• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cats....All About Cats

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
can-opener1.jpg

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
We all live many lifetimes.
Reincarnation was understood by the early church.
I do not believe that Christianity has all the truth.
I do not believe in reincarnation. I do not believe that we ever live a life on this earth again after we die physically.
And yes, the exact same Spirit ( Christ ) that was in the man Jesus over 2000 years ago,
is literally the exact same Spirit that is in me today.
I do not believe that but you can believe that if you want to. That is the nature of beliefs, people can believe anything because God gave us free will to choose our beliefs. However beliefs are just beliefs, they are not facts since they cannot be proven.
I mean, what do you think a "Christian" really is ? One just in name only ?
I think a Christian is one who believes in Jesus Christ, that He was sent by God.
"Before long the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me.
Because I live, you also will live.
On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me,
and I am in you " (John 14:19-20)
I do not interpret what Jesus said literally. It is obvious to me that Jesus does not literally live inside of people, so those verses have to mean something else.

I also do not believe that the Holy Spirit LIVES inside of the human body. Entrance and exit, descent and ascent, are characteristics of bodies and not of spirits. Intellectual subtleties and mental realities such as the Holy Spirit do not enter, nor come forth, nor descend into the body, but rather they have direct connection to the body through the soul, which is associated with the mind while we are alive in the physical body.

WhyIsThatSo

Only Jesus knows, although I am sure there are plenty of Christians who will say they know.

I know exactly what He meant.
and any true Christian does as well.
I do not believe that Christianity has all the truth.
I do not believe in reincarnation. I do not believe that we ever live a life on this earth again after we die physically.

I do not believe that but you can believe that if you want to. That is the nature of beliefs, people can believe anything because God gave us free will to choose our beliefs. However beliefs are just beliefs, they are not facts since they cannot be proven.

I think a Christian is one who believes in Jesus Christ, that He was sent by God.
I do not interpret what Jesus said literally. It is obvious to me that Jesus does not literally live inside of people, so those verses have to mean something else.

I also do not believe that the Holy Spirit LIVES inside of the human body. Entrance and exit, descent and ascent, are characteristics of bodies and not of spirits. Intellectual subtleties and mental realities such as the Holy Spirit do not enter, nor come forth, nor descend into the body, but rather they have direct connection to the body through the soul, which is associated with the mind while we are alive in the physical body.

I tell you what then, you just keep on "believing" ( whatever you choose ),
and I will keep on "KNOWING" (the Truth).

And I never suggested that "Jesus" was in me,
but the "Christ"......the Spirit of the Living God that was in Jesus.
you should learn the difference.

WhyIsThatSo

What this means to me is that you've created a god in your own image and believe. That's the only way you could know exactly what He meant. Because you decide what He meant.
Tom

Maybe you are more familiar with this one then,
which is saying the same thing, only in a different way.

" So I went to the angel and told him to give me the LITTLE SCROLL. and he said to me,
"take it and eat it ; it will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as honey"

"So I took the LITTLE SCROLL out of the hand of the angel, and I ate it. and it was sweet as honey
in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach was made bitter." (Revelation 10:9-10)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I know exactly what He meant.
and any true Christian does as well.
Funny thing though, all Christians will not agree what Jesus meant.

So then there you go, just like all the other Christians you claim to be a TRUE Christian, which means that all the other Christians are false. What does that say about you?
I tell you what then, you just keep on "believing" ( whatever you choose ),
and I will keep on "KNOWING" (the Truth).
Spoken just like a TRUE Christian. ONLY *** I *** know the Truth.
And I never suggested that "Jesus" was in me,
but the "Christ"......the Spirit of the Living God that was in Jesus.
you should learn the difference.
I know what Christians believe about the Indwelt Holy Spirit but I do not share those beliefs.
It is just one more way that Christians can feel "special" and "chosen", better than everyone else.

WhyIsThatSo

What it means to me is that he is arrogant.

"I know exactly what He meant."

Look, I'm sure you can't have any problem understanding that when Jesus who was the "Christ",
walked the face of this earth, there was NO such thing as "Christianity".

And, I am certain beyond any shadow of a doubt that He NEVER claimed Himself to be one (Christian).

And this is just "common sense" .

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Look, I'm sure you can't have any problem understanding that when Jesus who was the "Christ",
walked the face of this earth, there was NO such thing as "Christianity".

And, I am certain beyond any shadow of a doubt that He NEVER claimed Himself to be one (Christian).

And this is just "common sense" .
I do know all of that, but how is that related to what I said?

Do you have a point to make?

WhyIsThatSo

I do know all of that, but how is that related to what I said?

Do you have a point to make?

I am not a "Christian", NOT in the way you understand it.
I am "gnostic", and so was Jesus, and ALL the apostles.

Jesus NEVER started ANY KIND of "religion".
The Roman Empire did. Are you unfamiliar with "recorded history" ?

What you see in the world today is actually "antichrist",
the word "antichrist" means 'INSTEAD OF' or 'IN PLACE OF' Christ.

" Little children, it is the last time; and you have heard that antichrist will come, even now are there many antichrist;
that's how we know it is the last time " (John 2:18)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I am not a "Christian", NOT in the way you understand it.
I am "gnostic", and so was Jesus, and ALL the apostles.

Jesus NEVER started ANY KIND of "religion".
The Roman Empire did. Are you unfamiliar with "recorded history" ?

" Little children, it is the last time; and you have heard that antichrist will come, even now are there many antichrist;
I know you are not a Christian in a religious sense, but you are a Christian in another sense because you believe in Jesus Christ and the NT.

All Christians believe only their "brand" of Christianity is the True One, that goes with the territory.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

Regarding the antichrist, you and I are on the same page:

Well might Christ warn His followers that false prophets would arise and misinterpret His teachings so as to delude even the most earnest and intelligent of His believers: from early times Christians have disputed about Christian truth in councils, in sects, in wars.

To sum up, if Christians say “our acts may be wrong,” they say truly. If they say “however our Gospel is right” they are quite wrong. The false prophets have corrupted the Gospel as successfully as they have the deeds and lives of Christian people.

THE FALSE PROPHETS

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I know you are not a Christian in a religious sense, but you are a Christian in another sense because you believe in Jesus Christ and the NT.
Oh yeah.
He's a Christian.
He's the kind of Christian I have to live with on a daily basis.

The kind who will tell you exactly what Jesus means without being able to explain why I should accept his authority as God's Official Spokesman.
Oh yeah.
He's a rather common form of Christian here in southern Indiana.
Tom

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Oh yeah.
He's a Christian.
He's the kind of Christian I have to live with on a daily basis.

The kind who will tell you exactly what Jesus means without being able to explain why I should accept his authority as God's Official Spokesman.
Oh yeah.
He's a rather common form of Christian here in southern Indiana.
Tom
What Christians all have in common is that only they know the Truth and Jesus is the Only Way.
Period.

WhyIsThatSo

Regarding the antichrist, you and I are on the same page:

Well might Christ warn His followers that false prophets would arise and misinterpret His teachings so as to delude even the most earnest and intelligent of His believers: from early times Christians have disputed about Christian truth in councils, in sects, in wars.

To sum up, if Christians say “our acts may be wrong,” they say truly. If they say “however our Gospel is right” they are quite wrong. The false prophets have corrupted the Gospel as successfully as they have the deeds and lives of Christian people.

THE FALSE PROPHETS

Well, excuse me for getting it right, lol

And so we begin......WHAT is the "gospel" OF Jesus, the Christ ?