• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin movie not showing in America

Man of Faith

I remember when Gibson's passion movie came out....

All those nuts jobs saying it was great, it accuratly prtrayed Jesus's life
It was like watchign history....

Then I finally watched it.... Including the bit where Jesus invented tables with long legs

Did you see that part where Jesus walked out of the tomb?

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
America is different than Europe, it was founded on a belief in a Creator. While Europe empbraces the faith of evolution, I bask in the enjoyment of a Creator.

While I dispute your "founded" statement, Creator and evolution are not mutually exclusive.

If you cannot accept facts simply because it goes against your beliefs, then your faith in your God is weak.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Make money but don't contibute anything to the welfare of society. Schools, hospitals, orphanages, universities, Mother's Day, the Red Cross are all the invention of believers and not atheists (oddly enough).

The American Red Cross is a secular organization.

Other secular charities....

ACLU
Unicef
Doctors without Borders
Amnesty International
Oxfam International
The Nature Conservancy
The SEED Foundation
Mercy Corps
International Peace Institute
Southern Poverty Law Center
Rotary/Rotary International
S.H.A.R.E
United Way

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
The one thing about atheist's. It is more about money and less about message.

Another of your little problems is assuming that one must be an atheist to accept the scientific facts of evolution and the Theory of Evolution.

There are many whose faith is strong enough to accept facts when presented to them.
Apparently, you are not one of them.:shrug:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
America is different than Europe, it was founded on a belief in a Creator. While Europe empbraces the faith of evolution, I bask in the enjoyment of a Creator.

Yes, Europe's history is practically religion-free. :yes:

(it's so cool now that we're getting members from alternate universes).

linwood

Yes, Europe's history is practically religion-free. :yes:

(it's so cool now that we're getting members from alternate universes).

This whole thread is a testament to why this movie isn`t playing here.

Ironically, it`s also testament to the painful dire need we have here of media like this movie.

:(

I think its really funny that people think atheists don't provide anything to society..that's just a joke of the highest level.

People will give themselves if they believe in religion or not. You will do your job and give if you are religious or not, anyone that says only people of religion give or help are talking complete rubbish. For me religion and giving/helping are separate its all down to the individual to decide not a god that dictates you must be like "X, Y and Z".

LittleNipper

I think its really funny that people think atheists don't provide anything to society..that's just a joke of the highest level.

People will give themselves if they believe in religion or not. You will do your job and give if you are religious or not, anyone that says only people of religion give or help are talking complete rubbish. For me religion and giving/helping are separate its all down to the individual to decide not a god that dictates you must be like "X, Y and Z".

SO, the atheists should all get together and run a campaign among themselves to raise the money to show this "masterful" movie to the masses, in order to "enlighten" them...

rojse

RF Addict
SO, the atheists should all get together and run a campaign among themselves to raise the money to show this "masterful" movie to the masses, in order to "enlighten" them...

How does that even have the slightest bearing on the post you are responding to?

logician

American's are so backward and religiusly intolerant it's not even funny, we're barely one step above Iran and Iraq in religious tolerance.

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing

Make money but don't contibute anything to the welfare of society. Schools, hospitals, orphanages, universities, Mother's Day, the Red Cross are all the invention of believers and not atheists (oddly enough).

American's are so backward and religiusly intolerant it's not even funny, we're barely one step above Iran and Iraq in religious tolerance.

And the award for most unfounded statement in this thread goes to...

linwood

It seems you`re taking some heat for this comment.
I just want you to know that some of us agree with you.

To say otherwise is to be blind to the realities of our culture.

Then again maybe being an atheist in this society gives one a bit of a different perspective when consider cultural religious tolerance here.