• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Critic on Islam

no-body

That kind of thing will only burden the mind of muslim. It can be simplify as learning Islam with all your heart.

So rather than people learning the spirit of Islam you would rather they stop thinking and learn Islam without a brain unquestionably. Sure that is simple, but as with all fundamentalism you will eventually have to face reality and unfortunately slam into a brick wall.

AhmadSyahir

So rather than people learning the spirit of Islam you would rather they stop thinking and learn Islam without a brain unquestionably. Sure that is simple, but as with all fundamentalism you will eventually have to face reality and unfortunately slam into a brick wall.

Any of my sentence state to stop thinking? I mean that the establishment of certain so-called 'version' that will make muslim become more divided.

Muslim can still learn the spirit of Islam as a muslim and not by labeling themselves as Sufi, Salafi and all that. If the teaching are the same, why should there be another 'version'?? In my opinion, it will only make people divided.

AhmadSyahir

So does it come down to how Tawhid is understood,as we see from Wahabbis they are very strict on adherence to how they understand Tawhid.

Tawhid has never change and will not. God is studied through the Al-Quran. So, there's no different interpretation of tawhid (IMO).

What I do know is that Wahabbis cannot tolerate with others. I heard a story from a muslim that perform solah in Wahabbi's territory. He recite Qunut(doa') and he was stopped by the Wahabbis during his solah(how rude!). Wahabbis don't recite Qunut because they consider it as bida'h(innovation in religious practice). They should have respect other ulama' that allow it according to certain hadith.

A-ManESL

That kind of thing will only burden the mind of muslim. It can be simplify as learning Islam with all your heart.

Sufism is just a label, but the reality behind that label is precisely to follow the way to God (according to Prophet Muhammad's (SAW) teachings) with all of ones heart. That means not only following it outwardly (in rituals etc) but also internally (conquering one's ego, repenting of bad things etc). It is a sad reality that as the Sufi saint Ali Hujwiri said "Sufism was once a reality without a label. Now it has become a label without a reality." If you want to, dont apply the label Sufism. Whats relevant after all is just the reality behind the label.

And you have some misconception when you say that Wahabis are not Sunnis. They are very much Sunnis (actually they claim to be true Sunnis). Wahabism is more appropriately a movement, not a fundamental division like Shia-Sunni within Islam. Its followers are associated with the Hanbali madhab and follow a very conservative approach. They reject many scholarly opinions and have a very exclusive approach towards non-Wahabis and non Muslims.

Regards

Last edited:

uttam

i observe that in muslim community all over the world there are high crime rate, exploitation,sexual abuse ,physical torture to woman ,middle age like life style ,dictatorship in administration ,dishonor to minorities ,cruelty in legal punishment like killing by throwing stone etc , extremism in the name of jehad. it is not like that other society does not have any such offenses. the point is proportion. does islam fail to teach its people good things ? why other community are afraid of islam ? is islam dangerous for mankind ?

A-ManESL

i observe that in muslim community all over the world there are high crime rate, exploitation,sexual abuse ,physical torture to woman ,middle age like life style ,dictatorship in administration ,dishonor to minorities ,cruelty in legal punishment like killing by throwing stone etc , extremism in the name of jehad. it is not like that other society does not have any such offenses. the point is proportion. does islam fail to teach its people good things ? why other community are afraid of islam ? is islam dangerous for mankind ?

Care to provide some facts to substantiate your "observations". I am not saying there are entirely wrong but there may be more then religious reasons behind them.

I did a quick google search and according to this site the United States is the country with the highest reported crime rate. And according to this Senegal is the country with the second lowest murder rates in the world. Similarly Burkina Faso has the lowest reported crime rate. Surprised?

terryboy

Care to provide some facts to substantiate your "observations". I am not saying there are entirely wrong but there may be more then religious reasons behind them.

I did a quick google search and according to this site the United States is the country with the highest reported crime rate. And according to this Senegal is the country with the second lowest murder rates in the world. Similarly Burkina Faso has the lowest reported crime rate. Surprised?

Highest reported crime rate and highest crime rate are 2 different things. In this country where I stay, Nigeria, nobody wants to report a crime. The government officials (especially the police) are nothing but legal crooks. They don't enforce laws. They harass the public in hope to receive bribe. A high ranking officer even admitted that there's no way to tell a fake cop from a real one. It's not even safe to walk on the streets. West Africa is lawless, when there's no law, there's no crime. The links you provided do not reflect the true crime statistics.

terryboy

I'd say HDI would be a better yardstick to measure how progressive a country is.

List of countries by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A-ManESL

I'd say HDI would be a better yardstick to measure how progressive a country is.

List of countries by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are right about a material difference between crime rate and reported crime rate. I was just pointing out some facts, in the hope that the OP will also point out some facts.

Also I feel that the correlation between religion and development is not an easy one to analyse though and cursory lists will only give a flawed picture. This website looks interesting.

Regards

Last edited:

uttam

Dear A-ManESL my point is that it is the religion i.e Islam that determines the way of thinking ,way of action nay every aspect of life of a Muslim man or woman.unlike people of other religion ,your daily life is based on the dictation from Quran or Hadis ( spelling ?).Therefore any kind of down fall in the way of thinking or action of a musalman is directly related to his/her mental setup which is formed by Islamik tradition as mentioned in Quran or Hadis etc. Now if Quran claims credit for any good or noble thinking or action of a muslim man or woman then the discredit for unbecoming activities by a muslim man or woman also should go to Quran or Islamik tradition which is taught to every muslim children.could you justify the mental setup which is busy to kill innocent people by putting some explosive materials in densely populated area ? it is surprising that these muslims are killing innocent people in the name of Allha. the history of islam is full of chaos ,revenge, betrayal ,exploitation what not ? Negative portion is very much high with compare to positives.

terryboy

It's hard for me to disagree when opponents of Islam argue that Islam is a religion that causes many atrocities. Islamic doctrines influence Muslims one way or the other, ultra-orthodox Muslims tend to be more violent than their moderate / liberal counterparts. I totally cannot understand why killing is justifiable for apostasy, homosexuality and adultery. In Malaysia last year, there was a case when a Muslim boy posted on youtube that he's gay as part of 'it gets better' project to help to reduce suicide rates among gay teens. The boy received so many death threats from other Muslims that eventually the video was taken down for his own safety.

Malaysia

A-ManESL

Now if Quran claims credit for any good or noble thinking or action of a muslim man or woman...

The Quran doesnt claim credit of anything. You follow the Quran correctly and you will do good. You dont follow the Quran correctly and you will do bad.

I think you have a misunderstanding regarding the Quran.