• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cats > Dogs

Yona

Frum Mastah Flex
Enough said.

black-maine-coon-cat.jpg

Yona

Frum Mastah Flex
Dogs are loyal and protective. Cats are useless.

Psssh, cat's are useless? I had a mouse in my house and my cat killed and ate it and all I had to do was clean up the liver and flush it. There are numerous proofs for the superiority of cats over dogs. DOGS are the ones whom are useless. Do you have to bath a cat? No, do you have to walk a cat? No, do you have to train a cat? No, not mentioning the fact that cats have superior personalities (by and large) than dogs and also being vastly more intelligent. Catz pwn.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Cats rule, dogs drool.

Never heard in the news of a housecat mauling a kid to death, like some dogs here have.
Never been kept up all night by a cat barking, and had to call the cops on the owner.

Erebus

No, not mentioning the fact that cats have superior personalities (by and large) than dogs and also being vastly more intelligent. Catz pwn.

HAHA! cheers for the laugh :p

I actually like both cats and dogs for different reasons, but in terms of personality and intelligence, dogs win hands down.

Midnight Pete

Cats and dogs should be evaluated on their individual merits. They say that dog people favour dogs and cat people favour cats. I'd love to have a dog, but for an apartment dweller like myself a cat is easier. The one I adopted is an adult female, a black & white "Tuexdo" cat. Doesn't answer to Dixie but that is her name.

:kat: :puppy:

Midnight Pete

HAHA! cheers for the laugh :p

I actually like both cats and dogs for different reasons, but in terms of personality and intelligence, dogs win hands down.

I also like both animals for different reasons, but just because they won't do tricks for you doesn't mean the feline is of lesser intelligence or for that matter lacking in personality compared to its canine counterpart. I think what you're referring to is a basic difference in tempeament and spirit. Cats tonguebathe and dogs are unconcerned with personal hygiene. A dog will consume its own vomit and feces. A dog will happily roll around in the mud. But dogs are not passive-aggressive. Dogs will not deposit feces or vomit where you lie down as a means of expressing displeasure.

Last edited:

Erebus

I also like both animals for different reasons, but just because they won't do tricks for you doesn't mean the feline is of lesser intelligence or for that matter lacking in personality compared to its canine counterpart. I think what you're referring to is a basic difference in tempeament and spirit. Cats tonguebathe and dogs are unconcerned with personal hygiene. A dog will consume its own vomit and feces. A dog will happily roll around in the mud. But dogs are not passive-aggressive. Dogs will not deposit feces or vomit where you lie down as a means of expressing displeasure.

The intelligence of cats and dogs is actually hotly debated. Research shows that dogs are more capable of learning to interact with humans, while cats are more independent. Both are signs of intelligence, but since the animals are so different to each other, it's a case of apples and oranges. Still, since I own a dog, I have to maintain that dogs are more intelligent ;)

Even without the question of intelligence, I definitely have to say that dogs have much more personality than cats (I've owned both). In a way, dogs think and behave in a more human way than cats, making them easier to relate to.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Psssh, cat's are useless? I had a mouse in my house and my cat killed and ate it and all I had to do was clean up the liver and flush it.
A terrier will kill mice for you too, if that's what you're after.

No, do you have to train a cat? No,
The fact that people have realized that training a cat is more trouble than it's worth isn't really a plus for the cat, you know.

Never heard in the news of a housecat mauling a kid to death, like some dogs here have.
Never been kept up all night by a cat barking, and had to call the cops on the owner.
I've never heard of anyone being mauled to death or kept up all night by a Royal Doulton figurine, either.

Actually, I think that's a good analogy for a cat: a useless (and IMO rather prissy) living room decoration that appeals to an aesthetic sense that I don't share or even understand. However, there's one big difference: the Royal Doulton figurine doesn't poop.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Cats rule, dogs drool.

I've also never heard of a cat saving its owners when the house is on fire.

So, what you're saying is you don't like dogs because of their owners?

Cats are better if you don't want to get as attached, and you just want something around once in a while so that you're not really lonely. Dogs are better if you want an actual little furry friend with whom you can interact and get attached to. Yes, dogs need more training, in general, but that's because they're a part of your life on a daily basis.

Hagbard

My mother in law has this to say on the subject (you should read this with a thick Puerto Rican accent):

"The dog, he looks at his owner and thinks, "wow this guy brings me food and water, he gives me a place to live, he plays with me and loves me no matter what...he must be God!"

"The cat, she looks at her owner and thinks, "wow this guy brings me food and water, he gives me a place to live, he plays with me and loves me no matter what...I must be God!"

This is the difference between the cat and the dog."

TurkeyOnRye

Dogs naturally stink.
I've rarely found any dog that I can pet without getting their dank, body musk on my hands. For this reason, it boggles my mind how anyone with a marginally functioning nose can do such things as "rough house" with their dogs and not bother taking a shower after the encounter. My cat's fur, on the other hand, smells like a rainforest with slight floral undertones.

As for training.. the degree of difficulty to train any animal is directly proportional to your understanding of them, and subsequently your desire to spend the required resources needed to modify their behavior based on that understanding. Lots of owners complain and complain and complain about what their pets "should" be doing, which I think is rather naive.

Walkntune

Cats rule, dogs drool.

Cats have been known to suffocate babies. They are prideful and arrogant and lack in humility and loyalty.I have also been kept all night by a cat in heat.:D

tomato1236

Ninja Master
Enough said.

Agreed. For the following reasons:

Cats have softer fur.
Cats do not drool (unless they're nasty mangey cats).
Cats eat less.
Cats bury their poo, go indoors, and require no help.
Cats are quieter.
Cats are cuddlier.
Cats don't sniff your crotch, and if they do, you don't notice.
Cats are cute.
Cats meow.
Cats catch mice.
Cats don't require bathing.
Cats don't smell.
Cats try to attack you from under the door by sticking their paw under there.
Cats tuck their little feet underneath them when they sit down.
Cats aren't prone to arthritis.
Cats play fetch, too.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Cats are better if you don't want to get as attached, and you just want something around once in a while so that you're not really lonely.
Then you haven't met the right cats ^_^
My first cat Vash and are cat Mittens are both cat that really like to snuggle ad all most won't live you alone.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I like both cats and dogs(though more of a cat person). I think it all depends on the animal and not just the species.