• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Nothingness Be Another Dimension In And Of Itself?

Unification

You're right, dude. It's egojitsu! It's a way for us to judge our own consciousness as somehow being 'higher' than all those other poor fools whom just don't get it.

Get out there and experience something raw! Put yourself in an uncomfortable situation that no systematized instruction can possibly predict! Get real!

I disagree, no one is higher or lower than anyone, that's what a whole/one/very aware mind teaches. You see any human being, you see complete equality and see yourself.

If it is teaching someone they are above others, than I agree. . that's the "lower" consciousness.

"Higher" consciousness doesn't teach anyone as a superiority over others, it is humility, goodness, peacefulness, equality. It respects no certain persons over others, it dismisses the ridiculous labels people identify themselves as, sees everyone as a human being, and also respects no certain words/language.

Love the getting real part.

Unification

In this current assessment, it really does appear to be a conflict between whether we should primarily identify with the left or the right hemispheres of the human brain. The belief that we should have a static state of experience may be the underlying confusion.

Agree, I look at it as the planet Earth.
There is the West and there is the East. Then there is the middle. The current state in the middle is suffering. It's due to the West/East divide. The East assumes they run laps over the West while the West assumes they run laps over the East.

A static state in the West will see the East as nonsensical. A static state in the East will see the West as nonsensical. An us vs. them.

Rather than identify as one and whole and seeing all human beings the same and diverse, we identify in what we want. There is not much liberation and freedom to see the other side. Rather than combine rationality/reason with spirituality, it's usually one extreme side. Many gates of the brain/mind are closed off to anything out of ones comfort zone. Not many want to get real and play the other part/side. Neurological plasticity is too painful for most.

We see that clearly on this thread. The intellectuals in the West and others that are both in the West and East, and others in the East. An us vs. them.

It is no different within the individual human brain and mind. It is imbalanced, separated, and divided.

Most are busy looking exoterically, rather than within and realizing their own imbalance. They have no problems saying that to others while failing to do so themselves.

Last edited:

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
I disagree, no one is higher or lower than anyone, that's what a whole/one/very aware mind teaches. You see any human being, you see complete equality and see yourself.

If it is teaching someone they are above others, than I agree. . that's the "lower" consciousness.

"Higher" consciousness doesn't teach anyone as a superiority over others, it is humility, goodness, peacefulness, equality. It respects no certain persons over others, it dismisses the ridiculous labels people identify themselves as, sees everyone as a human being, and also respects no certain words/language.

Love the getting real part.

It's all just a big act. The mystics pretend as though they have all the answers or some all-knowing or wisdom when really they don't. They act as though they're privy to some "higher" consciousness or some "higher reality" whereas the rest of us are stuck here in ordinary reality. Somehow we are below you, less aware or less enlightened. It's complete rubbish. No one has all the answers, so stop pretending. Higher consciousness maybe doesn't teach superiority, it devotees just assume superiority.

I used to be a mystic too just like you guys...then I dropped the ego and realized I was no longer a mystic.

Last edited:

Unification

I agree. Imagination is far more powerful than I think the average human animal suspects.

That hit me while I was writing the first part of my autobiography several years ago. What I was writing was so "out there" you got a contact high just reading the material. (It's far richer than anything presented in this thread, for example.) For my own mental stability I had to treat the material at "arms length" and wrote from my decades old meticulous notebooks... often verbatim. What I was somewhat bemused by was how, at the very least, this was all the product of some pretty artistic mental footwork. I deeply appreciated that it could indeed just be all a product of my imagination. Days later, I was having dinner when it hit me, "But what if I'm right? What if this isn't my imagination?"

I guess my point is that it is incredibly enticing to get carried away with your own thinking, especially when you have rather profound experiences that defy description on which that thinking is based. The thing to remember is that the map is NEVER the territory. This should be repeated on a daily basis lest we let our imaginations carry us into the land of make-believe.

I agree with most of this, but then there are human beings who believe in all sorts of make-believe yet have very pure and peaceful minds and hearts, then there are human beings who are very intelligent, rational, well-reasoned but are condescending and impure.

A little child is whole yet believes in all sorts of harmless make-believe. They are alive and use their imaginations.

I think adults can learn tons of insight from children.

Unification

It's all just a big act. The mystics pretend as though they have all the answers or some all-knowing or wisdom when really they don't. They act as though they're privy to some "higher" consciousness or some "higher reality" whereas the rest of us are stuck here in ordinary reality. Somehow we are below you, less aware or less enlightened. It's complete rubbish. No one has all the answers, so stop pretending.

That's a big lie, and I hope not envy. No one is below anyone or above anyone. Pointing fingers and labeling people is the complete rubbish. "You Mystics, grr grr grr." One has talents in this, another has talents in that... it's all utilized collectively.

Thats a strong delusion, that if some see themselves as superior to others that all must. That if some pretend, that all do.
Everything is reality.

That's like saying, I am happy, content, and blissful while another is angry, uncontent, and miserable. Am I happier than the miserable? I couldn't know what being happy was unless I experienced misery. Does being happier than another make me better than them? Nope.

Wisdom has nothing to do with all-knowing. No one knows much, wisdom is knowing oneself and realizing that.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I agree with most of this, but then there are human beings who believe in all sorts of make-believe yet have very pure and peaceful minds and hearts, then there are human beings who are very intelligent, rational, well-reasoned but are condescending and impure.

A little child is whole yet believes in all sorts of harmless make-believe. They are alive and use their imaginations.

I think adults can learn tons of insight from children.
I know it sounds like knit-picking, but I am genuinely revolted when people use terms like "very pure" as it implies that all else is tainted. I just don't see human animals that way. No one, anywhere is "very pure" and neither are any tainted. The human animal is much more varied than most are comfortable admitting so some give this pretense of "rising above" and being better than their natures. My guess is that closing off of the seamy underbelly of human behavior is precisely what gives rise to the monsters we see in our midst from time to time.

That said, children imagine because they have no concrete information. In effect, their emerging intellectual processes paper over the world in their own fanciful imagery. I think the main thing to learn from the very young is to not take things too seriously and remember to be playful.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
That's a big lie, and I hope not envy. No one is below anyone or above anyone. Pointing fingers and labeling people is the complete rubbish. "You Mystics, grr grr grr." One has talents in this, another has talents in that... it's all the utilized collectively.

Thats a strong delusion, that if some see themselves as superior to others that all must. That if some pretend, that all do.
Everything is reality.

That's like saying, I am happy, content, and blissful while another is angry, uncontent, and miserable. Am I happier than the miserable? I couldn't know what being happy was unless I experienced misery. Does being happier than another make me better than them? Nope.

Wisdom has nothing to do with all-knowing. No one knows much, wisdom is knowing oneself and realizing that.

So stop pointing fingers at the moon and let the moon do the pointing. Nature is my only teacher.

Unification

I know it sounds like knit-picking, but I am genuinely revolted when people use terms like "very pure" as it implies that all else is tainted. I just don't see human animals that way. No one, anywhere is "very pure" and neither are any tainted. The human animal is much more varied than most are comfortable admitting so some give this pretense of "rising above" and being better than their natures. My guess is that closing off of the seamy underbelly of human behavior is precisely what gives rise to the monsters we see in our midst from time to time.

That said, children imagine because they have no concrete information. In effect, their emerging intellectual processes paper over the world in their own fanciful imagery. I think the main thing to learn from the very young is to not take things too seriously and remember to be playful.

It only implies that all else is tainted if the implier implies it that way.

Every human has their animal nature and a good nature, constantly battling and at war with each other within.

Even the most animal, primitive natured human has some good latently within them. Even the most pure has to wrestle with the beast within them sometimes.

Of course, rising above the beast is what makes a human more peaceful, happy, content. The animal in us is always wanting, living in the past and future, creating havoc for themselves and others. It wouldn't be being better than their nature's if the "good" nature is already latently present within. It's just allowing that already present nature within to destroy more and more of that animal within.

Unification

So stop pointing fingers at the moon and let the moon do the pointing. Nature is my only teacher.

Nature exoteric to you or nature within you?

No finger pointing, I believe the finger pointing was at "mystics."

The moon isn't a respector of persons, nor is nature. The moon or nature doesn't see someone as a "mystic," it would see someone as a human being.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls

I was looking at the moon through a telescope last year, fantastic, I hadn't realised there were so many craters. Unfortunately there's a lot of light pollution where I live but there is nothing better than finding somewhere remote and looking up at the night sky. Gorgeous!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
It only implies that all else is tainted if the implier implies it that way.

Every human has their animal nature and a good nature, constantly battling and at war with each other within.

Even the most animal, primitive natured human has some good latently within them. Even the most pure has to wrestle with the beast within them sometimes.

Of course, rising above the beast is what makes a human more peaceful, happy, content. The animal in us is always wanting, living in the past and future, creating havoc for themselves and others. It wouldn't be being better than their nature's if the "good" nature is already latently present within. It's just allowing that already present nature within to destroy more and more of that animal within.
Sorry, I just don't see personality in such useless terms. The "lie" is that there is a beast lurking within that needs to be suppressed. There isn't. There is only human animal's imaginative interpretation of their own behaviors.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I was looking at the moon through a telescope last year, fantastic, I hadn't realised there were so many craters. Unfortunately there's a lot of light pollution where I live but there is nothing better than finding somewhere remote and looking up at the night sky. Gorgeous!
Hehe... I have near zero light pollution. :) Yeah, it sucks to be me.... *giggle*

It was the first thing I noticed when I moved here, you look at the sky at night and... "WOW"

Unification

Sorry, I just don't see personality in such useless terms. The "lie" is that there is a beast lurking within that needs to be suppressed. There isn't. There is only human animal's imaginative interpretation of their own behaviors.

I agree, nothing "needs" suppressed ..only if the human being is tired of their self-created suffering, and wants to seek peace and rest.

Do you see that a human's nature is only animal?

If we are animals, how is there not a beast within us?

This is more reality for me:
Ie: on my honeymoon, someone broke into my car and stole a digital camera.
The beast within me instantly wanted to get angry, rage and blame. The good in me instantly forgave, forgot about it, didn't allow anger to consume me, and realized I shouldn't have left it in the car and it's just material.

Ie: someone says something I don't like. The beast in me wants to react emotionally, retaliate, condescend, point fingers. The good in me wants to listen and respond, self-critique, forgives, has control over the tongue, and squashes what the beast wants.

Unification

Little jabs, shows character.

Unification

I am happy, however, that you've discovered one of the many forms of light.