• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Nothingness Be Another Dimension In And Of Itself?

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
So here is another one whose mind is conditioned to conceive of an anthropomorphic deity when the word God is mentioned...:rolleyes:

Negative. I was merely using the terms metaphorically. Now answer the question instead of dodging it please. How can something be omniscient if part of it is limited?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Pretty sure science would dispute that the universe as a whole is a living, conscious entity.

It's basically a religious belief, a kind of pantheism. A variation on the Chopra theme. More incoherent word salad delivered in a patronising and preachy way.

Last edited by a moderator:

godnotgod

Thou art That
Sure, but how do you get life and consciousness out of that? Not everything is living or conscious.

If Consciousness is playing all the parts of the Universe simultaneously, it is not the parts that are themselves conscious; it is what is animating the parts, much as an actor animates the character he is portraying. The character is not real; only the actor behind the mask is real. Likewise, there is no interaction, nor anything that interacts; only That which is behind the seeming changes is real. Consciousness is That; The Absolute; The Changeless, appearing as if to change, just as fluctuations in the Quantum Field appear to create real mass, when the mass thus created is only virtual in nature. And of course, we know that everything we see on the gross level is founded on the sub-atomic world, thereby rendering all of reality virtual. Consciousness does not 'emerge' from a non-conscious material world; it is there from the very beginning. It is the entire Universe that emerges from Consciousness; not the other way around. Consciousness is The Changeless background against which all imagined 'interactions' occur.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
If Consciousness is playing all the parts of the Universe simultaneously, it is not the parts that are themselves conscious; it is what is animating the parts, much as an actor animates the character he is portraying. The character is not real; only the actor behind the mask is real. Likewise, there is no interaction, nor anything that interacts; only That which is behind the seeming changes is real. Consciousness is That; The Absolute; The Changeless, appearing as if to change, just as fluctuations in the Quantum Field appear to create real mass, when the mass thus created is only virtual in nature. And of course, we know that everything we see on the gross level is founded on the sub-atomic world, thereby rendering all of reality virtual. Consciousness does not 'emerge' from a non-conscious material world; it is there from the very beginning. It is the entire Universe that emerges from Consciousness; not the other way around. Consciousness is The Changeless background against which all imagined 'interactions' occur.

Interesting view, though I do not share it.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Negative. I was merely using the terms metaphorically. Now answer the question instead of dodging it please. How can something be omniscient if part of it is limited?
I can't believe you are serious...do you even understand what omniscient means? It means all knowing....now if the universe is all knowing...then it does not follow that the tiny brains of the creatures that inhabit it exhibit omniscience....get it? There is only one omniscience...not a second... That sentient creatures of the universe exhibit individual consciousness appropriate for their level of evolutionary development...that awareness is relatively very elementary and can never in all eternity exhibit omniscience...there is one omniscience and that's all there will ever be...

Last edited:

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
...if the universe is all knowing...then it does not follow that the tiny brains of the creatures that inhabit it exhibit omniscience....get it? There is only one omniscience...not a second... That sentient creatures of the universe exhibit individual consciousness appropriate for their level of evolutionary development...that awareness is relatively very elementary and can never in all eternity exhibit omniscience...there is one omniscience and that's all there will ever be...

How can the universe be all-knowing if not all of the universe is equally all-knowing? That's kinda like saying this universe is all-perfect, but certain parts of the universe are not perfect. It just doesn't make any sense. It's all or nothing. I would say omniscience is bunk.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Runewolf....the universal principles that create and order the interactions of the physical universe are not of the physical domain, they come from the zero point energy/dark energy which is omnipresent.. Here is something to read....http://www.calphysics.org/zpe.html

I have no problem with the concept of a Unified Field or Zero-Point energy, but how is it not of this physical domain? If such thing exists, then it is part of that physically existing domain which is this universe.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Interesting view, though I do not share it.

My view is indicative of what the Universe is all about, while yours points to nothing other than more and more interaction, telling us nothing. Why bother in the first place with it? Were it not for intelligence, it would literally be a gyrating stupidity.

Unification

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 63

Unification

All knowledge is stored in certain forms of light/energy.

Light and energy are omniscient.