• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Nothingness Be Another Dimension In And Of Itself?

godnotgod

Thou art That
Life, consciousness and death are all different forms/manifestations of the same thing...the interactive forces of nature. I don't need a prize. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Yes, and because it's obvious, why do you think it to be some special theory you have come up with? But actually, you are still nibbling around the edges here, because your 'theory' leads one to ask: 'What is fundamental to 'the interactive forces of nature?', and the answer to that question is Pure Abstract Intelligence; The Unified Field; Pure Consciousness; The Absolute; Brahman; the ground of all Being; The Changeless; That; Nothingness; The Void; Tao.

Oh, I know: you want to retain the materialist notion that the Universe is an unconscious, billiard balll arrangement gyrating stupidity thingie by saying that there is simply more interaction behind the interaction, and more behind that, all leading up to, what? Why more interaction, of course! Brilliant! Simply Brilliant, Holmes!

Now go to your room, and remain there until further instructions!

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
I see you like to chase your tail. Calling the Unified Field consciousness without explaining what consciousness is tells us nothing about the Unified Field.

Well, you are incapable of understanding what's being said because your theory excludes consciousness, and therefore, intelligence. You're just a chemical factory inside a bag of skin, banging itself round and round for the pure sake of more interaction, a highly addictive and hypnotic drug, I am sure.

Intelligence allows you to see that YOU are the Unified Field; YOU are that very thing.

Tat tvam asi

Now, isn't saying that 'underneath all interaction is more interaction' chasing the tail?

Unification

Well, you are incapable of understanding what's being said because your theory excludes consciousness, and therefore, intelligence. You're just a chemical factory inside a bag of skin, banging itself round and round for the pure sake of more interaction, a highly addictive and hypnotic drug, I am sure.

Intelligence allows you to see that YOU are the Unified Field; YOU are that very thing.

Tat tvam asi

Intelligence is light/energy. Pure light/energy allows one to see. That light/energy is in the blood/bloodstream within the human body. The red blood cell torus. http://cosmometry.net/the-torus---dynamic-flow-process

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/blood-exerts-powerful-influence-brain

The intelligence does not reside in consciousness or matter.
The intelligence resides in light/energy.

Last edited:

Unification

Yes, and because it's obvious, why do you think it to be some special theory you have come up with? But actually, you are still nibbling around the edges here, because your 'theory' leads one to ask: 'What is fundamental to 'the interactive forces of nature?', and the answer to that question is Pure Abstract Intelligence; The Unified Field; Pure Consciousness; The Absolute; Brahman; the ground of all Being; The Changeless; That; Nothingness; The Void; Tao.

Oh, I know: you want to retain the materialist notion that the Universe is an unconscious, billiard balll arrangement gyrating stupidity thingie by saying that there is simply more interaction behind the interaction, and more behind that, all leading up to, what? Why more interaction, of course! Brilliant! Simply Brilliant, Holmes!

I would agree that all of those mean the same things, and "nothingness" and "pure consciousness" can just as easy be called "pure energy."

I would also agree that the cosmos and nature have intelligence, but intelligence as energy/light.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism

Tat tvam asi

Now, isn't saying that 'underneath all interaction is more interaction' chasing the tail?

My theory does include intelligence. Intelligence is another product of complex interaction.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism

I have yet to see any better explanations.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
I would agree that all of those mean the same things, and "nothingness" and "pure consciousness" can just as easy be called "pure energy."

I would also agree that the cosmos and nature have intelligence, but intelligence as energy/light.

Neither intelligence, nor consciousness reside in matter/energy at the atomic level. Both are the cumulative effect of many interactions working together in unison. It is all Fundamental Interaction, but on varying levels of complexity/arrangement.

Unification

Neither intelligence, nor consciousness reside in matter/energy at the atomic level. Both are the cumulative effect of many interactions working together in unison. It is all Fundamental Interaction, but on varying levels of complexity/arrangement.

Would that not be saying that intelligence and consciousness are separate and beyond matter and energy?

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Would that not be saying that intelligence and consciousness are separate and beyond matter and energy?

It is just saying that consciousness and intelligence are the result of interactive processes. Interaction is fundamental...consciousness and intelligence are emergent from complex interactions.

Unification

What exactly do you mean by "light" and what exactly do you mean by "energy"?

Say that someone has a "thought," "idea," a piece of "fear," a piece of "hope," a piece of "knowledge," a "belief."

None of those would be in the brain(matter)... they can never be found.

They would be in the light(Light is electromagnetic radiation within a certain portion of the electromagnetic spectrum.)

Energy: energy, in physics, is a property of objects which can be transferred to other objects or converted into different forms, but cannot be created or destroyed.

In this case, light/energy inside of a particle such as a photon. A particle(matter) of light(electromagnetism.)

It would be the light that thinks, feels, knows, organizes, etc. in which operates by using the particle(s) and brain(matter) to experience the physical. The interactions.

The stuff that would distinct this light from light such as visible light would be the blood/plasma/fluids/water residing within the human body.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Say that someone has a "thought," "idea," a piece of "fear," a piece of "hope," a piece of "knowledge," a "belief."
None of those would be in the brain(matter)... they can never be found.

It would be the light that thinks, feels, knows, organizes, etc. in which operates by using the particle(s) and brain(matter) to experience the physical.

Thoughts occur in the mind. Where are you getting these odd idea that light thinks? How does the colour blue "think"? Sorry but you have completely lost me here.

Unification

Thoughts occur in the mind. Where are you getting these odd idea that light thinks? How does the colour blue "think"? Sorry but you have completely lost me here.

Of course they occur in the mind.

I was thinking the same, where do the odd ideas come from that the mind or thoughts are not energy or matter?

If thoughts and the mind aren't energy and/or matter, what are they?

Unification

I appreciate the simple approach.
I suppose I took it some steps further.

A random thought pops into the mind and goes away while subatomic particles of light pop in and out of existence randomly.

If everything in the universe is energy and matter interacting, "thoughts" would have to be energy interacting in the brain.

The human wouldn't be exempt from the laws that science has imposed about energy and matter.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
I appreciate the simple approach.
I suppose I took it some steps further.

A random thought pops into the mind and goes away while subatomic particles of light pop in and out of existence randomly.

If everything in the universe is energy and matter interacting, "thoughts" would have to be energy interacting in the brain.

The human wouldn't be exempt from the laws that science has imposed about energy and matter.

Yes. Agreed.

Unification

Complex interactions.

Complex interactions of energy and matter. Complex enough to deduce to more of a micro scale that a thought is a virtual particle of light, popping/manifesting in and out of existence within the mind.

The "nothingness" popping in and out of existence.

Keep on deducing more quantumly and matter was brought into existence by virtual packets of light.
Virtual light energy colliding/interacting formed, continues to form/shape and expand the virtually infinite amounts of all the protons, neutrons, and electrons.

Light's special and unique nature of properties have been shown to be eternal, be omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient.

Keep on deducing and the inevitable is reached, that virtual particles carry information/intelligence. It's either in the particle or the light. My money would be on the light. Information in "motion,"or in-form, or in-matter. Complex interaction.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Complex interactions of energy and matter. Complex enough to deduce to more of a micro scale that a thought is a virtual particle of light, popping/manifesting in and out of existence within the mind.

The "nothingness" popping in and out of existence.

Keep on deducing more quantumly and matter was brought into existence by virtual packets of light.
Virtual light energy colliding/interacting formed, continues to form/shape and expand the virtually infinite amounts of all the protons, neutrons, and electrons.

Light's special and unique nature of properties have been shown to be eternal, be omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient.

Keep on deducing and the inevitable is reached, that virtual particles carry information/intelligence. It's either in the particle or the light. My money would be on the light. Information in "motion,"or in-form, or in-matter. Complex interaction.

I wouldn't say that electromagnetism is intelligent, but those fundamental interactions under the right circumstances, can cause matter to form in complex ways which could lead to more interactive and intelligent or "conscious" forms.