• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cardinal Pell and Evolution

You conveniently omitted answering my question, and true righteousness involves not only having love for others but also to help those in need, which did and does include tithing and/or paying taxes. ...
What do you think, would a righteous person demand others to pay for example 50 % of their wage for him?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
What do you think, would a righteous person demand others to pay for example 50 % of their wage for him?
Bizarre question.

Jesus said "love one another as I have loved you", and true love also involves helping those in need. If you want to just be self-centered, that's your choice, but Christianity throughout history never taught that this was acceptable or even remotely moral.

So, go ahead and just worship your money, I guess.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Saying "I believe" in a scientific discussion is almost the same as admitting that one is wrong.

In a scientific discussion one needs scientific evidence, and there does not appear to be any for design.
I believe you state things all the time from your false belief system which lacks evidence. I gave you evidence and you ignored it because you don't like the evidence. That is holding belief over evidence.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Sharing DNA just suggests that they are related.

Chemistry depends on particle physics and quantum theory for how it works, as does DNA.
Both of which involve uncertainty and chance.
I believe you avoided the issue. By chance are you saying that hydrogen combined with oxygen will by chance develop carbon one time and lead another?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I believe you state things all the time from your false belief system which lacks evidence. I gave you evidence and you ignored it because you don't like the evidence. That is holding belief over evidence.
That is only because you are mistaken and do not realize that has been shown countless times.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So you believe it suggests. That really adds up
to something solid.

Proof enough for the dimest of minds to
realize you understand more about
chemistry than any chemist on earth.
I believe I don't need to be a chemist to know that chemistry works by rules and experience teaches that rules are made up by those with intelligence. In the case of God that would be intelligence and power to create the elements.

Audie

Veteran Member
I believe I don't need to be a chemist to know that chemistry works by rules and experience teaches that rules are made up by those with intelligence. In the case of God that would be intelligence and power to create the elements.
You have experience that taught you the " rules"
( goofy inept word ) of nature are " made up".

I don't believe you did other than make that up.

Try even a tiny bit of thought?

The "rules " of math required master intelligence
to make them up? One and one isn't two unless
someone chose that rule?

Don't say yes, that would be insane.

You still think you know morevscience than any
scientist on Earth.

Are you sure that is sane?

Audie

Veteran Member
Ha. Name an example.

You are just projecting your own faults.

Which is crude childish " debate" that only
speaks ill of the person doing it.
It's embarrassing to witness.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You can disagree all you want but it will still be there.

Your God condones slavery and genocide in the Bible. Among other horrible things. This same god also brutally murdered everyone on earth except for 8 people. Women, children, babies, animals, all of 'em.
He also ordered genocide and infanticide. Except for the virgin girls. His cohorts got to keep them as sex slaves.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Everyone who accepts mandatory taxation, condones slavery.

Ow yeah... expecting citizens of a nation to chip in for budget for roads, health care, a police force, fire fighters, schools,....
Yeah, that's totally the same as stripping someone from their basic freedoms, human rights and human dignity.

And murder is unlawful killing. God has given life, so He has also right to decide how long life He gives and it is not murder then, because He has the right.

Yeah, "might makes right". Totally. Just ask Kim Jung Un.

Even if people would be good, I think God would have right to give only a short life. But, He has promised eternal life for those who are righteous. I think it is nice and I don't see any good reason why God should allow evil to continue forever.
Well, you never know with narcistic petty sociopaths...