• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Nothingness Be Another Dimension In And Of Itself?

godnotgod

Thou art That
Um, no. I'm currently leaning towards the concept of an eternal universe. So there is no "universal mind" or creator deity of any sort. The multiverse continuously evolves and creates itself, from within itself. I'm not into neo-Hindu/New Age watered-down "mysticism" or anything of the sort. I'm not interested in being re-absorbed into the Brahman Borg, which sounds like it's severely mentally ill and needs psychiatric meds. That whole idea is deeply disgusting and hellish to me. It's basically spiritual suicide. Of course I want to exist eternally - the goal of my religion is to become a God, and that involves further individuating your Self from the tangled web of existence. I deeply cherish being a unique Spirit with my own perspectives and experiences that no other Spirit has or ever will have. I love my Self. Sorry to hear that you don't love your Self.

Is that what I said?

'Brahman Borg'? Is that what you think?

I never said nor implied a 'creator deity'.

All waves on the ocean are somewhat different than all other waves, but all are made of the same universal substance: water.

Do you want to merely exist forever, or Be forever? The former is in Space and Time, the latter in this eternal Present Moment.

Nothing that is unique can last forever. That is already life in the currently 'tangled web of existence'. All that is unique originally emerged from the un-unique, and will return to the un-unique. Does that bother you?

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
I totally called it that you were a Chopra follower (I just didn't say anything). Chopra's a quack. He just strings together random scientific terms with a dash of mysticism that is complete BS to anyone who knows anything about the science he clearly doesn't understand.

Is this supposed to be a response to the content of my post? I don't see any connection. Do you?

godnotgod

Thou art That
godnotgod, even if you lived forever, you would not be able to apprehend the absolute reality represented by the concept of absolute reality using your mind...absolute reality is forever beyond time space interpretation...

Of course, but living forever does not involve the self of conditioned awareness; it is the dissolution of that temporal self lost in Identification and the realization that you are none other than the Supreme Identity itself; The Indestructible Sunyata.

While the absolute reality is beyond time and space, it projects itself INTO time and space as this world. If you don't agree with that, do you agree that maya is a view through the glass of time and space?

godnotgod

Thou art That
Just an observation, followed by some advice. Don't let the observation get to you, but please, do follow the advice. Chopra's full of crap.

Nah, you are full of crap, that is why you see him as full of crap. Just an observation. Chopra is a genius and a maverick.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
It 'acts' 'as if' it is that interacting thing, just as you think you are interacting when dreaming. Consciousness is a non-material No-Thing, not bound by the material world in Time or Space.

Why or how do such illusions appear out pure nothingness if there was never anything there to generate such illusions to begin with? If everything was pure nothingness as you say, then there would be no consciousness, there would be nothing.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Is that what I said?

That's how I interpret it.

'Brahman Borg'? Is that what you think?
That's how it sounds to me.

I never said nor implied a 'creator deity'.
Brahman sure sounds like a creator deity of a sort to me.

All waves on the ocean are somewhat different than all other waves, but all are made of the same universal substance: water.
That's substance monism. But that doesn't mean we're all "one", as in some sort of hive mind or "universal mind".

Do you want to merely exist forever, or Be forever? The former is in Space and Time, the latter in this eternal Present Moment.
I'm cool with existing forever and exploring the various levels of reality, being a spiritual cosmonaut. :)

Nothing that is unique can last forever. That is already life in the currently 'tangled web of existence'. All that is unique originally emerged from the un-unique, and will return to the un-unique. Does that bother you?
It's a concept that I find awfully negative and I reject it. I like Kali and esoteric aspects of Hinduism and Buddhism, but I never could get too far with Hinduism, especially, as there's too much I find objectionable in it.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Why or how do such illusions appear out pure nothingness if there was never anything there to generate such illusions to begin with? If everything was pure nothingness as you say, then there would be no consciousness, there would be nothing.

There is only Nothing, which we see as Everything.

Consciousness is not a thing, but it is real. In fact, it is the only true Reality projecting itself as this world, which is not real. We are getting some clues as to the veracity of this condition from the Quantum world.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
That's how I interpret it.

Sure, but it is still your personal view.

That's how it sounds to me.

Ditto

Brahman sure sounds like a creator deity of a sort to me.

Where are you getting this? Have you seen allusions to the idea that Brahman is the 'ground of all being'? Does that sound like a creator deity to you? Perhaps you are thinking of Brahma, which fits your description. Is that it?

That's substance monism. But that doesn't mean we're all "one", as in some sort of hive mind or "universal mind".

We are all one, thinking ourselves to be distinct units of consciousness. It is the wave losing contact with the universal ocean that it is always a part of.

I'm cool with existing forever and exploring the various levels of reality, being a spiritual cosmonaut. :)

No problem, but there is an end to it.

It's a concept that I find awfully negative and I reject it. I like Kali and esoteric aspects of Hinduism and Buddhism, but I never could get too far with Hinduism, especially, as there's too much I find objectionable in it.

What I described is not Hinduism. It bothers you that your identity will be no more?
enso.jpg

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Consciousness is not a thing, but it is real. In fact, it is the only true Reality projecting itself as this world, which is not real. We are getting some clues as to the veracity of this condition from the Quantum world.

Pure nothingness cannot project anything even if it were limitless. If it is a reality or any sort of "it" capable of projection, then it is something not nothing.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Of course, but living forever does not involve the self of conditioned awareness; it is the dissolution of that temporal self lost in Identification and the realization that you are none other than the Supreme Identity itself; The Indestructible Sunyata.

While the absolute reality is beyond time and space, it projects itself INTO time and space as this world. If you don't agree with that, do you agree that maya is a view through the glass of time and space?
No....absolute reality does not project itself into space time, it just is and can not be known by a secondary consciousness... There is no space time outside of the conceptual mind....

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Sure, but it is still your personal view.

Ditto

Where are you getting this? Have you seen allusions to the idea that Brahman is the 'ground of all being'? Does that sound like a creator deity to you? Perhaps you are thinking of Brahma, which fits your description. Is that it?

We are all one, thinking ourselves to be distinct units of consciousness. It is the wave losing contact with the universal ocean that it is always a part of.

No problem, but there is an end to it.

What I described is not Hinduism. It bothers you that your identity will be no more?
enso.jpg
Your posts are reading as slightly sadistic to me. I have said that your Borg-like view of spirituality is like hell to me and then you keep asking me if the prospect of losing my individuality bothers me. No ****, it bothers me. I didn't sign up to play some psychotic "no-thing's" pathetic game. I'm not a toy for Brahman or whatever to play around with. If Brahman exists then I'm going to rebel against it to the best of my abilities and resist assimilation for as long as I can. I like to think that my life has meaning for me and that I don't just exist as some sort of sick experiment. And, yes - you are getting this garbage from a certain strain of Hinduism. Advaita (neo-Advaita?), to be exact. I don't mean to offend, but this is offensive to me. I find it just as offensive as when people say that you cease to exist after brain death. Both are horrible possibilities, to my mind.