• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Nothingness Be Another Dimension In And Of Itself?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Lol, no. Your contradicting yourself, btw. You are claiming that that your religious specification (lhp) is about individuation, yet it employs a deity concept, has written books /those are essentially holy books/, etc/ Why are you saying that your beliefs are somehow different from others?
Huh? You don't have to be a theist to be a Luciferian or Satanist. Many aren't. Those who are generally don't have a master/slave view of their deity, but view Lucifer/Satan as more of a guide, teacher or sage. There's also no concept of "holy books". You can gain inspiration or insight from books, but there's nothing like the Bible or the Qur'an. Even if some LHP people view a book that way, it has nothing to do with me or LHPers in general.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Huh? You don't have to be a theist to be a Luciferian or Satanist. Many aren't. Those who are generally don't have a master/slave view of their deity, but view Lucifer/Satan as more of a guide, teacher or sage. There's also no concept of "holy books". You can gain inspiration or insight from books, but there's nothing like the Bible or the Qur'an. Even if some LHP people view a book that way, it has nothing to do with me or LHPers in general.

And, ironically, both Lucifer and satan are traditionally thought of as entities. ;)

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
You're only making sense inside of your own head.

Nope, rather, I'm not claiming that a religious adherence can be non-theistic, yet apply to a deity, yet sometimes theistic, and still be the same religious adherence,, be about individuation, even when the theology follows a predictable path of self deification, /imaginary of course/.

Do you think that that makes sense?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Nope, rather, I'm not claiming that a religious adherence can be non-theistic, yet apply to a deity, yet sometimes theistic, and still be the same religious adherence,, be about individuation, even when the theology follows a predictable path of self deification, /imaginary of course/.

:facepalm:

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter

I define the Christian 'religion' and its spin-offs and related disciplines as the attempt to describe and define the deity that's being worshiped, as well as having a personal relationship with the deity, and carrying out its will. There is more such as Christianity being basic training and means test of sorts to earn an eternal life.

MrMr

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
Christianity started in Asia but it was injected with a bunch of Greek philosophy, making it very Westernized. It actually started in the Roman Empire, after all.

With all due respect Christianity began as a near east religion, 'emerging' at the eastern edge of the Mediterranean. Rome and its authorities ignored the 'strange religion' for several reasons. First was that the Christians worked to help the poor etc. Wealthy Romans did not mix well with the lower classes, and considered Christianity beneath them. Next, this new religion ie Christianity taught that the overwhelming number of laws the Jewish people had to follow should be ‘relaxed’. (about 600> 680!), as well as making changes which highly POed the Jewish priests. Most of actions and teachings of Christianity were by eroding the powerful Priests power base and money collection rackets. Anyway the Romans wanted nothing to do with that mess that could blow up in a revolution at the very least a civil disobedience/disturbance. In fact the roman authorities ignored the Christians and did not even recognizing the christus (the Christ) or his followers until decades after it first emerged. So IMO Rome’s influence was little to nothing, at first.

I feel Christianity was most pure during those early decades. So I use much of the early 'primitive' Christianity in my worship, studies etc.and after world view (lol). Lastly, I agree with you where you said that the Greeks greatly influenced early Christianity (particularly their theology). However it wasn't all bad but some did damage what is now my religion. Also, Hellenism expressed itself weirdly at times such as a force for building better roads! (for missionaries to travel on.) small ways were not immune to Hellenism either. For example Saul adopting the name Paul. Ahh’ sorry for the length of the reply I wordy at times!

Also, I'm a communist, but I'm also an individualist. The two aren't at odds, despite what many think.

How could you be an individualist and a communist?? You must be defining individualist differently that what is the norm! ie

in·di·vid·u·al·ist [ìndi víjjoo əlist]
(plural in·di·vid·u·al·ists)
n
1. independent thinker: somebody who thinks or behaves independently
2. believer in individualism: somebody who believes in the social or political philosophy of individualism

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-communism-considered-evil-by-some-people
Communism and Marx reject both the sovereignty of the individual and, ... it
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/rights/completely disregard human individuality, discourage innovation and self
motivation.....

(end)

MrMr

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
The Absolute Sandwich is one...all fillings conceived are still one with the Absolute Sandwich, but the concept of mayo implies the conceiver thinks its conceptions are real of themselves as separate pickle entities...Absolute Sandwich Reality does not project itself into space time, it just is and can not be known by the secondary consciousness of the sandwich maker....

Last edited by a moderator:

godnotgod

Thou art That
Maya? ..necessity for survival amid ongoing evolution in a hostile physical environment as an incarnate entity...

So you're saying that the absolute has somehow forgotten it is the absolute, and has become deluded, in this case due to hardship?

godnotgod

Thou art That
The Absolute Sandwich is one...all fillings conceived are still one with the Absolute Sandwich, but the concept of mayo implies the conceiver thinks its conceptions are real of themselves as separate pickle entities...Absolute Sandwich Reality does not project itself into space time, it just is and can not be known by the secondary consciousness of the sandwich maker....

Blah blah blah...talk about The Absolute Sandwich Reality ad nauseum, but until you eat it, won't know jack sh*t!