• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Evolutionist:

Heneni

Miss Independent
Speciation.

wa:do

I dont know...i think you will have to post a few links..like you alwasy do. And i would have to be sure that the research was verified and hopefully compiled by a creationist. Evolutionists like to 'find' evidence where there is none. The entire evolution theory is based on evidence in hind site.

Its so easy to say...i dont know why we are here...lets come up with a theory. Even if there are plants and animals evolving...not that i say there is...but if there were ..i would never ever concede that humand evolved.

Heneni

HA!!!!!!!!!!!HA!!!! HA!!!!
1.the first question was not about poofing, but i will restate it, do you believe that the dinosaurs died in the flood?
2.This second listing does not make any sense but, I will speak about the second sentence. Are you sure it is a human foot print , and how old is it?
3. Do you support biblical inerrancy?

Radiometrics Potassium-Argon dating- the only viable technique for dating very old archaeological materials. Geologists have used it to date rocks as much as 4 billion years old. It is based on the fact that some of the radioactive isotope of Potassium (K-40),decays to gas Argon (Ar-40).By comparing the proportion of K-40 to Ar-40 in a sample of volcanic rock, and knowing the decay rate of K-40, the date that the rock formed can be determined.Potassium(K) is one of the most abundant elements in the earth's crust (2.4% by mass)

I will continue this in a later post.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Is God a God of tricks and lies?

If God made man in his image, special apart from all others... why are we 98% chimpanzee?

Or is God lazy? Did he miss that detail?

Scientists havent even been able to figure out most of our DNA. Shall we leave the 98% chimpanzee theory until we have been able to at least mostly come to grips with the entire DNA strand?

I would like to be called a chimpanzee until i know what the rest of the DNA is all about. Maybe im 2% chimpanzee and 98% human.

Is God a God of tricks and lies?

If God made man in his image, special apart from all others... why are we 98% chimpanzee?

Or is God lazy? Did he miss that detail?

I think God should be happy with our development over time. We evolve for the same reason that we learn. God wants us to develop. The parent wants the child to do well in competition. We cannot understand his greatness to see how he wanted to create a creature that would *change* for the better over time. And he probably saw the fall of mankind knew it would be better if we could evolve.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Evolutionists like to 'find' evidence where there is none. The entire evolution theory is based on evidence in hind site.
You know these things how?

Are you competent to judge what is evidence, and what evolutionary theory is based on?

Heneni said:
Its so easy to say...i dont know why we are here...lets come up with a theory. Even if there are plants and animals evolving...not that i say there is...but if there were ..i would never ever concede that humand evolved.
Well, above all things, it's your open-mindedness, and willingness to accept evidence that I love about you.

NO intelligent person believes that we came from a chimpanzee. And no Evolutionist says that . Plus, do you really think that coming from the dirt is better than coming from an ape-LIKE creature?LOL!
Do you uphold biblical inerrancy Heneni? I still await your answers to my questions. All three Heneni.

Last edited:

Heneni

Miss Independent
HA!!!!!!!!!!!HA!!!! HA!!!!
1.the first question was not about poofing, but i will restate it, do you believe that the dinosaurs died in the flood?
2.This second listing does not make any sense but, I will speak about the second sentence. Are you sure it is a human foot print , and how old is it?
3. Do you support biblical inerrancy?

Radiometrics Potassium-Argon dating- the only viable technique for dating very old archaeological materials. Geologists have used it to date rocks as much as 4 billion years old. It is based on the fact that some of the radioactive isotope of Potassium (K-40),decays to gas Argon (Ar-40).By comparing the proportion of K-40 to Ar-40 in a sample of volcanic rock, and knowing the decay rate of K-40, the date that the rock formed can be determined.Potassium(K) is one of the most abundant elements in the earth's crust (2.4% by mass)

I will continue this in a later post.

Why does this method make it any better and more reliable than carbon dating? You already saying that it has found rocks that are 4 billion years old.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Scientists havent even been able to figure out most of our DNA. Shall we leave the 98% chimpanzee theory until we have been able to at least mostly come to grips with the entire DNA strand?
So you haven't heard of the fact that we have sequenced the whole Human and Chimpanzee DNA sequence?
We got the full Human genome in 2003 and the full Chimp genome in 2005.

Human Genome Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chimpanzee genome project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We can compare the Human and Chimpanzee side by side.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I think God should be happy with our development over time. We evolve for the same reason that we learn. God wants us to develop. The parent wants the child to do well in competition. We cannot understand his greatness to see how he wanted to create a creature that would *change* for the better over time. And he probably saw the fall of mankind knew it would be better if we could evolve.
I agree.
I am however glad that my religion doesn't have the "dirt" thing going on though. We realized that Animals were our 'brothers' and 'sisters' long ago.

Yerda

Veteran Member

I would like to be called a chimpanzee until i know what the rest of the DNA is all about. Maybe im 2% chimpanzee and 98% human.
You're all human. It just happens that 98% (or something roughly like that) of our DNA is shared with our chimp cousins. Now if a wee bit like 2% can make the difference between a chimp and a human, why would you find it difficult to believe organisms have evolved over time given that mutation rates could bring that about in a relatively short time?

The genetic change difference between wolves and our pet dog breeds is minute. Yet look how different they are. Wee change in genome can mean big change in physiology.

Heneni

Miss Independent
So you haven't heard of the fact that we have sequenced the whole Human and Chimpanzee DNA sequence?
We got the full Human genome in 2003 and the full Chimp genome in 2005.

Human Genome Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chimpanzee genome project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We can compare the Human and Chimpanzee side by side.

And they thought the earth was flat too. There is absolutely no that something as complex as the DNA strand can be fully understood. The code is so complex that it will fill many volumes of books. There is still much study to be done on DNA.

Heneni

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Only the very religious who had leaders saying it was, believed the Earth was flat.
Even the Egyptians knew the Earth was round and very nearly how big it was.

Heneni

Miss Independent
NO intelligent person believes that we came from a chimpanzee. And no Evolutionist says that . Plus, do you really think that coming from the dirt is better than coming from an ape-LIKE creature?LOL!
Do you uphold biblical inerrancy Heneni? I still await your answers to my questions. All three Heneni.

Im not on trial here.

Answer to your questions:

1. The bible has some errors in it. And NO it does not have errors about creation in it

2. I dont know if the dinasours were wiped out with the flood. Maybe they were, maybe they werent.

3. I dont know what question three was...

Heneni

Miss Independent
Only the very religious who had leaders saying it was, believed the Earth was flat.
Even the Egyptians knew the Earth was round and very nearly how big it was.

If you say so. I cant unfortunately believe everything you say. I have reasoned with you before in other threads, and though you are a lovely person, you change your tune every now and then. Its rather frustrating.

Heneni

Miss Independent
You're all human. It just happens that 98% (or something roughly like that) of our DNA is shared with our chimp cousins. Now if a wee bit like 2% can make the difference between a chimp and a human, why would you find it difficult to believe organisms have evolved over time given that mutation rates could bring that about in a relatively short time?

The genetic change difference between wolves and our pet dog breeds is minute. Yet look how different they are. Wee change in genome can mean big change in physiology.

Any scientific theory that is worth its gold, is able to predict what will happen in the future, based on current data and scientific evidence.

For example if something is thrown off a building we dont have to wonder if its going to come down, we know it is.

So if evolution is REALLY a scientific FACT...then they should be able to predict what we will evolve into next?

Any ideas?

Heneni

Miss Independent
so... is God tricking us biologists?

Civilization has advanced from utter primitiveness to incredible mind-boggling achievements in just a little over 100 years. So why didn't mankind discover any of this stuff 100,000,000 years ago, or 100,000 years ago for that matter?

I think biologists are trying to trick god out of his god-given title of creator.

Heneni