil and stupid to make it on their own.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why do you think I have no data? Bible is lot of data. I think Bible itself is good evidence for God, because people are too evil and stupid to make it on their own.
No, the Bible is the claim. If you rely upon it for "data" it is simplicity itself to show that it is wrong. If you try to use it for a Young Earth it is easily shown to be wrong by literally mountains of evidence that shows that it is wrong. Unless you want to claim that your omnipotent God is a liar. You could always make that claim. If your God a liar? If you say "No" then your anti-evolution beliefs are demonstrably wrong.

Audie

Veteran Member
Now we have it that those who don't
see things your way are evil and stupid.

If you are so smart, though, why is your English so
poor and your cause and effect ( because...) a non
sequitur and devoid of,logic?

We are curious about this.

Audie

Veteran Member
But, if the writings show knowledge, love and truth more than what humans would one their own show, then it is evidence for God.
Knowledge...like flood, earth created in six days,
unicorns, talking animals, bats are birds, Pi=3,
that....on and on.

As for love and compassion you may not
have gotten to Deutrronomy yet. It's crazy full of it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is not only the claim, if it's content is such that humans would not make without God.

You might want to try again with this one. It does not make any sense in English.
Sorry, I don't think that is true.
New rule, if you just say "I don't that that is true" I will thank you for admitting that you are wrong. Once again, it does not matter what you think. It matters what you can support. If you cannot support what you claim to be the odds are huge that you are wrong. And in fact, by certain standards, you are in fact lying.

Knowledge...like flood, earth created in six days,
unicorns, talking animals, bats are birds, Pi=3,
that....on and on.
Unicorns = Rhinos.
All animals talk, or have you not heard of birds singing, you just don't understand it, because you talk only human, not animal. :D
Bible doesn't say Pi=3, but it tells about great flood, and we have lot of evidence for it, which is why I believe it easily.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sorry, I tried to say, if claim has information that humans would not have without God, then the claim is also evidence for God.

Why do you think your claim matters, when you can't support it with logic and reason?
How would you know what information would not have happened without a god? You appear to be only making things worse for you.

And second, I am the one that can support one's beliefs with logic,reason, and evidence. You can't do that. Did you forget about what you were debating?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
For example, Bible tells there was one continent at the beginning. How do you think humans would have known that without God, in the ancient times?
It doesn't say that. You reinterpreted the Bible after the fact. And we know that there was only one continent 200 million years ago because of the evidence. That was not from the beginning.