• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Convoy claiming to be ‘God’s army’ heading to Texas to protest border crisis: ‘Biblical, monumental moment’

Firenze

Premium Member

How do you suppose they reconcile their mission with Matthew 25:40-45?

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’​
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’​
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’​
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’​
I’m just wondering how lame a god has to be to require an ‘army’?….

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This I'm sure is your definition of 'refugees'.

I think Fox News is doing an excellent job of reporting the truth of the matter.

Every one of them is a result of open border policies by the traitor in Chief who has no regard for Public Safety or for the welfare of the citizens already living here by allowing an intentionally manufactured invasion along with egging on for the Immigrant invasion to continue unimpeded by intent and design.

That border deal is a complete sham because the president didn't need any kind of bipartisan agreement to close down the border and everybody knows it.

He could shut the border down today or even tomorrow for that matter if he wanted to, but it's clear he doesn't and he won't even with this supposed whacked out 'deal' they're coming up with of which of course the real true intent is for all those riders and earmarks to be included and attached which shows their first priority is those earmarks and riders and not our citizens living here.
Another fun fact: Primary Fox News viewers know less about current events than those watching no news. STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All
Remember, Murdoch originally launched Fox news as a Republican news outlet, to counter the Cable News Network (CNN). Fox news is propaganda, and is intended to be so.

You can find criminal outliers in all demographics. What propagandists tend to do is claim general trends based on one or two atypical examples.
As I recall the forty year diminution of social services, subsidies and consumer protections began with Reagan's claim that welfare recipients were lazy criminals leeching off the hardworking taxpayers -- all based on a Chicago "welfare queen," which he portrayed as a typical recipient of social services. https://www.washingtonpost.com/hist...ueen-truth-was-more-disturbing-new-book-says/

The fact remains: Immigrants -- documented or undocumented -- have lower crime rates than native citizens.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Another fun fact: Primary Fox News viewers know less about current events than those watching no news. STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All
Remember, Murdoch originally launched Fox news as a Republican news outlet, to counter the Cable News Network (CNN).

You can find criminal outliers in all demographics. What propagandists tend to do is claim general trends based on one or two atypical examples.
As I recall the forty year diminution of social services, subsidies and consumer protections began with Reagan's claim that welfare recipients were lazy criminals leeching off the hardworking taxpayers -- all based on a Chicago "welfare queen," which he portrayed as a typical recipient of social services. https://www.washingtonpost.com/hist...ueen-truth-was-more-disturbing-new-book-says/

The fact remains: Immigrants -- documented or undocumented -- have lower crime rates than native citizens.
Lol. Then along comes to universal truth of human nature that nobody is actually better or worse than another, except in times when human nature is being pushed to the limits.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Basically people, referring to US citizens, have had enough and they are reacting now.
Sorry, still confused. What have US citizens had enough of?
I can think of several legitimate grievances, but don't know which we're talking about, here.

PureX

Veteran Member
The bully boys are massing.

The good news is that the door is closing on their longed for moment of mayhem. America is sick of them and their fear and hate mongering. Their pool of idiocy is shrinking.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Many don't really know or care about the core teachings of Christianity but rather put selfishishness, fear and anger on their banner.
I've been saying this about people's supposed "beliefs" forever -- that my view is that a very large number (I don't have data, sorry) of people who claim religious belief do not treat those beliefs in quite the same way they do a belief that fire will burn you, or jumping off a building will kill you.

PureX

Veteran Member
Those bully boys don’t give a damn about religion. Or God. It’s just a totem they use, like a banner, to unite under and hide their bile behind until they get their longed for moment of mayhem.