• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Nothingness Be Another Dimension In And Of Itself?

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Ok..so you too believe life in the universe is not a result of any universal process...
1rof1ROFL_zps05e59ced.gif

Specifically, what is this universal process you speak of?

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
I am not omniscient and so can not describe the actual details....which is why it is merely called a universal process...science would not dispute this fact..

Pretty sure science would dispute that the universe as a whole is a living, conscious entity.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Pretty sure science would dispute that the universe as a whole is a living, conscious entity.
But I did not say that....I said that science would not dispute the fact that all life in the universe is a result of a not yet fully understood universal process...

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
But I did not say that....I said that science would not dispute the fact that all life in the universe is a result of a not yet fully understood universal process...

Life is the result of complex interactions over time and under the right conditions.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So how is it the universe is a singular, conscious and omniscient entity, but you yourself are not omniscient along with ir?
??? Humans are limited creatures relative to the totality of the universe...like asking why a cell in a human body why it does not have the same awareness as human as a whole....;)

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
??? Humans are limited creatures relative to the totality of the universe...like asking why a cell in a human body why it does not have the same awareness as human as a whole....;)

So certain parts of this omniscient universe is limited?

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Underlying these complex interactions are universal principles....hence it is a universal process...

Sure, we call those the Fundamental Forces. That does doesn't mean complexity in the form of life or consciousness is universal.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Sure, we call those the Fundamental Forces. That does doesn't mean complexity in the form of life or consciousness is universal.
I do not know what you are trying to say...the fundamental forces are omnipresent and therefore life forms will arise as befits the appropriate physical environmental resources concerned...

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
I do not know what you are trying to say...the fundamental forces are omnipresent and therefore life forms will arise as befits the appropriate physical environmental resources concerned...

Yes, given enough time and the right conditions, those more complex forms will emerge. The potential for life and consciousness is universal.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
All parts are limited....for they in fact all work together to form the universe....

If God is omniscient, should his hands be limited? Should his vision be limited? Should his knowing be limited? If the universe is truly omniscient, there should be no limited parts.