• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Corporal Punishment Reinstated

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
No you wouldn't. Because they wouldn't be telling you.
Well... since you don't know our relationship or the transparency therein, yours would be an opinion whereas mine is based on actual living. Are you saying you aren't transparent with your parents?

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Well... since you don't know our relationship or the transparency therein, yours would be an opinion whereas mine is based on actual living. Are you saying you aren't transparent with your parents?

Your still avoiding my question, so I won't answer yours.

WHY is it ok to spank a child? But not hit an adult?

I'm waiting on an actual cogent response.

Kenny

Premium Member
Your still avoiding my question, so I won't answer yours.

WHY is it ok to spank a child? But not hit an adult?

I'm waiting on an actual cogent response.
Because they are not equal. Why do you not wipe your children's buts now? Because they are adults. Why do you not give them a time to be home now? Because they are adults. Why do you not tell them to clean their houses? Because they are adults.

But when they are children, you discipline them.

I think it is pretty clear as to why.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
But when they are children, you discipline them

Discipline, yes.

Spanking is not discipline. It teaches nothing that can't be gotten at, by another means.

Why do you justify hitting someone your charged with caring for? That says a lot about your supposed morals.

I used to believe exactly like you did. Except I learned, and changed my behavior. Part of that was from raising animals. Where striking them, does not do anything but create issues. We as people and as children especially are no different.

Edit: I know that you will take this to your grav as being alright, and that it's completely justifiable, so I'm stepping away (and not responding to you).

May your God have the mercy on you, you can't and didn't show your children.

Kenny

Premium Member
Discipline, yes.

Spanking is not discipline. It teaches nothing that can't be gotten at, by another means.

Why do you justify hitting someone your charged with caring for? That says a lot about your supposed morals.

I used to believe exactly like you did. Except I learned, and changed my behavior. Part of that was from raising animals. Where striking them, does not do anything but create issues. We as people and as children especially are no different.
I don't hit. I discipline.

Perhaps that is why we have youth that have no standards today and all the psychological problems? How did you do with your children? If you have some, they probably have psychological issues they are dealing with.

Seems like I got better results.

I think we are different than animals.

VoidCat

Use any and all pronouns including neo and it/it's
art of that was from raising animals. Where striking them, does not do anything but create issues. We as people and as children especially are no different.
It is very odd. You arent allowed to hit an animal. But you can teach them to behave. Yet human children who usually regarded by humans as having higher mental reasoning ability can be hit. And if a children can't reason as well as animals then why we hitting?

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
It is very odd. You arent allowed to hit an animal. But you can teach them to behave. Yet human children who usually regarded by humans as having higher mental reasoning ability can be hit. And if a children can't reason as well as animals then why we hitting?

People ask me why my dog is so well behaved and listens as well as he does. They are shocked to hear that it doesn't require any kind of force.

And I treat him no different then I would a human child.

People think their kids are property and treat them as such. Instead as independent thinking, tiny humans.

VoidCat

Use any and all pronouns including neo and it/it's
@KenS
Im in school for teaching. Taking a class on child development. Do you know the difference between the 4 parenting types: authoritarian, permissive, uninvolved, and authoritarive?

Kenny

Premium Member
@KenS
Im in school for teaching. Taking a class on child development. Do you know the difference between the 4 parenting types: authoritarian, permissive, uninvolved, and authoritarive?
Yes... I follow the authoritative line. Maybe that is why they are happy and successful?

Kenny

Premium Member
Spanking = hitting

Even if it is only a light swat on the buttocks.
I disagree. So, what vision did you see when I said spanking? Did you see it as a daily routine? Did you see it as an "answer to all things"?

How did you interpret it?