• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Nothingness Be Another Dimension In And Of Itself?

Unification

From the POV of Higher Pure Ultimate Cosmic Consciousness, it is only The Changeless Ultimate Reality Nothingness Thingy manifesting as Ultimate Universal Background Change Somethingness Whatsit, but from the POV of the 3rd level of consciousness Maya is seen through a glass deeply beyond Time and Space so IOW Two is none other than One... :p

Those are all complex interactions.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Simply because, from the POV of Higher Consciousness, it is only The Changeless that is true Reality manifesting as Change, but from the POV of conditioned awareness, ie life on the 3rd level of consciousness, that of Identification, everything is Change. The Two are actually one and the same Reality. The character is none other than the actor; the universe is none other than The Absolute.

So the universe is playing with itself and everything we see is an ejaculation out of pure consciousness.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Elaborate on which you feel is not science and nonsense.

Otherwise, your opinion is appreciated.

Your reification of light (electromagnetic radiation) into some kind of conscious, living entity. Please read up about the Fundamental Interactions before you comment further. There is a reason why they are considered fundamental.

Unification

Your reification of light (electromagnetic radiation) into some kind of conscious, living entity. Please read up about the Fundamental Interactions before you comment further. There is a reason why they are considered fundamental.

Please read up on alpha and how it's not fundamental, as well as the scientific physical constants/fundamentals not all being constant.

That's a start, your definition of light going from electromagnetism to electromagnetic radiation.

Please also read up on how light/photon's carry information.

Consciousness is an illusion, we've already established that together. Light being "conscious" was used as an example as in it is a carrier for information.

Well, according to you, we must be neither alive, aware, conscious. We are just dead matter interacting complexly and the animation must be something other than energy.

I've asked this several times for you... if everything is energy and matter, why do you keep being proactive that our thoughts, knowledge, intelligence, etc. are not energy? What are they?

Also, how is light being reified? It's already been demonstrated to be eternal, omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. Are you saying that a creator created it?

Last edited:

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Also, how is light being reified? It's already been demonstrated to be eternal, omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. Are you saying that a creator created it?

Energy is not "created", it changes form. Are you saying that light is god-like? Would a physicist say that light is omniscient or omnipotent?

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Well, according to you, we must be neither alive, aware, conscious. We are just dead matter interacting complexly and the animation must be something other than energy.

The animation is due to the Fundamental Forces or Fundamental Interactions which in fact bring into animation everything in our universe. No matter or energy is conscious, aware, living, or dead. ALL energy and matter is interactive and ever-changing due to the Fundamental Forces of nature. The degree or level of interaction determines how life-like, "conscious" or animated a particular form appears.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Pertaining to the O.P.
and nothing and stuff....
...could 'nothingness' be a 'dimension' ? At all ?
What else beyond the absense of direction could there be ?
Could 'it' exist outside the boundries of 'itself' ?
Could it be that 'nothingness' never existed ?
BOY....that would be a cluster.... !
~
'mud

It's a silly notion. What would it be a dimension OF?

godnotgod

Thou art That
From the POV of Higher Pure Ultimate Cosmic Consciousness, it is only The Changeless Ultimate Reality Nothingness Thingy manifesting as Ultimate Universal Background Change Somethingness Whatsit, but from the POV of the 3rd level of consciousness Maya is seen through a glass deeply beyond Time and Space so IOW Two is none other than One... :p

Sometimes you surprise me, Spiny. I must admit, I do see a tiny shaft of light coming into play.

'From the One, came the Two,
from the Two came the Three,
and from the Three came
The Ten Thousand Things'

Tao te Ching, Ch 42

godnotgod

Thou art That
We are saying the same things in different words and ways. Pure energy belongs to the invisible world also and light has been shown to be beyond time and space. You say consciousness is playing itself as the world. I am saying the energy/light is playing itself as the world. It's all a manifestation in and out of and from itself.

Matter isn't conscious. It's the more complex, pure light/waves/energy that are in the particles that contain information/instruction/DNA. Not all light/waves/energy carry information/instruction/DNA. . not the ones with mass.

Things and being's and the phenomenal world are being manifested by numerous and various invisible massless energy.

It's all in the mind.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Those are all complex interactions.

OMG! Unification has fallen under RW's hypnotic chant-spell!

Rinse, Lather, Repeat repeatedly and obediently:

'One Doctrine!
One Way!
One Mind!
One Thought!
Everything is Interaction!
Take me to your leader!
DUH!
I am nothing but a complex set of electro-chemical reactions in a bag of skin!
The Universe is nothing but a Gyrating Stupidity!
DUH! DUH! and more DUH!':p:eek:

Unification

Energy is not "created", it changes form. Are you saying that light is god-like? Would a physicist say that light is omniscient or omnipotent?

Those particular words may not be used but let's look at them,

Omniscient: where is all of the knowledge/instruction/intelligence of the infinite/finite universe stored?

Omnipotent: everything is the power of light energy. Every bit of matter in the physical universe is created by the power of light. That energy sustains and directs every bit of matter. "Animates it."

Unification

OMG! Unification has fallen under RW's hypnotic chant-spell!

Rinse, Lather, Repeat repeatedly and obediently:

'One Doctrine!
One Way!
One Mind!
One Thought!
Everything is Interaction!
Take me to your leader!
DUH!
I am nothing but a complex set of electro-chemical reactions in a bag of skin!
The Universe is nothing but a Gyrating Stupidity!
DUH! DUH! and more DUH!':p:eek:

Lol, I was being sarcastic to the fluff and buzz word sarcasm by adding "complex interaction" to the mix.

I have no problems with the terminology and choice of words that you use, I understand what you're saying. Can't be a respector of words.

I do understand why many see them as buzz and fluff though. You understand what you're saying but a lot of others won't.

Unification

The animation is due to the Fundamental Forces or Fundamental Interactions which in fact bring into animation everything in our universe. No matter or energy is conscious, aware, living, or dead. ALL energy and matter is interactive and ever-changing due to the Fundamental Forces of nature. The degree or level of interaction determines how life-like, "conscious" or animated a particular form appears.

Did those four forces come from one source? If everything is energy, the four forces can be unified into one source. If the four forces all broke down back to their original void, would that be pure energy or pure light?

Unification

Sometimes you surprise me, Spiny. I must admit, I do see a tiny shaft of light coming into play.

'From the One, came the Two,
from the Two came the Three,
and from the Three came
The Ten Thousand Things'

Tao te Ching, Ch 42

From one source, even the four "fundamental" forces came. You call it pure consciousness. I call it pure light energy.

Last edited:

Unification

A complex series of electromagnetic and various interactions.

Of course, and all I am saying is that it's light/energy that interacts with matter but is really one and the same and not separate. If the hippocampus and Claustrum were removed from a brain, it would just be "dead matter" with no energetic animation. All I'm saying is the memory/information/knowledge, etc. is all stored in packets of light quanta that the material parts of the brain and body can interpret on a physical plane of existence.

Unification

And do you see gravity as a force or not a force? Einstein in particular, didn't see gravity as a force.

Unification

If you have any further questions, if I may, I'll direct you to Outhouse. He's the only man in the world I know that is omniscient, can visibly see the entire universe with no imagination, and whose sources are 100% all knowing, infallible, and all factual and up for zero debate or reform.