• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Nothingness Be Another Dimension In And Of Itself?

godnotgod

Thou art That
Pure nothingness cannot project anything even if it were limitless. If it is a reality or any sort of "it" capable of projection, then it is something not nothing.

This is the realm of the invisible silent world. There's consciousness there, but it is not a thing detectable via sensory perception, nor via the thinking mind. OK?

godnotgod

Thou art That
No....absolute reality does not project itself into space time, it just is and can not be known by a secondary consciousness... There is no space time outside of the conceptual mind....

Is maya an illusion of space-time?

godnotgod

Thou art That
None that would claim to know absolute reality....and none that would not be aware that space time has no reality outside of computation...

There is conditioned reality, then there is absolute reality. If the enlightened are transcendent of conditioned reality, the only other choice is absolute reality.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Nothing you're saying makes any sense. You're using concepts in a way no one else does and adding some mystical or metaphysical meaning, because "quantum mechanics". How am I supposed to address it, it's borderline gibberish.

Following is my post you originally responded to by lunging at Chopra's throat:

"As I recall, there is a gene in the brain that has something to do with this merging experience. Other than that, no information. But this is beyond science anyway. The mystical experience is simply "the merging of the observed, the observer, and the entire process of observation into a single Reality", as Chopra put it."

What is it about this post you fail to understand?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
th

godnotgod

Thou art That
Your posts are reading as slightly sadistic to me. I have said that your Borg-like view of spirituality is like hell to me and then you keep asking me if the prospect of losing my individuality bothers me. No ****, it bothers me. I didn't sign up to play some psychotic "no-thing's" pathetic game. I'm not a toy for Brahman or whatever to play around with. If Brahman exists then I'm going to rebel against it to the best of my abilities and resist assimilation for as long as I can. I like to think that my life has meaning for me and that I don't just exist as some sort of sick experiment. And, yes - you are getting this garbage from a certain strain of Hinduism. Advaita (neo-Advaita?), to be exact. I don't mean to offend, but this is offensive to me. I find it just as offensive as when people say that you cease to exist after brain death. Both are horrible possibilities, to my mind.

Heh..heh...At the time you 'signed up', you apparently did not yet have this identity you were signing up for. We call this 'signing up' 'The Player', FYI.

If you 'lose your individuality', 'you' won't exist for it to bother you. Your consciousness will simply merge with the greater Universal Consciousness, like a drop of water is no more upon meeting with the Great Ocean.

You certainly have a terror-filled and warped image of losing your identity and returning to the One Reality. I did'nt mean to frighten you. It's just about going Home, you know. Your notion of slavery and sadism is exactly opposite to the actual experience, which is of Absolute Joy and freedom. That is what the spiritual experience is all about. But most of us do have a fear of the unknown, so I do understand. As I said, I had no intention of making you feel uncomfortable. Maybe watching the following video might ease your mind a bit:

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
This is the realm of the invisible silent world. There's consciousness there, but it is not a thing detectable via sensory perception, nor via the thinking mind. OK?

So in what way is it "consciousness"?

I would say there is quite likely an interactive, universal force which lies beyond our current understanding and beyond all the known fundamental forces. A force which quite possibly defies both logic and modern physics interpretations. It is not consciousness. It is beyond consciousness.

godnotgod

Thou art That
No....absolute reality does not project itself into space time, it just is and can not be known by a secondary consciousness... There is no space time outside of the conceptual mind....

But the source of the conceptual mind is absolute reality.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
I would say there is quite likely an interactive, universal force which lies beyond our current understanding and beyond all the known fundamental forces. A force which likely defies both logic and modern physics interpretations. It is not consciousness.

It seems like dark energy and dark matter are still pretty much unknown quantities, so maybe some answers will eventually found there. Maybe.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Heh..heh...At the time you 'signed up', you apparently did not yet have this identity you were signing up for. We call this 'signing up' 'The Player', FYI.

If you 'lose your individuality', 'you' won't exist for it to bother you. Your consciousness will simply merge with the greater Universal Consciousness, like a drop of water is no more upon meeting with the Great Ocean.

You certainly have a terror-filled and warped image of losing your identity and returning to the One Reality. I did'nt mean to frighten you. It's just about going Home, you know. Your notion of slavery and sadism is exactly opposite to the actual experience, which is of Absolute Joy and freedom. That is what the spiritual experience is all about. But most of us do have a fear of the unknown, so I do understand. As I said, I had no intention of making you feel uncomfortable. Maybe watching the following video might ease your mind a bit:

I watched the video and it was a bunch of "deep sounding" rhetoric that's really nonsense with no substance behind it. Sounds like the typical rambling of someone whose dropped a few too many hits of acid.

Nothing you say "frightens" me, I just reject it as nonsense that doesn't align with my goals. If you want to commit spiritual suicide and be assimilated, that's your choice. But don't assume that everyone should want to follow suit and view it as a positive.

godnotgod

Thou art That
So in what way is it "consciousness"?

No particular way at all. It's just what it is.

I would say there is quite likely an interactive, universal force which lies beyond our current understanding and beyond all the known fundamental forces. A force which quite possibly defies both logic and modern physics interpretations. It is not consciousness. It is beyond consciousness.

So it is a blind, unconscious 'force'? But what is the nature of this 'force', and why do you see it as 'beyond consciousness'?

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
I watched the video and it was a bunch of "deep sounding" rhetoric that's really nonsense with no substance behind it. Sounds like the typical rambling of someone whose dropped a few too many hits of acid.

Nothing you say "frightens" me, I just reject it as nonsense that doesn't align with my goals. If you want to commit spiritual suicide and be assimilated, that's your choice. But don't assume that everyone should want to follow suit and view it as a positive.

Sorry you didn't get it.

The self of Identification is fiction, so there is nothing there that can be suicidal. There's nothing to lose except fear.

There's nothing to assimilate; you are already at one with the Universe, but your discriminating mind tells you otherwise.