• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cardinal Pell and Evolution

Unless god commands you to do it, then it's a-ok. In other words, your morality depends on the whim of some god, depending on what kind of mood it's in today.
Murder is always wrong. But, because it means unlawful killing, there can be killing that is lawful, as in death penalty, which is not the same as murder. And I think death penalty is not necessary wrong, because I don't think it would be good to allow evil to continue eternally. However, I think that decision should be left for God, not for people.
He supposedly promised eternal life for those who believe and worship and praise him endlessly.
Where is that said in the Bible? By what I know, eternal life is promised only for righteous:

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into everlasting life.
Matt. 25:46

And I think it is good, if unrighteous and evil people don't get that, because, if they would live eternally, they would make life eternal suffering for all.

No, that is not slavery, and even Jesus knew this. "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and of course Roman's 13 show you to be wrong in a biblical sense.
That is not the same as saying mandatory taxation is good. And I agree with Jesus on this. People should give caesar what is caesars, and they should not have anything that is caesars. If caesar prints money, let him have it all and other people should live without it as free human beings.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That is not the same as saying mandatory taxation is good. And I agree with Jesus on this. People should give caesar what is caesars, and they should not have anything that is caesars. If caesar prints money, let him have it all and other people should live without it as free human beings.
So since all of your money is printed by the government you should give them all of it? Please make up your mind.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Sorry, I disagree with that. I think it is extremely selfish and self-centered to demand others pay taxes.
That's OK if you're a hermit, but if one not then it's simply being self-centered. The short-lived "Articles of Confederation" clearly showed that volunteer taxation simply does not work. No society has ever been able to rely just on voluntary contributions. If you think so, name one.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That is your interpretation of what he says, not his exact words.
Mark 12:14-17. It was asked of Jesus if they should pay Ceasar's tax and Jesus replied to render to Ceaser the things that belong to Ceasar.
Malachi 3:8-9. Here we read to not tithe is to steal from and rob Yahwey.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I believe it suggests design just as the rules for elements combining suggests design.
Saying "I believe" in a scientific discussion is almost the same as admitting that one is wrong.

In a scientific discussion one needs scientific evidence, and there does not appear to be any for design.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I believe it suggests design just as the rules for elements combining suggests design.

Sharing DNA just suggests that they are related.

Chemistry depends on particle physics and quantum theory for how it works, as does DNA.
Both of which involve uncertainty and chance.

Mark 12:14-17. It was asked of Jesus if they should pay Ceasar's tax and Jesus replied to render to Ceaser the things that belong to Ceasar.
Malachi 3:8-9. Here we read to not tithe is to steal from and rob Yahwey.

Thank you for showing the scriptures you are speaking of. I think it is always good to look closely what is actually said in them.

And coming, they said to Him, Teacher, we know that you are true, and there is not a care to you about anyone, for you do not look to the face of men, but teach on the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not? Should we give, or should we not give? But knowing their hypocrisy, He said to them, Why do you tempt Me? Bring Me a denarius that I may see. And they brought one . And He said to them, Whose image and inscription is this? And they said to Him, Caesar's. And answering, Jesus said to them, Render the things of Caesar to Caesar, and the things of God to God. And they marveled at Him.
Mark 12:14-17

So, by what Jesus says, if denarius is caesar's, give it to caesar. And, if denarius is caesar's, why would anyone have it in the first place? I would say, let him keep them, it would be better not to have them at all.