• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Nothingness Be Another Dimension In And Of Itself?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Here is a quote from an article I found:

"It may be difficult to imagine that your body is made of spinning protons, neutrons, and electrons, but this is indeed the case. It's slightly easier, however, to picture forms of matter in levels that increase in complexity. For example, subatomic particles can be organized into atoms, which are the components of molecules, and molecules can be organized into macromolecules, such as DNA and proteins, which can be built into cells. Cells can then be organized into tissues, which form organs, and organs can be grouped into organ systems, which are built into entire organisms—including humans like you. Organisms are units that can form populations, and then biospheres, which go on to make up even greater levels of complexity."

This is the article:
http://www.nature.com/scitable/topi...ty-and-integrative-levels-of-organization-468
What has any of that got to do with it....a human is a part of the whole....the organizing principle and the essential energy and material resources of the whole is more complex than the part .....

The whole is greater and more complex than the part....do you disagree?

outhouse

Atheistically
the organizing principle and the essential energy and material resources of the whole is more complex than the part .....

Provide sources. Its rhetoric, nothing more.

So a glass is more complex then the liquid it holds?

Wondering context, is not context. Just making stuff up to fit personal agenda is not debating anything.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
We really don't know yet, but it might be better to admit that instead of trying to fill in the blanks with a load of religious mumbo-jumbo. It's odd how some people have this overwhelming need to reify something - reify consciousness, reify light....they all look like God substitutes to me.
Yea like you said, who knows, and really I don't care, yea yea.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Yes, it IS One, but the cosmos exists against some background. That background is Nothingness. Out of it comes the cosmos, but the cosmos is not separate from Nothingness. They are One Reality, because the cosmos cannot be the cosmos without its background of Nothingness, just as sound cannot exist without silence.
Yes I agree, I just use different words, I call this background Consciousness, or the Source, all arises from the Source, but all is One in the Source, they are not separate, just as the waves on the ocean are not separate from the ocean.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
What has any of that got to do with it....a human is a part of the whole....the organizing principle and the essential energy and material resources of the whole is more complex than the part .....

The whole is greater and more complex than the part....do you disagree?

Sure the universe is complex and vast and wonderfully arranged, but it takes a peculiar kind of complexity for things to interact in a conscious manner. That requires evolution.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Provide sources. Its rhetoric, nothing more.

So a glass is more complex then the liquid it holds?

Wondering context, is not context. Just making stuff up to fit personal agenda is not debating anything.
My God....it is true...atheists must be missing a gene....if you do not have the nous to understand what I said to you in a simple logical manner....you never will...

outhouse

Atheistically
And you think evolution is not a process of the universe?

Only if you love taking words out of context.

It factually is not a process of the universe. It factually is a process of life, no matter in the universe.

Word games wont work

The proper way to say it is, evolution occurs with life on planet earth that exist in this universe. Anything else is out of context and just playing games.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Only if you love taking words out of context.

It factually is not a process of the universe. It factually is a process of life, no matter in the universe.

Word games wont work

The proper way to say it is, evolution occurs with life on planet earth that exist in this universe. Anything else is out of context and just playing games.
And so you think life is not a universal process?

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
And you think evolution is not a process of the universe?

It is a peculiar kind of change which happens to biological forms over long periods of time and under certain conditions. This change may lead to emergent phenomena such as "consciousness" which I consider to be a more complex form of interaction.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It is a peculiar kind of change which happens to biological forms over long periods of time and under certain conditions. This change may lead to emergent phenomena such as "consciousness" which I consider to be a more complex form of interaction.
But that does not address my question....are the biological forms and emergent consciousness the result of a universal process or not?

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
But that does not address my question....are the biological forms and emergent consciousness the result of a universal process or not?

They are the result of discrete, localized processes, changes and interactions. The universe itself is neither living nor is it conscious. Really, nothing is living or conscious, but everything is interactive. Some things just evolved to interact in a more complex manner than other things.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Factually no.

Most of he universe is very very harsh to all life.

Do you think land provides fish a safe habitat?
Ok..you believe life in the universe is not a result of any universal process...
1rof1ROFL_zps05e59ced.gif

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
They are the result of discrete, localized processes, changes and interactions. The universe itself is neither living nor is it conscious. Really, nothing is living or conscious, but everything is interactive. Some things just evolved to interact in a more complex manner than other things.
Ok..so you too believe life in the universe is not a result of any universal process...
1rof1ROFL_zps05e59ced.gif

godnotgod

Thou art That
My God....it is true...atheists must be missing a gene....if you do not have the nous to understand what I said to you in a simple logical manner....you never will...

Methinks ye are on the threshold of discovering something I have been seeing all along. It's like a big vacant area in their makeup; totally clueless but conditioned and self-reinforced not to see it as well.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Methinks ye are on the threshold of discovering something I have been seeing all along. It's like a big vacant area in their makeup; totally clueless but conditioned and self-reinforced not to see it as well.
True....they could be the missing link between anthropoids and real humans....;)

godnotgod

Thou art That

So what's driving it all? I know: more interaction (*barf*).:eek:

So are you in fact one of the escaped programmed borgs from that army lab in the Nevada desert?

godnotgod

Thou art That
True....they could be the missing link between anthropoids and real humans....;)

Nah, not even close. More like what they say: meatbags, probably grown in a sterile lab under controlled conditions somewhere in northern Siberia and escaped out into the wild.

Last edited: