• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge for Those that believe that the World is more than 1 second old. Prove it! No assumptions allowed!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
But but I have this infallible book, also created 1 second ago, that says everything was created 1 second ago.
And the book itself says it's infallible. So there....
B6HpQ3bIMAACpp7.jpg

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The problem of having one book...
That is why Buddha made so many
1696425503382.png

Tripitaka Koreana - Wikipedia

Each wood block (page) measures 24 centimetres in height and 70 centimetres (9.4 in × 27.6 in) in length.[3] The thickness of the blocks ranges from 2.6 to 4 centimetres (1.0–1.6 in) and each weighs about three to four kilograms. The woodblocks would be almost as tall as Mount Baekdu at 2.74 km (1.70 mi) if stacked and would measure 60 km (37 mi) long if lined up, and weigh 280 tons in total.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
The earth has existed for roughly 40 yrs imo. Anyone with any sense knows there is no proof.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The earth has existed for roughly 40 yrs imo. Anyone with any sense knows there is no proof.
Then why would any sane person believe that? And if a God did that and planted false evidence and false memories that would be a form of lying. It really makes no sense to believe that at all if you can look at it rationally. If something happened to you that makes you think this is true it is far more likely that you either badly misinterpreted and event or are even delusional.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Then why would any sane person believe that? And if a God did that and planted false evidence and false memories that would be a form of lying. It really makes no sense to believe that at all if you can look at it rationally. If something happened to you that makes you think this is true it is far more likely that you either badly misinterpreted and event or are even delusional.
Ok

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Just one quick correction. There is no suggestion that the universe is constantly one second old. That makes it like a photograph or a frame from a movie. To be analogous to the YEC claim it would have been created one second before the OP was written and is now getting older as time goes by. It's a variation on "last-Tuesdayism", and is indeed irrefutable as all our memories and so on would have been created at the same point.

OK, carry on.

Bthoth

Yes fellow RF-er let's try this. Let's prove, if you can, that the world is more than 1 second old without making assumptions!
For otherwise the world is just 1 second old....is it not??
Evidence: you wrote the lines above yesterday as recorded on the opening post.

SavedByTheLord

Yep, no one has proven that the Earth is older than one second using your rather silly standards. That should tell you something.
Actually I have done that a number of times today but it is silly,
Is that a silly counterexample.

Look at the layers of rock of the Grand Canyon and all the canyons around the world.
Behold the result of the worldwide flood.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Actually I have done that a number of times today but it is silly,
Is that a silly counterexample.

Look at the layers of rock of the Grand Canyon and all the canyons around the world.
Behold the result of the worldwide flood.
LMAO! No, you are in the wrong thread. You appear to have gotten lost somehow. Go read the OP of this thread. And no, the Grand Canyon is evidence against the flood. I can show you how if you would like to learn.

But you need to remember that you do not even understand the concept of "evidence". That gives us a bit of a problem. Are you willing to learn what is and what is not evidence yet?

SavedByTheLord

LMAO! No, you are in the wrong thread. You appear to have gotten lost somehow. Go read the OP of this thread. And no, the Grand Canyon is evidence against the flood. I can show you how if you would like to learn.

But you need to remember that you do not even understand the concept of "evidence". That gives us a bit of a problem. Are you willing to learn what is and what is not evidence yet?
There is a little thing that you used to be able to get at a science hobby store.
It is a clear tube filled with water and sediment of different size grains. Shake it up as much as you want and it will always settle into the same layers every time.
Behold the canyons and their rock layers, the proof of the worldwide flood about 4500 years ago.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is a little thing that you used to be able to get at a science hobby store.
It is a clear tube filled with water and sediment of different size grains. Shake it up as much as you want and it will always settle into the same layers every time.
Behold the canyons and their rock layers, the proof of the worldwide flood about 4500 years ago.
Like I said you have no understanding of the sciences at all. That simple observation does not help you. Would you like to see a picture of a tributary to the Grand Canyon that clearly refutes your beliefs?

SavedByTheLord

Like I said you have no understanding of the sciences at all. That simple observation does not help you. Would you like to see a picture of a tributary to the Grand Canyon that clearly refutes your beliefs?
You cannot be so blind to think that the tributary carved out the Grand Canyon.