• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Convoy claiming to be ‘God’s army’ heading to Texas to protest border crisis: ‘Biblical, monumental moment’

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I am sure Jesus would not consider lawlessness and the exploitation of men, women and children through human trafficking or deadly drugs coming across the border, by cartels and corrupt government officials to be … “caring for the least of these”.

So, allowing people in need and watching them drown is what Jesus would have taught? How is that in any way a reflection of Christian teachings? How does it reflect the love and compassion that Jesus taught? How is this in any way "In Christ"?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I dont give a solitary damm what you think my credibility is.
That is painfully obvious.
Most people do care about their credibility.
Good to know that you are not one of them.

I'm siding with those who actually respect the Constitution and the protections of this country and it's citizens.
Even if it has to be shoved down their throats by the courts?
You know, like Gov Abbott?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
No. Just showing what Democrats alone view as being a lawful crossing of 'immigrants' applying for citizenship.
It used to be lawful. But if it's against the law, then to me those who obey the law, become productive and pay their taxes and pay a fine should be eligible.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That is painfully obvious.
Most people do care about their credibility.
Good to know that you are not one of them.
I'll take that as a huge badge of honor since it comes from the camp of totally worthless leftest sympathizers that do nothing but spit on the people they are supposed to protect and instead, intentionally sends countless illegals to create chaos on the citizens it flatly refuses to protect.

Good to know I'm not one of them either and I never hope to be called credible by the likes of the left ever. I wouldn't stoop so low as to meet the pathetic standards of credibility the left puts out.

Go Texas!

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I am sure Jesus would not consider lawlessness and the exploitation of men, women and children through human trafficking or deadly drugs coming across the border, by cartels and corrupt government officials to be … “caring for the least of these”.

Those are quite the mental gymnastics. Don't throw your back out.

Twilight Hue

I certainly don’t think it justifies drowning children. I don’t know about the use of razor wire, but some type of barrier seems legitimate.
I highly doubt the cartels care about all the harm that occurs to children or anyone they are charging exorbitant amounts to bring across.
The left keeps encouraging this stuff and egging illegals to come across by destroying the barriers that are effectively stopping them. They call this as doing their job.

Of course this in turn strengthens the cartels and increases the resolve to bring even more people across and make them more profits strengthening the cartels even more than ever.

So the traitorous Biden administration is essentially and willingly supporting the cartels instead of discouraging them and stopping their money flow by severely stemming the flow of illegals that are clearly ruining this country.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I'll take that as a huge badge of honor since it comes from the camp of totally worthless leftest sympathizers that do nothing but spit on the people they are supposed to protect and instead, intentionally sends countless illegals to create chaos on the citizens it flatly refuses to protect.

Good to know I'm not one of them either and I never hope to be called credible by the likes of the left ever. I wouldn't stoop so low as to meet the pathetic standards of credibility the left puts out.

Go Texas!
Spin it however you need to.

I did notice how you completely ignored the rest of the post:

Even if it has to be shoved down their throats by the courts?​
You know, like Gov Abbott?​

Twilight Hue

But the immigrants pose no threat to this country, indeed, their labor would benefit us.
I think it's gone well past the labor aspect.

The problem wouldn't be those who are generally looking for a new life and are obeying the laws , the problem is the crowds of illegals which in that crowd there are terrorists that have been confirmed and many coming from countries that hate our guts , not to mention disease , viruses , and such if they're not vetted properly that are posing the most danger to the citizens living here.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I think it's gone well past the labor aspect.

The problem wouldn't be those who are generally looking for a new life and are obeying the laws , the problem is the crowds of illegals which in that crowd there are terrorists that have been confirmed and many coming from countries that hate our guts , not to mention disease , viruses , and such if they're not vetted properly that are posing the most danger to the citizens living here.
The bit in bold: what the heck are you talking about?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You should really read the news as well as the people in charge down there who released the statistics.

Yeah... those CBP stats don't say what you're suggesting they do.

Edit: though part of the problem apparently comes from you credulously accepting crap from the Washington Examiner. Find a real news source and your opinions will be better informed.

Twilight Hue

Yeah... those CBP stats don't say what you're suggesting they do.

Edit: though part of the problem apparently comes from you credulously accepting crap from the Washington Examiner. Find a real news source and your opinions will be better informed.
Just because you don't like the source doesn't mean the information isn't true.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Just because you don't like the source doesn't mean the information isn't true.

If you don't believe me, click through to CBP's own stat page linked in the article. A couple of things to realize:

• The stats are for people who presented themselves at ports of entry for admission and were turned away for being on the TSDS. None of the people in these stats tried to sneak into the US outside a border crossing.
  • The TSDS contains not just known terrorists, but also suspected terrorists and acquaintances of suggested terrorists.
  • The vast majority of the TSDS encounters happened at the northern border. They weren't even coming from Mexico.

The type of scenario behind almost all of these:

A guy came from Sri Lanka or India as a kid, grew up in Canada and is now living and working in Vancouver or Toronto. He tries to cross into the US for a day trip to a Seahawks or Bills game, but finds out at the border that he's on the watchlist because he has uncles back home who were active in the Tamil Tigers or the KCF. He turns around and heads home, annoyed that he'll miss the game with his buddies.

tytlyf

Not Religious
You should really read the news as well as the people in charge down there who released the statistics.

There were more encounters during the Trump years. You were real quiet then. I'm sure your media didn't report that stuff, on purpose.
There's a lot of stuff you don't know, because you don't follow credible news. That's the problem with conservative media, they intentionally hide Republican misdeeds so you think that your party are saints compared to Democrats.

Colt

How do you suppose they reconcile their mission with Matthew 25:40-45?

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’​
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’​
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’​
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’​
Its a silly "gods army" thing, but I find it hypocritical when people who don't even believe in Jesus, quote him when it's convenient on one thread, but then hoping to abolish religion altogether on another thread? Its trollish!

Are you willing take illegal aliens into your home and feed them?

Leftist confuse virtue signaling attention seeking as enablers for Love and helping!

Colt

Valjean said:
But the immigrants pose no threat to this country, indeed, their labor would benefit us.

Thats why we allow a immigration each year to our nation of immigrants. But we don't want to allow additional millions to sneak in, cut in line and live in an underground economy.