• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge for Those that believe that the World is more than 1 second old. Prove it! No assumptions allowed!

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Actually I have done that a number of times today but it is silly,
Is that a silly counterexample.

Look at the layers of rock of the Grand Canyon and all the canyons around the world.
Behold the result of the worldwide flood.
Nope, not even close.
All you do is make bold empty claims, then you ignore everything that show you are just flat out point blank wrong, then claim victory, then rinse and repeat.

SavedByTheLord

Nope, not even close.
All you do is make bold empty claims, then you ignore everything that show you are just flat out point blank wrong, then claim victory, then rinse and repeat.
Proven by the facts of course.

Why are there living fossils?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Yes. Because they were created recently.

It is their absence in the rock layers that is a very big problem.
And of course they should have evolved since.
So both refute your explanation.
What explanation?
I have not wasted my time giving you an explanation.

Thus you are again bearing false witness.

SavedByTheLord

What explanation?
I have not wasted my time giving you an explanation.

Thus you are again bearing false witness.
Stop falsely accusing me.

Where are all the remains of all the people that have died? Where are all their artifacts? If mankind has been around for 100,000 years, there must be a lot more than has been found. Why?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Stop falsely accusing me.

Where are all the remains of all the people that have died? Where are all their artifacts? If mankind has been around for 100,000 years, there must be a lot more than has been found. Why?
I am not falsly accusing you .
I am pointing out where you bear false witness.
If you wish for me to stop pointing it out, stop bearing it.
Simple really.

SavedByTheLord

I am not falsly accusing you .
I am pointing out where you bear false witness.
If you wish for me to stop pointing it out, stop bearing it.
Simple really.
More false accusations again. You really cannot answer anything.

There are inconsistencies in the radioactive dating results of many things. So isochron dating has been used. But even then, there are many large discrepancies. Why?

The inconsistencies in the dating of things and in all “clocks” used to set the age of things can be simply explained if some miraculous events occurred. These would be 6-day creation, the fall of man and the curse on creation and the worldwide flood about 4500 years ago.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
More false accusations again.
You should really stop doing it

You really cannot answer anything.
You really should work on your lack of impulse control.

There are inconsistencies in the radioactive dating results of many things. So isochron dating has been used. But even then, there are many large discrepancies. Why?
Source?

The inconsistencies in the dating of things and in all “clocks” used to set the age of things can be simply explained if some miraculous events occurred. These would be 6-day creation, the fall of man and the curse on creation and the worldwide flood about 4500 years ago.
Source?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
While the 0ne second question is interesting,, and probably unprovable.
I am fairly certain my world started the moment I was born.

Quantum theory would suggest that only energy and uncertainty is needed to account for everything. Including
the fundamental forces and fields demonstrated in electromagnetism. And the implicit nature of uncertainty and chance that pervades everything including evolution and life itself.

As has been shown quantum Computing can complete billions of steps at the same time, it has no need to work consecutively.
In the same way quantum biology has shown that evolution is a quantum process. The answer to an evolutionary problem can be completed in a few steps or even a single step, rather than thousands of consecutive ones as might be supposed.

Taken to the extreme, we and all we see , might just be a quirk of chance in the energy flow.
In another second we might be long gone.

Last edited:

SavedByTheLord

While the 0ne second question is interesting,, and probably unprovable.
I am fairly certain my world started the moment I was born.

Quantum theory would suggest that only energy and uncertainty is needed to account for everything. Including
the fundamental forces and fields demonstrated in electromagnetism. And the implicit nature of uncertainty and chance that pervades everything including evolution and life itself.

As has been shown quantum Computing can complete billions of steps at the same time, it has no need to work consecutively.
In the same way quantum biology has shown that evolution is a quantum process. The answer to an evolutionary problem can be completed in a few steps or even a single step, rather than thousands of consecutive ones as might be supposed.

Taken to the extreme, we and all we see , might just be a quirk of chance in the energy flow.
In another second we might be long gone.
Were your parents deceived?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Were your parents deceived?

As far as I am concerned everything prior to my birth is hearsay and unprovable
I certainly did not witness it.

My parents would probably have supposed that nothing proceeded their own birth.
It is not a question that I ever asked them.
Even on paper I can not see any evidence that my family existed prior to the 17 century
As I can not see even on second into the past before I was born. It might well have been the point when those record came into existence.

SavedByTheLord

As far as I am concerned everything prior to my birth is hearsay and unprovable
I certainly did not witness it.

My parents would probably have supposed that nothing proceeded their own birth.
It is not a question that I ever asked them.
Even on paper I can not see any evidence that my family existed prior to the 17 century
As I can not see even on second into the past before I was born. It might well have been the point when those record came into existence.
Sounds strange,

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Evidence: you wrote the lines above yesterday as recorded on the opening post.
You assume that the universe was not simply created a second ago with all previous posts date stamped as is seen this second...including your memories of those things

No assumptions allowed! ;)

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually I have done that a number of times today but it is silly,
Is that a silly counterexample.

Look at the layers of rock of the Grand Canyon and all the canyons around the world.
Behold the result of the worldwide flood.
You assume that the universe was not created a second ago with all those features already built in.

No assumptions allowed!

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Just one quick correction. There is no suggestion that the universe is constantly one second old. That makes it like a photograph or a frame from a movie. To be analogous to the YEC claim it would have been created one second before the OP was written and is now getting older as time goes by. It's a variation on "last-Tuesdayism", and is indeed irrefutable as all our memories and so on would have been created at the same point.

OK, carry on.
My thesis is more radical that that. To prove without assumptions that the universe is more than 1 second old whenever you are reading this!
Currently the universe is 1 second old and was created with the OP post datestamped as if it is a few days old and associated memories.
And so on.

SavedByTheLord

My thesis is more radical that that. To prove without assumptions that the universe is more than 1 second old whenever you are reading this!
Currently the universe is 1 second old and was created with the OP post datestamped as if it is a few days old and associated memories.
And so on.
I did prove that a few times yesterday easily but I stopped because it was stupid.
Your false analogy is proof you cannot meet the simple challenge I gave.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I did prove that a few times yesterday easily but I stopped because it was stupid.
Your false analogy is proof you cannot meet the simple challenge I gave.
You keep claiming to have proven something when all you did was make bold empty claims.
Which includes the claim of proving something.