• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Nothingness Be Another Dimension In And Of Itself?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
I watched the video and it was a bunch of "deep sounding" rhetoric that's really nonsense with no substance behind it. Sounds like the typical rambling of someone whose dropped a few too many hits of acid.

He was an alcoholic in later life. He seems to be quite popular with the new-agers, but I find him horribly superficial.

godnotgod

Thou art That
How so? How do you arrive at consciousness out of nothingness?

You won't. The 'I" of 'you', the seeker, vanishes upon realization. That is why it is said: 'If you see the Buddha on the road, kill him!' All the becoming is purely illusory. You're already there, so the real work is in Awakening to That.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Sorry you didn't get it.

The self of Identification is fiction, so there is nothing there that can be suicidal. There's nothing to lose except fear.

There's nothing to assimilate; you are already at one with the Universe, but your discriminating mind tells you otherwise.
I love how you're acting like this is all fact, but it's not. The only thing I know is that I exist and I am aware. I know of no state of non-existence or "nothingness". I have no desire to pass out of existence and "become one" with anything. There's too much to explore, so much knowledge to gain. Far too much for one little human lifespan. Too much wonder to behold.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
So it is a blind, unconscious 'force'? But what is the nature of this 'force', and why do you see it as 'beyond consciousness'?

Does a tree need eyes to watch itself grow? Or does it just grow? Perhaps the nature of this force is just the pure power of Being. Consciousness is our ability to interact with our environment in a complex manner, therefore interaction comes first before consciousness.

godnotgod

Thou art That
th

Here's Spiny, after a nice meal of godnotgod's World Famous Universal Consciousness Word Salad, poker facedly pretending its all gibberish and nonsense.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Does a tree need eyes to watch itself grow? Or does it just grow? Perhaps the nature of this force is just the pure power of Being. Consciousness is our ability to interact with our environment in a complex manner, therefore interaction comes first before consciousness.

The growing is the knowing. I think you are confusing consciousness with self-consciousness. The classic example is the centipede becoming confused the moment he starts to think about how to move his legs. Otherwise, there is a knowing how to move his legs without thinking about it. That knowing is the pure joy of his being here, how. See the difference?

There is no interaction without consciousness.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I love how you're acting like this is all fact, but it's not. The only thing I know is that I exist and I am aware. I know of no state of non-existence or "nothingness". I have no desire to pass out of existence and "become one" with anything. There's too much to explore, so much knowledge to gain. Far too much for one little human lifespan. Too much wonder to behold.
Your trapped in the ego self.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
The growing is the knowing. I think you are confusing consciousness with self-consciousness. The classic example is the centipede becoming confused the moment he starts to think about how to move his legs. Otherwise, there is a knowing how to move his legs without thinking about it. See the difference?

There is no interaction without consciousness.

Self consciousness is merely a more complex form of interaction whereby a human or animal is capable of interacting with itself, its own brain and not with just the external environment as a tree or rock does.

godnotgod

Thou art That

You're already one with the Universe, but you just don't know it yet. You exist precisely because of the background of non-existence. It's like the fish in the sea; he was born into the sea, so he is not aware he is in the sea. To make matters worse, his focus is not the background of the sea, but the foreground of his immediate world, which, for him, is food and predators. He doesn't realize that the sea is what sustains him completely.

Is it not a fact that you are already fully integrated with the Universe?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
You're already one with the Universe, but you just don't know it yet. You exist precisely because of the background of non-existence. It's like the fish in the sea; he was born into the sea, so he is not aware he is in the sea. To make matters worse, his focus is not the background of the sea, but the foreground of his immediate world, which, for him, is food and predators. He doesn't realize that the sea is what sustains him completely.

Is it not a fact that you are already fully integrated with the Universe?
How exactly am I "one with" or "integrated with" the universe? Yeah, my body is made up of "star dust", sure, but the flesh is just a vehicle that my Spirit is taking for a ride. Eventually it'll break down and my Spirit will move on to another one...if it feels like it. (I think I'll need a break after this go 'round.)

godnotgod

Thou art That
Its a matrix of illusion, that you perceive to be ''you'', whereas it is actually a mixture of bad info, and faulty inference.

Thank you very much! This is the state of conscious awareness known as 'Identification', or 'Waking Sleep', which is pure fiction.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
So you know that answer to your question?;)
enlighten us?
I need to know exactly what you're referring to before I can address anything. How the Western LHP defines "ego" and "self" are not necessarily the same as how Eastern religions and philosophies define it.

godnotgod

Thou art That
How exactly am I "one with" or "integrated with" the universe? Yeah, my body is made up of "star dust", sure, but the flesh is just a vehicle that my Spirit is taking for a ride. Eventually it'll break down and my Spirit will move on to another one...if it feels like it. (I think I'll need a break after this go 'round.)

Where do you see yourself separate from the Universe?

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
You won't. The 'I" of 'you', the seeker, vanishes upon realization. That is why it is said: 'If you see the Buddha on the road, kill him!' All the becoming is purely illusory. You're already there, so the real work is in Awakening to That.

I think you have an interesting view, but there is no way you can claim it as some absolute truth without evidence.