• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

death by stoning

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Fluffy said:
so surely Saudi Arabia is clearly an Islamic country?

Of course .. :)

jamaesi said:
Yeah, Saudi Arabia is about as Islamic as a vegetarian eating a steak. They're sort of missing the point of what they profess to be...

Your proof?

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Your proof?

Where does it say in Islam that women aren't allowed to drive a car, or not allowed to be religious or political leaders, or to be forced to wear hijab, or any other of the backwards things Saudi Arabia does?

kai

ragamuffin
whenever a muslim is questioned about the killingsof innocents the stonings etc etc etc we get the same stock answer its nothing to do with islam, so in effect :
all the atrocities we witness on a daily basis now in the name of allah is nothing to do with islam
women are blissfully happy in islam if not
it is nothing to do with islam
the genocide of africans in Darfur has nothing to do with islam
the preachers of hate in my country and elsewhere call for death to christians and jews is nothing to do with islam
islam must be the most misunderstood religion on earth, if this is true dont you think its about time Islam cleaned up its own house,because sooner or later the truth will dawn on the rest of the world

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
jamaesi said:
Where does it say in Islam that women aren't allowed to drive a car, or not allowed to be religious or political leaders

Did i say it's in islam? It's just part of their own culture and we can't say why is that or that because all women there are happy with it and instead they have drivers to take them wherever they want to go without bothering themselves with changing tires, oil, petrol bla bla.

or to be forced to wear hijab, or any other of the backwards things Saudi Arabia does?

Hijab is part of islam and all muslims around the world acknowledge it as part of islam.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
kai said:
whenever a muslim is questioned about the killingsof innocents the stonings etc etc etc we get the same stock answer its nothing to do with islam, so in effect :
all the atrocities we witness on a daily basis now in the name of allah is nothing to do with islam
the preachers of hate in my country and elsewhere call for death to christians and jews is nothing to do with islam
islam must be the most misunderstood religion on earth, if this is true dont you think its about time Islam cleaned up its own house,because sooner or later the truth will dawn on the rest of the world

I can say the same thing about christianity for instance when people kill in the name of Jesus christ (i.e. crusade) and most of christians say it has nothing to do with christianity.

The priests who molest small boys in churches have nothing to do with christianity !!! in the worship place !!!

When the american army do horible things in colonized muslims countries they say, it has nothing to do with christianity.

When a group of people burn a mosque it has nothing to do woth christianity.

When a christian guy steal so he is a person "individual" but when a muslim steal no he is not an invidual but he is a muslim for God's sake !!! then anyone will come here asking why do muslims steal?????????????? and he didn't notice it was a person who steal and he didn't said i steal with the name of Allah or somthing, (just because he heard in the media that a muslim did it).

This can be apllied to many religions and this is only an example.

kai

ragamuffin
can say the same thing about christianity for instance when people kill in the name of Jesus christ (i.e. crusade) and most of christians say it has nothing to do with christianity. the crusades were a direct response to the muslim conquest of the levant , can we stick to the present day

The priests who molest small boys in churches have nothing to do with christianity !!! in the worship place !!! i havent heard of anyone doing it in the name of god
When the american army do horible things in colonized muslims countries they say, it has nothing to do with christianity. there are no colonised muslim countries and i dont know if these soldiers are christians do you?
When a group of people burn a mosque it has nothing to do woth christianity.well i cant comment on this as i dont know which mosque or if christians did it
When a christian guy steal so he is a person "individual" but when a muslim steal no he is not an invidual but he is a muslim for God's sake !!! then anyone will come here asking why do muslims steal?????????????? and he didn't notice it was a person who steal and he didn't said i steal with the name of Allah or somthing, (just because he heard in the media that a muslim did it). again which man was stealing
This can be apllied to many religions and this is only an example. again the same old cliche's ___________________________

kai

ragamuffin
The Truth said:
Did i say it's in islam? It's just part of their own culture and we can't say why is that or that because all women there are happy with it and instead they have drivers to take them wherever they want to go without bothering themselves with changing tires, oil, petrol bla bla.

Hijab is part of islam and all muslims around the world acknowledge it as part of islam.
wow it sounds like the england football teams wives
'Why Was I Born a Girl?'
http://www.worldpress.org/Europe/1730.cfm

Melody

The Truth said:
I can say the same thing about christianity for instance when people kill in the name of Jesus christ (i.e. crusade) and most of christians say it has nothing to do with christianity.

Since the crusades happened around 1095, I don't see the relevance.

The Truth said:
The priests who molest small boys in churches have nothing to do with christianity !!! in the worship place !!!

When the american army do horible things in colonized muslims countries they say, it has nothing to do with christianity.

What do any of these things have to do with christianity? The american army is doing nothing in the "name of God". The priests are not molesting little boys in the name of God". However, in the news when people in the middle east are doing something heinous such as kidnapping and beheading a westerner, they say they're doing it in the name of Allah. This is why one assumes that Islam is to blame. It's perception.

Reactions: kai

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
kai said:

For sure it has nothing to do with islam as well.

Yes true but we can't do anything toward it because you can't force people to follow you but we try to spread the real message of islam so those misguided people might listen one day.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Melody said:
What do any of these things have to do with christianity? The american army is doing nothing in the "name of God". The priests are not molesting little boys in the name of God". However, in the news when people in the middle east are doing something heinous such as kidnapping and beheading a westerner, they say they're doing it in the name of Allah. This is why one assumes that Islam is to blame. It's perception.

Why then judging the whole religion and blame it if you can see the law by your own eyes in the Quran and hadith?

kai

ragamuffin
The Truth said:
Why then judging the whole religion and blame it if you can see the law by your own eyes in the Quran and hadith?
because most westerners dont read the bible or the quran they hear people saying its not Islam but they see other people saying it is Islam,the violent are always more vociferous than the peaceful , here we see the likes of abu hamza preaching hatred and no counter voice. It is all a great shame on humanity as a whole

kai

ragamuffin
The Truth said:
For sure it has nothing to do with islam as well.

Yes true but we can't do anything toward it because you can't force people to follow you but we try to spread the real message of islam so those misguided people might listen one day.
I totally get your message Truth but it is overshadowed by events

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
kai said:
because most westerners dont read the bible or the quran they hear people saying its not Islam but they see other people saying it is Islam,the violent are always more vociferous than the peaceful , here we see the likes of abu hamza preaching hatred and no counter voice. It is all a great shame on humanity as a whole

It's a shame not to stop those people from spreading hatred and i hope that all muslims will stand as one person with one voice saying no to hatred and no to violence.

kai said:
I totally get your message Truth but it is overshadowed by events

People always love the bad news and they ignore good news.

I heard once about a new style news paper where it only publish good news but they lost alot and decided to turn it to publishing all bad news around much more than the good news.

People love to see, hear and read about these bad events but once someone try to spread the good news or the positive part of islam they do somthing like:

images

kai

ragamuffin
The Truth said:
It's a shame not to stop those people from spreading hatred and i hope that all muslims will stand as one person with one voice saying no to hatred and no to violence.

People always love the bad news and they ignore good news.

I heard once about a new style news paper where it only publish good news but they lost alot and decided to turn it to publishing all bad news around much more than the good news.

People love to see, hear and read about these bad events but once someone try to spread the good news or the positive part of islam they do somthing like:

I agree

Melody

The Truth said:

:thud:

Because they are *claiming* they are doing the will of Allah....and I don't see a huge outcry from the rest of the muslim communities either.

The priests are not claiming they're doing the will of God.
The army is not claiming they're doing the will of God.

Melody

The Truth said:

And the day that happens, I will be first in line to say I believe Islam is a religion of peace. Right now that's very hard to believe based on events in muslim dominated regions.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb

Wow, nothing like a heap o' sexism in the early afternoon.

My vagina does not hinder me while driving. My breasts do not prevent me from filling up my own vehicle with gasoline. My hips do not render me incapable of changing a flat tire.

Your attitude does.
Sexism in the form of laws like in Saudi Arabia do and they SAY and base their law as part of Islam.

I am a woman, not a small stupid child. The woman of Saudi Arabia are the same. And yes, I know a lot of them aren't happy being treated like second class citizens, I'm good friends with many of them.

Hijab is part of Islam AND up to the women and does not include covering every inch of her skin by force.