• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Evolutionist:

Heneni

Miss Independent
Explain to me, why if we have been evolving for millions of years, have we only recently discovered to wash our hands to not get infections?

And why if we have been evolving for millions of years, have we only recently discovered that a lack of vitamin C is bad for us.

And all of this happened in the last few hundred years. Were we brain dead all those millions of years then?

Even a chimpanzee can think.:shrug:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Civilization has advanced from utter primitiveness to incredible mind-boggling achievements in just a little over 100 years. So why didn't mankind discover any of this stuff 100,000,000 years ago, or 100,000 years ago for that matter?
well, we did exist 100,000,000 years ago... we show up around 200,000 years ago.
100,000 years ago we were still to worried about being eaten by cave bears to worry about how to build a DNA scanning machine. ;)

I think biologists are trying to trick god out of his god-given title of creator.
Then you need to rethink biologists.
I honestly don't see why people find magical poofing more meaningful than God crafting life through the crucible of evolutionary processes.
Perhaps its because I can't think of Creator as deceitful or a bad crafts-person.

wa:do

Civilization has advanced from utter primitiveness to incredible mind-boggling achievements in just a little over 100 years. So why didn't mankind discover any of this stuff 100,000,000 years ago, or 100,000 years ago for that matter?

I think biologists are trying to trick god out of his god-given title of creator.

Heneni
To everyone:Human history is dated less than 11,000 years and more than 8000. Not 100,000.

Heneni

Miss Independent
well, we did exist 100,000,000 years ago... we show up around 200,000 years ago.
100,000 years ago we were still to worried about being eaten by cave bears to worry about how to build a DNA scanning machine. ;)

:redcard: No...there is NO conclusive evidence that humans existed prior to 4000BC. And none of the carbon dating 'evidence' is good enough. Its flawed at best!

The biblical creation story has inconsistencies in it. Was the man and woman created last as Ch.1 explictily states.
Or were they created before somethings, as Ch.2 explicitly says?

:redcard: No...there is NO conclusive evidence that humans existed prior to 4000BC. And none of the carbon dating 'evidence' is good enough. Its flawed at best!
Prove that it is flawed. And state which kind of dating, and what elements are used, and what they are dating.
Let's stick to radiometric dating ,K-(40)Comp. Ar-(40), please.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
ok...one last one before bed.

Explain to me, why if we have been evolving for millions of years, have we only recently discovered to wash our hands to not get infections?
Hey you Europeans had some funny ideas... we were doing brain surgery over here and were quite up with preventing infections. You should have listened to Egyptians when they suggested using honey on wounds.

And why if we have been evolving for millions of years, have we only recently discovered that a lack of vitamin C is bad for us.
How recently are you talking? Because we over here and the Australian natives knew about it. We didn't call it vitamin C but we knew you needed to eat foods that had it.

And all of this happened in the last few hundred years. Were we brain dead all those millions of years then?
I think you'll find the knowledge of preventing scurvy is older than one hundred years.
The same goes for a lot of knowlege... some people however find reasons to ignore evidence and replace it with magic.

Even a chimpanzee can think.
And they have medicinal plants too.
Really Wild Remedies-Medicinal Plant Use by Animals - National Zoo| FONZ

:sleep:The bible calls a scab "dark hair" and pus "white hair"
And states that women will be infected loger after giving birth to boys than giving birth to girls.

Heneni

Miss Independent
So we have a christian evolutionist, who doesnt think the bible is worth much, and we have a biologist who uses the word 'we' like she is talking for the entire scientific community.

Is there anybody REAL out there??? ECO ECOO......

Its a strange world after all:D

Painted wolf...you are confusing adaptation with evolution, because evolutionists were DESPERATE for SOME current evidence of evolution.

So...lets say your mosquito's are really an example of evolution painted wolf, and not adapatation.....how come they are evolving so quickly and the rest of the creatures are evolving over billions/millions of years? Could it be that this is a scam to prove evolution? Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

Heneni

Last edited:

Heneni

Miss Independent
Prove that it is flawed. And state which kind of dating, and what elements are used, and what they are dating.
Let's stick to radiometric dating ,K-(40)Comp. Ar-(40), please.

Prove that carbon dating is flawed? You've just asked me to prove that cars cant fly. We all know they cant fly. We would love if they could fly. We can pretend that they can fly. And we would love it if carbon dating was accurate and 100% infallable...but its not.

So what makes radiometric dating special? I can read by the way....if its on wiki you dont have to explain.

What was it that you were trying to say about micro-evolution, and god as the creator and radiometrics....what was it that you felt you wanted to debate? And when are you going to tell us about the dinasours and the flood? Im eager to hear about that.

camanintx

I know that an inprint of a human foot and a dinasour foot was found together in a rock.
If I stepped on a dinosaur footprint today and left my own imprint, would you then claim that as proof that dinosaurs still exist?

camanintx

Prove that carbon dating is flawed? You've just asked me to prove that cars cant fly. We all know they cant fly. We would love if they could fly. We can pretend that they can fly. And we would love it if carbon dating was accurate and 100% infallable...but its not.
Then it should be fairly easy for you to explain why the majority of trained geologists and archeologists are wrong when they use carbon dating to estimate the age of objects.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
See kids, this is why religious fundamentalism is dangerous; it brainwashes you into being an unthinking, unreasoning robot, blindly and stubbornly sticking to preconceived notions even long after they've been refuted. Willful ignorance, self deceit, intellectual dishonestly and blatant hypocrisy is all they have to offer. It's quite an embarrassing display, really. It's like watching a train wreck, which I think I'm better off just putting on ignore and being done with it. I love good debate, but it becomes rather futile and tiresome when you relentlessly beat someone over the head with all the evidence and logic in the world and yet they still mindlessly lurch forth in their delusions like a zombie. First time I've ever used the ignore list, so congrats.

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Painted wolf...you are confusing adaptation with evolution, because evolutionists were DESPERATE for SOME current evidence of evolution.
And Creationists are desperate to deny the evidence of 150 years of work, so much so that they claim that No new species form... then when shown they are wrong they change the goalposts and claim that it doesn't count.
What pray tell is the difference between adaptation and evolution?

So...lets say your mosquito's are really an example of evolution painted wolf, and not adapatation.....how come they are evolving so quickly and the rest of the creatures are evolving over billions/millions of years? Could it be that this is a scam to prove evolution? Desperate times calls for desperate measures.
See Mosquitos like most insects don't live very long... you can have several generations per year.. this means that they change relatively quickly compared to us slow growing critters like mammals.
All evolution is.. is adaptation over time.

And I'm sorry I'm only talking for the 99% of biologists who actually do science. 98% of the rest of scientists. ;)

I'm sorry you think we are all out to scam you... but its just not true. There have plenty of hard working Christian Biologists like Ken Miller. I'm sure if found evidence against evolution he would be very vocal about it.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
If a fair maiden kisses a frog which instantly changes into a handsome prince we would call it a fairy tale. But if the frog takes 40 million years to turn into a prince we call it evolution.

Would you please explain what on earth you're talking about? Thank you.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
A frog turning into a human after millions of years is as sign of the evolution of the slow.

In the last six thousand years we have gone from no technology to landing on mars and having rovers on another planet.

And somebody thinks that we took BILLIONS of years to evolve, when in the last few hundred years alone we have done incredible things?

So...did our brain evolve 6 thousand years ago? Or is somebody just trying to get people away from the 'god' of creation by coming up with some stupid theory that we evolved from some form of live that would ironically only start using its brain in the last few thousand years of its existance. If we used our brains for the last million years or so...we would be far more advanced than we are know. So are we becoming smarter? Is there any scienctific evidence that we are becoming smarter? No there isnt. So what were we doing with our brains the last few million years? Lets say we became human in the last million years. Thats still ONE million years of no good brain power. Evolution is for people who like to believe in fairy tales.

Heneni

So your gripe with evolution is that you think it's too slow?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
No get of YOUR high horse. I wasnt even talking to you. And if you want to consider the evolution theory then please do post scritpure to prove it. Otherwise dont call it christian, call it 'my theory'.

Its a bit presumptious to think that you can even call it 'christian'.
I guess that depends on whether you think Christianity needs to be consistent with reality or not.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Usually, even a non-Christian knows something about the earth, the heavens, and the other elements of this world, about the motion and orbit of the stars and even their size and relative positions, about the predictable eclipses of the sun and moon, the cycles of the years and the seasons, about the kinds of animals, shrubs, stones, and so forth, and this knowledge he hold to as being certain from reason and experience. Now, it is a disgraceful and dangerous thing for an infidel to hear a Christian, presumably giving the meaning of Holy Scripture, talking nonsense on these topics; and we should take all means to prevent such an embarrassing situation, in which people show up vast ignorance in a Christian and laugh it to scorn. The shame is not so much that an ignorant individual is derided, but that people outside the household of faith think our sacred writers held such opinions, and, to the great loss of those for whose salvation we toil, the writers of our Scripture are criticized and rejected as unlearned men. If they find a Christian mistaken in a field which they themselves know well and hear him maintaining his foolish opinions about our books, how are they going to believe those books in matters concerning the resurrection of the dead, the hope of eternal life, and the kingdom of heaven, when they think their pages are full of falsehoods and on facts which they themselves have learnt from experience and the light of reason? Reckless and incompetent expounders of Holy Scripture bring untold trouble and sorrow on their wiser brethren when they are caught in one of their mischievous false opinions and are taken to task by those who are not bound by the authority of our sacred books. For then, to defend their utterly foolish and obviously untrue statements, they will try to call upon Holy Scripture for proof and even recite from memory many passages which they think support their position, although they understand neither what they say nor the things about which they make assertion.
St. Augustine