• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Nothingness Be Another Dimension In And Of Itself?

godnotgod

Thou art That
Well that's just plain common sense...or maybe not so common. A balanced view is key.

I only wish it were common sense. Unfortunately, the distorted emphasis on science and technology (ie intellect) in the modern world have created it's current dreadful conditions. That is why, RW, you see the emerging (love that word) of feminine based mystical teachings all around the world, such as Zen, Wicca, Yoga, Sufism, Gnosticism, Taoism, etc., as they are what nourishes man's spiritual needs. NASA, cyclotrons, and textured vegetable protein do not.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Have it your way. This is not the place to discuss the lunatic fringe's views on wealth distribution. No doubt a large percentage of the uber wealthy are Jewish or Alien lizard people.

Flapping in the breeze in light of FACTS!
(what's a mouse to do, anyhoo? oh, he wants to talk about compassion, but when it comes right down to the nitty gritty, he tells us this is not the place and that anyone who wants to have an honest discussion is on the lunatic fringe. he, of course, is the sane one *cough*)

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
I only wish it were common sense. Unfortunately, the distorted emphasis on science and technology (ie intellect) in the modern world have created it's current dreadful conditions. That is why, RW, you see the emerging (love that word) of feminine based mystical teachings all around the world, such as Zen, Wicca, Yoga, Sufism, Gnosticism, Taoism, etc., as they are what nourishes man's spiritual needs. NASA, cyclotrons, and textured vegetable protein do not.

To much empasis on spiritual beliefs is what is keeping man in the dark ages.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Sorry you persist and insist in your ignorance.

Higher Consciousness goes hand in hand with the nurturing of compassion. That's why it can be called 'Higher Consciousness". Being a bodhisattva, you should know that, but then maybe you're not a bodhisattva.

FYI, people like Martin Luther King, for example, practiced the prophetic tradition.

Just because Papoon points out Reality to you right in front of your face, and you don't like what you see, does not mean he is a 'prophet of doom'. It only means you are in denial and still living back in the 1970's. Not spiffy.
attachment.php

Your hypocrisy is almost as great as your arrogance.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
To much empasis on spiritual beliefs is what is keeping man in the dark ages.

Oh, really? Is that why we are witnessing an explosion of interest in the mystical practices all over the world?

We are being enslaved by science, technology, government, and big business. Haven't you noticed?

You confuse religious dogma with spirituality. Do you even know the difference?

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
attachment.php

Your hypocrisy is almost as great as your arrogance.

Someone is just being anally idiotic and refusing to listen. See how you continue to attack the pointing finger, and ignore the Reality it points to? I move to have your fake bodhisattva license taken away. You know. The one hanging on the wall behind your desk certifying that you are a bona-fide B******S******-er.

Of course, you may be deserving of a tad of compassion, as your head is still wallowing around in the 1970's. Spiffy.

Last edited:

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Oh, really? Is that why we are witnessing an explosion of interest in the mystical practices all over the world?

We are being enslaved by science, technology, government, and big business. Haven't you noticed?

In what way is science or technology to blame for the greed and violence of man?

Papoon

Have it your way. This is not the place to discuss the lunatic fringe's views on wealth distribution. No doubt a large percentage of the uber wealthy are Jewish or Alien lizard people.
Wow. You've got it bad. Any credible information source will confirm what I pointed out. It is a matter of public record, no conspiracy theory involved. And BTW, insult is not good argument. But apparently it's all you've got. Check the data, if you have the balls and brains.

Papoon

In example two, I have managed to master the art of the subtle insult, but will "fact check" before the hurling begins. Frankly, I don't run into this much.
Check your replies to me. Abuse, insult and no fact checking. And certainly no subtlety. You are the first bullying troll I have encountered on this forum. Perhaps you should 'fact check' your self image.

godnotgod

Thou art That
In what way is science or technology to blame for the greed and violence of man?

perpetual warfare and the continued development of weaponry, for one.

Do you really think we are in space for lofty idea of 'space exploration' for the benefit of man? Hogwash! It's all about strategic military advantage, fueled by nationalism, greed, hysteria, and sheer stupidity.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Check your replies to me. Abuse, insult and no fact checking. And certainly no subtlety. You are the first bullying troll I have encountered on this forum. Perhaps you should 'fact check' your self image.
Bullying troll? Seriously? "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

I take it you didn't like my response to your hysterical rant... that must be it. Trust me, that was muted, mild, criticism. What is it about folks that anything less than total agreement is seen as an attack or a threat? I just don't get it.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Bullying troll? Seriously? "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

I take it you didn't like my response to your hysterical rant... that must be it. Trust me, that was muted, mild, criticism. What is it about folks that anything less than total agreement is seen as an attack or a threat? I just don't get it.

You don't get much, do you? That's because you rabidly attack the pointing finger, ignoring the moon it points to.