• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cartoons Under Fire

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
The Truth said:
I don't hate americans, why should i?

I just hate the irresponsible government of the US.

You hate our government, but not us? Well, that is a majority of Americans that you hate. Enemies of my government, are my enemies. Domestic or Foreign. Really, you are not the type of human I normally associate with.

The Truth said:
ya sure, :rolleyes: Bush said first we found it, we found the evidence that they have a nuclear bomb but what happnned after that?

They decieved the puplic by sending thier sons and daughters to unfair war for the "so called" peace.

Wow. I've never seen a mind that could simplify something to such a finite point. Astonishing. Of course, you don't actually think I'm buying that nonsense do you?

The Truth said:
There is no relationship between Saddam and bin Ladin.

Is that what you think Iraq was about? Don't by into the Rhetoric. Our war is against The Middle East. One nation at a time. Until it can live in peace with the rest of the world. That is what is going on. If you don't like it, fight it... but you will lose.

*** MOD POST ***

Please stick to the topic folks, and please avoid being rude and/or making personal remarks about other posters.

Thanks.

*** MOD POST ***

Light

Darkdale said:
For us going into Afghanistan and Iraq. For us stepping in to protect them from the Russians. For us stepping in to protect them from Saddam. For us working hard to create peace between Palestine and Israel, believing in both peoples, and believing in the possibility of peace. For believing in the Arab World, for believing that they are our equals, and believing that they deserve freedom.
What:biglaugh:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
The Truth,

Just one question. Do you think Saddam Hussein was a good leader for Iraq, or for his people ? (actually, that's two questions!:D )

Deut 13:1

The Truth said:
ya sure, :rolleyes: Bush said first we found it, we found the evidence that they have a nuclear bomb but what happnned after that?

They decieved the puplic by sending thier sons and daughters to unfair war for the "so called" peace.
Well it works for the Muslims... Go blow up x amount of Jews and win 99 virgins in heaven, or whatever the number is.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Darkdale said:
You hate our government, but not us? Well, that is a majority of Americans that you hate. Enemies of my government, are my enemies. Domestic or Foreign. Really, you are not the type of human I normally associate with.

Wow. I've never seen a mind that could simplify something to such a finite point. Astonishing. Of course, you don't actually think I'm buying that nonsense do you?

Is that what you think Iraq was about? Don't by into the Rhetoric. Our war is against The Middle East. One nation at a time. Until it can live in peace with the rest of the world. That is what is going on. If you don't like it, fight it... but you will lose.
wooow

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
michel said:
The Truth,

Just one question. Do you think Saddam Hussein was a good leader for Iraq,or for his people ? (actually, that's two questions!:D )
Most arabian and Muslims will say NO, me the same.

Nonetheless, what US did made the sitation worse than it was.

They don't understand how those people think and live. they think all people think like americans.

greatcalgarian

Mr Spinkles said:
It seems to me that you just won't accept the fact that a segment of the Muslim community is, in fact, composed of crooks and terrorists...you're always trying to scapegoat the West for the problems and faults of Muslim countries.

No offense intended, just an observation.
I am just emphasizing for the other side, and wait for you to speak for the other camp.:biglaugh:

There are enough publicity on the small segment of Muslim community that are crooks and terrorists. But won't you agree with me that there are also segment of Christian community that are crooks and terrorists as well, but these were only widely publicized in the Muslim world but not in the Christian community?

greatcalgarian

michel said:
The Truth,

Just one question. Do you think Saddam Hussein was a good leader for Iraq, or for his people ? (actually, that's two questions!:D )
No one better than him existed during the reign of his time.:D [Good leader for Iraq, good leader for the Sunnit but bad for the kurds and others]

American liked him in the early period. Only when he thought he has grown strong and powerful enough, and tried to rebel against his American 'boss' and 'king-maker', that he became a bad leader in the eyes of US:biglaugh:

greatcalgarian

Deut 13:1 said:
Well it works for the Muslims... Go blow up x amount of Jews and win 99 virgins in heaven, or whatever the number is.
Keep harping on 99 virgins is not going to spread peace and build understanding between Muslim and the rest of the world.:banghead3

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
greatcalgarian said:
I am just emphasizing for the other side, and wait for you to speak for the other camp.
No, you are dishonestly and cynically distorting the issue by suggesting an absurd equivalency. Were a handful of Christian zealots to go on a rampage rioting and burning down embassies, do you truly doubt that it would be met with an immediate and vociferous repudiation by the major Christian organizations?

greatcalgarian

Jayhawker Soule said:
No, you are dishonestly and cynically distorting the issue by suggesting an absurd equivalency. Were a handful of Christian zealots to go on a rampage rioting and burning down embassies, do you truly doubt that it would be met with an immediate and vociferous repudiation by the major Christian organizations?
Let me digress a bit, and quote the example of Hitler (a Christian, please do not argue on this fact), the terrorist during 2nd WW, the originator of holocaust, doing things worse than rioting and burning down embassies, any immediate and vociferous repudiation by the major Christian organizations?

greatcalgarian

Jayhawker Soule said:
Watch: Who is burning the churches in Alabama? | Read

Let us hear the Pope denounce this? [immediate and vociferous]

greatcalgarian

Jayhawker Soule said:
As world leaders and the editor of the paper that first published the cartoons speculated over how the violence escalated to a level that killed at least 10 people in different countries, Condoleezza Rice pointed the finger at Syria and Iran.

"Iran and Syria have gone out of their way to inflame sentiments and to use this to their own purposes, and the world ought to call them on it," she said at a joint news conference with Israel's foreign minister, Tzipi Livni.
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/02/08/cartoon.protests/index.html

The originator of the whole things is now forgotten, and the present situation finger pointing, culprit finding again landed in Syria and Iran.......

I still like Simpson's view of analogy to the Satanic Verse. Why something not really that significant, finally ended up in such a lot of violence afte three months dormant? My conspiracy instinct tells me that there is a hidden force somewhere that perpetrated the event. Is it the 'Muslim terrorist' or is it the 'American imperialist', attempting to keep the world in unstable state?

greatcalgarian

Jayhawker Soule said:
On Wednesday, the death toll stemming from the violence reached at least 10, as Afghan police shot and killed several of about 600 protesters trying to storm a U.S. military base.

You might be interested to find out whether these death toll of 10 are from the Muslim or Christian community....:highfive:

[the deaths are innocent people in the embassy? or the deaths are those bad bad fanatic demonstrators?]

linwood

greatcalgarian said:

You might be interested to find out whether these death toll of 10 are from the Muslim or Christian community....:highfive:

[the deaths are innocent people in the embassy? or the deaths are those bad bad fanatic demonstrators?]

I don`t see the point.
The 10 deaths are the result of Muslims (for the most part) defending the institutions the rioting Muslims are attacking.

greatcalgarian

Jayhawker Soule said:
Bush appeared with Jordan's King Abdullah II on Wednesday morning, and both urged leaders in affected nations to step in.

"I call upon the governments around the world to stop the violence, to be respectful, to protect property and protect the lives of innocent diplomats who are serving their countries overseas," Bush said, referring to the attacks on Danish and other European embassies in several capitals.

Abdullah condemned the violence as well as anything that "vilifies the Prophet Mohammed" and said there was no problem with protesting as long as demonstrators do it "thoughtfully, articulately, express their views peacefully."
Both Bush and Abdullah condemned the demonstration. Unfortunately when many people read the news, they only read Bush part, and whatever Abdullah said never make any impression in their brain, perhaps they do not know even who this Abdullah is. Is he another Al-Qaeda and friend of Osama?